• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC champion Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine, reportedly enters rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guru-Guru

Banned
lol

Anyway, the piece of shit junkie needs to be banned and blacklisted from the sport. You don't want a cokehead representing your company. Lucky for him this happened before the inevitable beat down by the real LHW champion Alexander Gustafsson who was royally screwed over by the judges in their last fight,
He will never be blacklisted from the sport. Dana White has already released a statement of support. He's one of their biggest stars (UFC fans love to hate him, and his latest PPV is drawing 750k plus), and it would make no sense from a business standpoint to get rid of him.

And who cares? Unlike steroids, I doubt doing coke at some parties was giving him any tangible performance benefits.

Gustaffson got soundly beat 3-2, and you can easily make the argument that he lost 4-1. Do yourself a favor and watch the match muted.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Ronda Rousey

Just in case it wasn't obvious, this is absolutely not Ronda Rousey. Please do not quote or acknowledge this poster if they're posting to try to impersonate Ronda Rousey
We don't know the full story.. Just because he has entered rehab, doesn't necessarily mean Jones is an addict or continual substance abuser.

Omega

Banned
ZTMKJhf.png

haha

who just openly admits to snitching? i guess when you got the eye poke of doom in your arsenal you don't give a fuck but damn.

BrettWeir

We don't know the full story.. Just because he has entered rehab, doesn't necessarily mean Jones is an addict or continual substance abuser.

And that matters why? If I went into my job and was randomly tested and failed for cocaine, do you think I'd still have a job?

Obviously, he knew there was an issue.....

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
And that matters why? If I went into my job and was randomly tested and failed for cocaine, do you think I'd still have a job?

No, unless you're one of a handful of people that can do your job in the world.

Jon Jones is not an employee of the UFC and was not tested by his employer.

The difference here is that this test didn't occur while he was "working."

And goin into Rehab, for people in the public eye, isn't always because they're at a point where they need it.. but as a PR move to show the public that they're doing something about it.

Heel

Of all the Jackson guys, who do you think is most likely to partake in the yay with Bones Jones? I'm going with Cowboy Cerrone. I have absolutely no doubt that Cowboy Cerrone does lines with Bones Jones.

Even when it came down to logistics, simple things like cutting weight twice in three weeks, Cerrone said he barely considered (or cared) about any potential ramifications.

"I don't have an answer for you on that one," Cerrone replied, chuckling again. "[That's] probably damaging, for sure. But so is cocaine and alcohol, so I think this is a little less."

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT SETTLE DOWN RONDA FUCK

Of all the Jackson guys, who do you think is most likely to partake in the yay with Bones Jones? I'm going with Cowboy Cerrone. I have absolutely no doubt that Cowboy Cerrone does lines with Bones Jones.

I bet he does a line and then without a hint of irony yells "YEEHAW"

Ronda Rousey

Just in case it wasn't obvious, this is absolutely not Ronda Rousey. Please do not quote or acknowledge this poster if they're posting to try to impersonate Ronda Rousey
The difference here is that this test didn't occur while he was "working."

And goin into Rehab, for people in the public eye, isn't always because they're at a point where they need it.. but as a PR move to show the public that they're doing something about it.

Exactly.

Guru-Guru

Banned

Yeah, but you aren't the P4P #1, future GOAT, and I doubt you have made your company millions and millions of dollars. You're more replaceable than Jones.

An athlete used cocaine? Woah!

I'm so sick of celebrities going into rehab for PR. Assuming he's not actually an addict.

I always though coke was completely out of your sytem after a day or two. You'd pretty much have to be an addict to get caught using that drug.

For sure. Cerrone's spare time activities include wakeboarding and bullriding. During the post fight press conference, the motherfucker was chewing tobacco and using an empty Budweiser bottle as a spittle.

If he wasn't snorting coke off the asses of groupies during the after party, I would be sorely disappointed.

JeanGrey

If its true its very sad. Children look up to sport figures. No one ask them to but they do. Hard drug or not it has been proven that Cocaine does do damage to a person body. It can cause brain damage. If its not band it should.Kids and even adults look at Jones and say " If he can do it and he's a fit athlete then I can do it and I'll be fine" That's where an addiction begins IMO.

If its true its very sad. Children look up to sport figures. No one ask them to but they do. Hard drug or not it has been proven that Cocaine does do damage to a person body. It can cause brain damage. If its not band it should.Kids and even adults look at Jones and say " If he can do it and he's a fit athlete then I can do it and I'll be fine" That's where an addiction begins IMO.

Would have a point except the UFC and every other sport is littered with alcohol sponsorships and ads.

Syntsui

What do you think about celebrities drinking Hennessy, Patron, Ciroc and the likes on ads, instagram etc? Not considering the legality of course.

see5harp

I'm fairly sure my nephew will be fine going through 2nd grade without snorting cocaine. Besides, he can't even afford it.

ITT I've had my suspicion confirmed that average person has no clue what the effects of coke are and how bad it actually is for you.

FStop7

Banned
Cocaine's been used as a PED for ages. Long before the days of pro cyclists being fueled by EPO they were fueled by cocaine.

dream

While reading Bones Jones's statement, I was struck by the strangeness of him apologizing to his fiance because it seems to me that he's been engaged to her for a very long time. So I did a little bit of research and ballerswives.com has an article dated March 10, 2011 in which they offer a very cursory bio of this fiancee, along with this quote:

“This sport can turn you into somewhat of a celebrity. But being with Jessie it keeps things in check for me. It doesn’t get to my head, and I live the life of an older man. It keeps me in the house and grounded. Jessie is definitely a huge percentage of my success.”

So if ballerswives.com is correct, and given their longstanding history of accuracy, Bones Jones has been "engaged" for at least four years. Do you think this woman actually believes that Bones Jones, who accepts fellatio from drunk young ladies, and openly gives his numbers to waitresses in the presence of a journalist, is going to actually marry her?

BadAss2961

While reading Bones Jones's statement, I was struck by the strangeness of him apologizing to his fiance because it seems to me that he's been engaged to her for a very long time. So I did a little bit of research and ballerswives.com has an article dated March 10, 2011 in which they offer a very cursory bio of this fiancee, along with this quote:

So if ballerswives.com is correct, and given their longstanding history of accuracy, Bones Jones has been "engaged" for at least four years. Do you think this woman actually believes that Bones Jones, who accepts fellatio from drunk young ladies, and openly gives his numbers to waitresses in the presence of a journalist, is going to actually marry her?
Doesn't sound like he'll ever be faithful. But if he stuck with her this long, why wouldn't he marry her at some point?

BrettWeir

Jon Jones is not an employee of the UFC and was not tested by his employer.

LOL!

Just like how when I was hired, a completely different company did a drug test on me. Brilliant excuse....And I don't give a damn about your "posts" in the MMA thread. That's idiotic.

Jake.

i don't care about the coke, but the du has always been a mad fraud who uses jesus/his religion as a front.

liger05

So UFC quits out of competition random testing and now it's best fighter tests positive for coke before a fight and they allow the fight to continue.

Great job Dana. What a joke of an organisation.

dream

Doesn't sound like he'll ever be faithful. But if he stuck with her this long, why wouldn't he marry her at some point?

I guess a better question is why hasn't he married her already? They have three children together, and from my understanding of the Christian faith, of which Bones Jones is a devout follower of, having children out of wedlock is frowned upon.

I guess a better question is why hasn't he married her already? They have three children together, and from my understanding of the Christian faith, of which Bones Jones is a devout follower of, having children out of wedlock is frowned upon.

maybe he doesn't want to pay child support lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

He's been with her since high school. He's 27 now.

y2dvd

LOL!

Just like how when I was hired, a completely different company did a drug test on me. Brilliant excuse....And I don't give a damn about your "posts" in the MMA thread. That's idiotic.

oOo that comeback. You just got laughed on son!

Edit*
Dat editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom