• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can, but I qualified it with "if it's an indication". It's possible Jon would have looked way better. I don't know.

And I'm not asking anything. You can judge what you want. I'm just saying his domination of Rumble and win over Gus aren't suddenly meaningless just because he had a bad fight against Silva. Saying "DC is trash" or "DC should retire" based off one fight is extremely reactionary. And I'd argue that no matter who it was. DC or otherwise.

I'm not saying it erases anything. DC is a great fighter, but this was a bad look for him, on a huge stage. If he just wanted to pack it in a take an easy pay day, that's his prerogative, but people are going to call it like they see it.

2074yu4sw2.gif

I'm not saying it erases anything. DC is a great fighter, but this was a bad look for him, on a huge stage. If he just wanted to pack it in a take an easy pay day, that's his prerogative, but people are going to call it like they see it.

And that's fine. You can say DC looked terrible, because he did. But extrapolating that out to say anything about his future given the circumstances just seems ridiculous to me.

Cromwell

Banned

It was a work. People would be calling DC a dick if he just demolished Silva right away.

The DC hate is so stupid.

And that's fine. You can say DC looked terrible, because he did. But extrapolating that out to say anything about his future given the circumstances just seems ridiculous to me.

I don't think it says anything about his future. He can probably hang pretty easily with the rest of the division until his prime ends. I doubt he would have had anything for Bones but thanks to Jonny's stupidity we will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom