• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Eddie last night. Only seen him in the UFC and the Pettis fight really let me down. Watched some of his old Bellator fights a few weeks back and immediatly became a fan. As a brawler he is awesome. Great performance.

Takuan

Anderson risking more brain cotton for his retirement fund. Why not? Is normal. This the Ufc, thanks to Dana and Lorenzo for fight.

I'm just happy Cormier is getting his, that reaction to the news was painful to watch. Forget about the blood, sweat and tears - realizing you're short a few mil just like that is not something most humans are equipped to handle.

I'd expect to see spoilers in a Fight Night thread, not in a thread of an event which is happening in two days.
I was actually thinking that the thread title should be for all three events cuz we're going to talk about the TUF Finale in here too. It's a 3-day UFC event.

Levito

Banned
Anderson in his prime struggled against wrestlers. Now a well out of his prime Anderson is going to fight the biggest, strongest, and most skilled wrestlers he's faced.

This isn't even going to be close y'all, let's be serious. DC is going to pick him up, slam him, and then never let him up. First or second round finish, this is a money fight and nothing more.

Camwi

Shit, I'd be in tears too if millions of dollars were taken away from me.

I'm sure that's a small fraction of it. I can't even imagine the mindset you have to be in to spend months training to avenge a previous loss against someone you hate, only to have it ripped away days beforehand.

zewone

Yes, but not in a while and not against top competition. Can't see how this will go well for him, but DC isn't a young guy either.

What? He beat Forrest, the former light heavyweight champion. It wasn't way down the road either, it was Forrest's next fight after losing the belt. And he didn't just beat him, he entered the Matrix and destroyed him. Silva would have been the LHW champ if he fought him before Rashad got to him.

You can't downplay Anderson's greatness.

MQ6F7Le.png

painey

I'm sure that's a small fraction of it. I can't even imagine the mindset you have to be in to spend months training to avenge a previous loss against someone you hate, only to have it ripped away days beforehand.

I think you really underestimate how much he wanted the payday.. as do many fighters. Theres a reason DC was willing to jump to HW just to stay on the card, and that there are 10 fighters instantly on twitter begging for fights on the card after a fight is cancelled. Money motivates.

Brett Okamoto ‏@bokamotoESPN 3m3 minutes ago

After the week we've had, if you're the UFC, are you worried your main event champion hasn't weighed in with 14 minutes to go?

Camwi

I think you really underestimate how much he wanted the payday.. as do many fighters. Theres a reason DC was willing to jump to HW just to stay on the card, and that there are 10 fighters instantly on twitter begging for fights on the card after a fight is cancelled. Money motivates.

Fair enough.

Max_Po

Banned
Its a BIG "ZING" to Dana and nothing but Karma.

Dana white was belittling Miesha to retire and not giving her a title show last year.

Rousey got her ass knocked out... one of my favorite moments of 2015.

I am so glad.... a Title Fight should head line not Brock Lesnar who hasn't competed in years.

Refresh my memory

Do they still do a weigh in later but they just get on the scale and pose for fans or do they not do that anymore?

Camwi

I really hope Hendricks loses, though I'm sure he'll win.

Then again, I've counted Gastelum out many times in the past, and he's proven me wrong.

zewone

How long until we get rid of weight cutting?

They're working on it. There's a new rule where you have to weigh a certain percentage over your intended weight class the week prior to the fight. They also run tests to make sure you're not overly dehydrated to make weight, if so, the fight is off.

It's a really tough thing to police.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Final weights

Main card (PPV at 10 p.m. ET)
Miesha Tate (134.5) vs. Amanda Nunes (135)
Brock Lesnar (265.5) vs. Mark Hunt (264.5)
Daniel Cormier (206) vs. Anderson Silva (198.5)
Jose Aldo (145) vs. Frankie Edgar (144.5)
Cain Velasquez (242.5) vs. Travis Browne (244)

Undercard (FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET)
Cat Zingano (135.5) vs. Julianna Pena (135.5)
Johny Hendricks (171.25) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (171)
T.J. Dillashaw (136) vs. Raphael Assuncao (135.5)
Sage Northcutt (156) vs. Enrique Marin (156)

Undercard (UFC Fight Pass at 6:30 p.m. ET)
Diego Sanchez (155) vs. Joe Lauzon (156)
Gegard Mousasi (185.5) vs. Thiago Santos (186)
Jim Miller (155.5) vs. Takanori Gomi (156)

Andy weighing 198.5 RIP.

Dr.Acula

Banned
They should just make people weigh their weight as they step into the ring.

People hardly ever miss their weight at the weigh-in, and if they do, the fight's off anyway. Plus, if people know they have to fight at their weight weight, they're not going to starve/dehydrate themselves because they're going to want to feel as fresh as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom