• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC champion Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine, reportedly enters rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just surprised at the lack of action against this. Handling the use of cocaine like that is just awful. I mean it's better that he's going into rehab but what the fuck at being tested positive before the fight.

He's a draw card and the UFC is not really properly regulated, what do you expect?

Dana White is a massive hypocrite so there is no way he would lose a draw card in an era where PPV numbers have been steadily declining in general.

I just cant believe the people standing up for Jones - he is such a wankstain hypocrite.

Guru-Guru

Banned
He's a draw card and the UFC is not really properly regulated, what do you expect?

Dana White is a massive hypocrite so there is no way he would lose a draw card in an era where PPV numbers have been steadily declining in general.

I just cant believe the people standing up for Jones - he is such a wankstain hypocrite.
He's got a good chance finishing his career as the MMA GOAT, is an entertaining and ridiculously skilled fighter, and it is fun to watch him dismantle his competition at their own strengths. I personally don't give a shit about any of the drama that happens in his life outside of the ring, nor about whether he is a good or bad person. At the end of the day, he puts on amazing fights, and that's all I care about. I think a lot of people standing up for him think the same.

You guys realize that using cocaine is not performance enhancing right? Cocaine maybe a hell of a drug but it's not gonna help you beat people up better.

My big gripe with it realistically is, in any other respected sport, a champion busted for doing coke at any time of the year, on or off season, would be banned for x amount of time, and fined. Its just another reason UFC wont be taken seriously.

There are certainly athletes in other "respected sports" that do recreational drugs. Everyone knows it happens. The difference is they're slightly better at not getting caught. Hell those "respected sports" have guys using PEDs and not getting caught by the tests but getting caught by paperwork.

Anyone who really pays attention to these sports knows they're not much better. It's all business and the bottom line really is about making money.

FWIW, he's been doing it since (just about) day one. Though some would say he copied it from Evans.
Yep. I remember Evans doing it every fight, then when he fought Machida, for whatever reason he didn't do it. Right then and there I said to myself "Rashad is a dead man."

He died moments later.

dem

lol @ people who think the UFC should have stopped the fight

Oh no he did coke. Do you have any idea how many athletes do coke?

EYEL1NER

ZTMKJhf.png
Ha! That and the DUI car wreck of his were the first things I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Hex

Banned
I agree that it has nothing to do with the fight, but the amount of people treating it like "whatever" is honestly surprising to me as is the UFC just saying "Oh what a great guy for going into rehab" with not even a slap on the wrist.
Edit: NFL, MLB, even WWE would have all thrown a fine or a small suspension out there if for nothing else than the fact that they got caught.

WaltJay

Well, this would explain his erratic behavior on social media (posting videos, taking them down, denying them, not denying them, etc.).

And have your poster boy and one of the main representatives of the UFC labeled as a cokehead?

Be it 1 or 1000 athletes, they should all be punished. Not only is it unprofessional, it's against the law.

Whenever any other fighter get caught with any type of drug, they can make a case for having the same treatment that Jon Jones is getting.
Dana White is basically saying that it's ok to do coke in the UFC.

dem

The much bigger news is that Jones T/E ratio was 0.29 to 1.. on another test it was 0.19/1

which is extremely low..

which means... hes probably cheating.

xBS6039.png

According to Greg Savage there's a rumor that Jones hid under the cage @ Jackson's to avoid testing prior to December 4th

dem

Dr. Johnny Benjamin
‏@DrJCBenjamin
@erikmagraken When I see a very low T/E ratio I'm concerned that exogenous (outside the body) T & epi- T are being administered

Dysun

Kinda feel like Jon Jones is coming undone right at his apex. Positive for cocaine, "watery urine" samples, T/E ratio out of whack, and Greg Savage rumors that he was pulling a Wanderlei Silva and avoiding drug tests.

liger05

Somebody posted this timeline on twitter…

“This timeline stinks to high hell:
12/4: JBJ OOC test
1/1: UFC says done with OOC testing
1/3: UFC 182
1/6: Failed JBJ OOC test results”

Haven't fighters smoked weed before a month or two before a fight and had a win taken away, bonus money taken away and then suspended?

Jones got to fight, earn a great payday issue an apology and go to rehab and everything is ok.

I remember when Dana White used to rip Boxing saying how dirty the sport was and how ufc would never be like that. Please.

Alchemy

If Jones is doing T his chicken legs sure aren't showing it.

Still gotta work out muscles even when on PEDs to see results. It does make you question the idea that all PED users look like Ubereem or Lombard (not that he got busted to my knowledge). Just sorta expect everyone on PEDs to look like a crazy super hero.

And in other leagues when caught, they're suspended or punished in some way. That didn't happen here, and that's the issue.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Haven't fighters smoked weed before a month or two before a fight and had a win taken away, bonus money taken away and then suspended?

Jones got to fight, earn a great payday issue an apology and go to rehab and everything is ok.

I remember when Dana White used to rip Boxing saying how dirty the sport was and how ufc would never be like that. Please.

Cocaine isn't a disallowed substance out of competition.

No. The guys who have had wins overturned to No Contests due to marijuana tested positive in the immediate pre and post fight tests, like Matt Riddle or Nick Diaz. Bones' positive coke test was a month before the fight. He passed the immediate post fight test.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm sure it won't happen, but imagine if Jones failed the post-fight drug test. Oh man...

Regarding his low testosterone levels: this pretty much guarantees that he is on PEDs. The results of the random drug test means that they caught him when he was cycling off of the PEDs, and his natural testosterone levels hadn't rebounded yet. No way a freak athlete in his physical prime would ever have testosterone remotely close to that low level.

What I think will be the likely scenario from now on is that the UFC/Dana White will not formally address the drug test results (or at least, downplay/avoid them), no action will be taken towards Jones (as he didn't actually fail the test), and Jones will likely lay low for the next couple of months until the media shitstorm dies down a little. I have a feeling that everything will die down in the next few months, barring Jones somehow failing his post-fight drug test.

Heel

No. The guys who have had wins overturned to No Contests due to marijuana tested positive in the immediate pre and post fight tests, like Matt Riddle or Nick Diaz. Bones' positive coke test was a month before the fight. He passed the immediate post fight test.

He could've stopped smoking the same time Jon stops doing lines off stripper tits and still failed an in-competition test, no?

Anyway, Jon's low-t is infinitely more interesting. Not that I needed the evidence.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I loved that guy that got tagged for smoking pot and Rogan was like "If he can kick ass like that while he's high we should give him a fuckin medal!"

same thing here. It's not steroids right? Who gives a shit.

Not a surprise. Bones Jones is notorious for being a partier, an adulterer, a drunk driver, and a man who loves his blow almost as much as he loves his blowies from white women who aren't his wife.

Haha, brutal.

Lets not forget that Dana knew about the test results before the DC fight. Jones also tested wonky t/e levels, which is...odd. i agree, its funny ufc boots a kid for roasting a bowl, but keeps their cash cow around after repeated issues, including this. Anyone else would be fucking axed on the spot. Though, in fairness ufc gave guilard a second chance after he cleaned up. Either way, ufc has issues. I'm getting tired of dana and how the fighters are handled. Even the ppvs have been shit for a number of years now.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I knew the coke and rehab story was a little too neat.

Lets look at the timeline here

Jones gets randomed in Dec and gets popped for steroids. Instead of a suspension and killing another main event, Dana cooks up a story and buries the evidence.

The results of Jones post fight test are not back yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom