• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big website from Brazil reported that Anderson will be fighting, said they will announce today during the RdA event.

Can't understand how they got a permit to show murder live on television but hey, that's cool.

Fox318

Just have Herb be the ref for that Neil Magney fight in Australia be the ref for Punk vs DC.

The latest of stoppages

VoxPop

The idea of Anderson Silva as 205 champ in 2016 still gives me butterflies. Now that Jones is out of the picture, the LHW division gets some new life (sorta). I see Anderson easily beating Rumble, Glover and Bader but Cormier is quite an obstacle.

But hey Michael Bisping is fucking champ.

Cromwell

Banned

image.png

iLLmAtlc

you guys gonna take a known troll's word for it? he pretended he didn't understand english for all those years and spent the better part of his career wearing pink t shirts and backwards baseball caps

Levito

Banned
you guys gonna take a known troll's word for it? he pretended he didn't understand english for all those years and spent the better part of his career wearing pink t shirts and backwards baseball caps

Hi Chael how are you? Selling windshield washer on your podcast working out well?

If it's Silva, I am intrigued, but he won't be able to stop the takedowns. A prime Spider against DC would be interesting, even though I would heavily favor Cormier in that fight as well.

Heel

I almost hope it's Anderson Silva so I can laugh at the idea of this being a "sport" one more time.

GunBR

The idea of Anderson Silva as 205 champ in 2016 still gives me butterflies. Now that Jones is out of the picture, the LHW division gets some new life (sorta). I see Anderson easily beating Rumble, Glover and Bader but Cormier is quite an obstacle.

But hey Michael Bisping is fucking champ.
The news say that it's gonna be a non-title match.

And after the last fights of Anderson, I don't know if he could beat any of this LHW fighters

Levito

Banned
It's either going to be a stupid hype fight like Anderson or someone at heavyweight. 3 days notice is not enough time for all parties involved to put on a real title fight.

zewone

The belt being on the line would be the most intriguing to me.

I don't think DC is a very exciting fighter, so at least some stakes involved would be nice.

dream

The "biggest show eva" being carried by a guy who's 0-3-1 in his last 4, and the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion and Mayor of Suplex City. Is there any doubt remaining that this is sports entertainment?

One thing I haven't seen many people mention about what Dana said this morning that Meltzer noticed:

Also, when saying how it's virtually impossible the B sample will come back clean, White mentioned two different agents in the A sample test failure. It is possible testing positive for two agents could lead to a suspension longer than two years.

Levito

Banned
Jones was apparently popped for 2 illegal substances, so of course his suspension would be longer than two years.

GunBR

The "biggest show eva" being carried by a guy who's 0-3-1 in his last 4, and the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion and Mayor of Suplex City. Is there any doubt remaining that this is sports entertainment?
And the former main event of the show was a rematch of two guys from different weight classes

Heel

On pure sporting merit, it would take some incredible mental gymnastics to justify a guy who hasn't won since he fought Stephan Bonnar in 2012 over literally any other fighter.

I'm sure plenty of people will try to jump through that hoop to preserve their perceived sanctity of this three ring circus we call MMA, though.

Fox318

Ask Steph.

She thinks these are completely different products.

Levito

Banned
Can we please not have this thread turn into MMA vs Pro wrestling again? If you think it's not a sport then that's your prerogative, but that's not what this thread is for.

Can we please not have this thread turn into MMA vs Pro wrestling again? If you think it's not a sport then that's your prerogative, but that's not what this thread is for.
Yes, let's not turn the Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt ppv into MMA vs pro wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom