• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 6: Cruz vs Johnson - 10.1.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Missed the earlier prelims :(, hope they show up on the main broadcast, speaking of which, any lamps? (I think since it's a free card, that's ok to ask in general...at least, I assume?)

Also, that promo for next weeks card never gets old, what a stacked event.

edit: Is the voice of this promo 'Transformers' guy??

One of the 3D channels on Comcast is about to air the K1 GP 2010 Final. I'm gonna put on the gloves and pretend I'm fighting.

AstroLad said:
this fight = counterargument to the point that mma is safer than boxing

Not really, no.

It's a valid point for Yamasaki getting reviewed as a licensed referee. You can't overcompensate because you messed up earlier at the risk of a fighter's health just to appease the crowd.

SyNapSe

tbf, Oliveira looked into it but was just sitting there and eating them. It should have been stopped but it's not like he was knocked out silly. shrug

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Impeccable said:
Not really, no.

It's a valid point for Yamasaki getting reviewed as a licensed referee. You can't overcompensate because you messed up earlier at the risk of a fighter's health just to appease the crowd.
I didn't mean it literally. Jokes, my friend. Jokes.

SyNapSe said:
tbf, Oliveira looked into it but was just sitting there and eating them. It should have been stopped but it's not like he was knocked out silly. shrug

Argument is there to stop it during the first flurry, Yamasaki almost did but thought about him and the crowd more than fighter safety.

Taking that into account the second he went limp from a headkick and swarmed again, it's time to protect the fighter, not watch him take another 10 seconds or more of punishment.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
SyNapSe said:
True, I've seen fighters sit there and take shots trying to catch a breath and explode out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom