• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cm-bKMPWgAAjMWe.jpg

"FUCK YEAH! I'm still alive and with 600.000 more money!"

TheFatOne

I'm not saying DC looked great. He didn't. I'm just saying his strategy was smart so the hate seems overblown.

When you have a boring ass strategy, and the only significant strike was from your opponent you are going to get shit on. Sure it was smart. It was also incredibly boring, and DC didn't look particularly great. Especially getting hurt at the end of it. Not a good look for a guy who is supposed to be the champ. Jon got killed for looking gun shy in his last fight, and DC should be getting killed for looking like shit.

Cromwell

Banned
Y'all are fucking insanely gullible if you think DC didn't go full on WWE for that fight. The dude knows how to throw a work, he's been on Stone Cold's podcast for fucks sake. He's a student of the McMahon school.

He made Anderson look good and walked away with a big pay day. Win win, and Jones' career is over so let's stop talking about what he could have done.

Seems kind of suspect that you are out here copping pleas for DC's performance and asking people not to judge him based on it when just before the fight started you said:

Doesn't the same thing apply here?

It can, but I qualified it with "if it's an indication". It's possible Jon would have looked way better. I don't know.

And I'm not asking anything. You can judge what you want. I'm just saying his domination of Rumble and win over Gus aren't suddenly meaningless just because he had a bad fight against Silva. Saying "DC is trash" or "DC should retire" based off one fight is extremely reactionary. And I'd argue that no matter who it was. DC or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom