• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ariel seems to be hinting Ronda is gonna be at the fight. I bet they will have her go in the cage and challenge Tate if she wins, and thus hype up that fight for MSG in November. That may be why she is Main Event now

does claudia have a chance against joanna? never seen claudia fight before

I'm picking her to win. She beat Joanna in the 1st fight imo

Ariel seems to be hinting Ronda is gonna be at the fight. I bet they will have her go in the cage and challenge Tate if she wins, and thus hype up that fight for MSG in November. That may be why she is Main Event now

Ronda is going to storm the cage with a chair and hit Tate in the back, saying "It's on, bitch".

Cromwell

Banned
It's a good decision, less WWE and more MMA.

2613338-3360986542-5VsQl.gif

Levito

Banned
Honeslty, I don't think anything will ever top GSP/Serra in terms of upset. GSP was the far better fighter than Serra, but just got clipped.

I imagine the thought process to get to Nunes and Tate as the main event went something like this.

Want a five rounder for main event --> Brock and Hunt should not go five rounds --> Real championship > Interim championship

Levito

Banned
Pretty crazy to think that the UFC got big on Spike with hyper masculine bro show and now the main event for UFC 200 is a women's title fight. Like like dis here sport. :^)

EDIT: God damn it I need mods to change the thread title again...

Given the way the styles match-up, Tate/Nunes will probably be a really fun fight. I have no issue with it being the main event really given the circumstances.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have no idea who one of the fighters is in the UFC 200 main event. It would have made sense if it was Holly v Tate with Honda in the audience to challenge the winner.

soon as I click on the conference first line I hear "I'm going to have to run from him a lot"

lol wow, what an exciting main event..smh. (not main event, oh ok)

Levito

Banned
And of all those fights, they picked...Anderson Silva.

Sounds a little more entertainment than sport, friends.

It's two days before a fight, not much they can do on such short notice. They went with the biggest name, it's a money/hype fight and nothing more. But it's still a fight.

You know what's more Sports than Entertainment though? Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes is now the main event. ;)

Heel

It's two days before a fight, not much they can do on such short notice. They went with the biggest name, it's a money/hype fight and nothing more. But it's still a fight.

They had multiple choices, and went with the "money/hype fight" as you put it. I'm glad you're coming around to the truth, Levito.

Levito

Banned
They had multiple choices, and went with the "money/hype fight" as you put it. I'm glad you're coming around to the truth, Levito.

Nah Heel, I'm just not really interested in arguing about this anymore. At the end of the day, the WWE themselves would not call MMA 'Sports Entertainment'. Cause, ya know, MMA doesn't have a writers staff, or storylines, and the participants are actually competing.You're absolutely right that there are freakshow fights, fights that are hype and nothing else--same thing happens in boxing too. When Daniel Cormier crawls into a coffin and pretends to fuck a corpse, then I'll concede defeat to you, my dearest Heel. Until then, here we are. ;)

And since you skipped it, I'll reiterate: Tate/Nunes is the main event, cause it's the most important to the division, as it's the only real belt on the line.

UFC 200 |OT| Looking for a Fight
UFC 200 |OT| Bish vs. Evilore
UFC 200 |OT| Dada 5000 vs. 5000 Gracies

I actually meant I'll need to get it changed from 'Lesnar vs Hunt' to 'Tate vs Nunes'.

Cromwell

Banned
Of course MMA has storylines, Levito. Most of them are scripted too.

DC and Jones is one of the most legit rivalries in UFC history. Can't think of any two fighters in the sport who genuinely hate eachother more, though I know I'm probably forgetting one or two bigger ones. Bisping and Rockhold is already looking like it might eclipse them.

dream

Just because they pretend they don't know the cameras are on doesn't mean they don't know the cameras are on.

Levito

Banned
OT is updated, I left the main poster for now cause there's no suitable replacement. As usual if anyone wants video or interviews etc thrown in the OT just lemme know.

Of course MMA has storylines, Levito. Most of them are scripted too.

Do you think Billy Graham shoulda sued Chael for stealing all those lines? I woulda, the jerk.

Heel

DC and Jones is one of the most legit rivalries in UFC history. Can't think of any two fighters in the sport who genuinely hate eachother more, though I know I'm probably forgetting one or two bigger ones. Bisping and Rockhold is already looking like it might eclipse them.

The rivalry was so real, Jon Jones, a man who does D-Generation X inspired crotch chops after his wins, cried for Daniel Cormier's lost opportunity. Daniel Cormier, a grown man who attended WrestleMania and compared their upcoming match to Triple H vs. The Rock.

Cmon-Son.gif

Levito

Banned
I know nothing about UFC.

Putting down my entire Paycheck on Brock Lesnar winning is a safe bet right?

Most people are picking Hunt, because Brock hasn't fought in 5 years. Also Hunt is maybe the hardest hitter in MMA while Brock has a history of not liking getting hit at all.(Rather not good at taking shots).

HOWEVER

Brock has superb wrestling and he can probably get a takedown easy if he doesn't get tagged beforehand. Word is Hunt's knees are really shot too, and he tends to get controlled on the ground by grapplers.

Me? I think if Brock is still athletic and fast, I think he takes it. But if you're actually betting, know that it's a steep mountain.

DMczaf

The more interesting outcome is Brock completely destroying Hunt, because I want to see what Vince does.

Does he allow Brock to continue fighting, possibly for the title and become the first ever UFC and WWE champ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom