• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal or no deal... or bad deal. We'd like a good deal. But no deal means bad deal and Corbyn wants any old deal.

Let's just return a hung parliament and have a royal rumble to decide who forms government. At least we'll have a laugh on our way to ruin.

King_Moc

Banned
Yeah, i don't think she answered anything at all? Just attacked the opposition and wheeled out whatever soundbites she could stumble into.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This is why she chickened out of the leader's debate, BTW. She is TERRIBLE under pressure. She's a mediocre Home Secretary who won the premier job because everyone else fell over at once.

and yet she may still be the best candidate out of Gove, Boris and fucking Leadsom. Jesus christ what a terrible time for politics.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That was both entertaining and deeply depressing.

Uzzy

and yet she may still be the best candidate out of Gove, Boris and fucking Leadsom. Jesus christ what a terrible time for politics.

Boris would have been funny in a tragic way. Gove would have been nuts but interesting.

This is just depressingly pathetic.

That was a disaster, the Tory campaign is imploding. It's quite amazing just last week they seemed invincible and now they seem they are very vulnerable now and the lead is starting to fall. I can see the Tory huge majority hopes vanishing by the hour.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I can see people who have just graduated or will do so in the next year or so be wholly put off by this policy.

They'd be in the worst place, financially, by both having a huge debt and having to immediately support the students right behind them through their studies via tax.

I graduate in five months and I'm all for it. Yeah it's gonna suck but it's for the greater good.
THE GREATER GOOD

I personally would have preferred Boris as PM, just to have "BORIS MEETS TRUMP" as headlines across the world, shortly followed by headlines reading "WORLD IS DOOMED".

So Crab, how well do you think your man will do?

I am sodding TERRIFIED for Farron now.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Boris would have been funny in a tragic way. Gove would have been nuts but interesting.

This is just depressingly pathetic.

Boris is far far better at selling a lie. He's rotten and racist and so arrogant that he believe all his nonsense should be heard, but he is a more flexible politician than May.

Gove is just loathsome and his teaching reforms were disastrous. However, his efforts in justice were genuinely impressive before May cut them short. People talk about a lack of talent in Labour - correctly - but the Tories are utterly wretched. I do wonder if the political inbreeding is taking a toll.

Andrew Neil will go full TERRORIST SYMPATHISER on Corbyn if his This Week shows are anything to go for. Only hope is that it's on the Friday so maybe the less viewed show.

jelly

That was a disaster, the Tory campaign is imploding. It's quite amazing just last week they seemed invincible and now they seem they are very vulnerable now and the lead is starting to fall. I can see the Tory huge majority hopes vanishing by the hour.

At a toss up, what is the safe option in people's mind considering the last week?

Labour or still Tory?

Don't think it's enough to swing it to the Labour when they hit the booths, people usually don't gamble last second so if Tory was there choice for a while they'll stick with it.

At a toss up, what is the safe option in people's mind considering the last week?

Labour or still Tory?

Don't think it's enough to swing it to the Labour when they hit the booths, people usually don't gamble last second so if Tory was there choice for a while they'll stick with it.

Tories will win of that I've no doubt but it won't be the 100 plus majority now, more than likely could be just a few seat changes and slightly increased majority, hardly the massive mandate she wanted.

when is the paxman interview

Next Monday.

Andrew Neil will go full TERRORIST SYMPATHISER on Corbyn if his This Week shows are anything to go for. Only hope is that it's on the Friday so maybe the less viewed show.

Probably. I wonder how much impact it'll have - those lines have been done to death he'll just shrug it off and it won't be a 'NEIL GOT HIM!' because it's old news as an attack line

Like... what if Corbyn can actually pull it off?

I still don't think he will, but...

Hmmm.

(He won't, but it won't be a disaster)

Pandy

You'll get the deal the EU has said from day one.
g4SPTtJ.gif

hmhm. Thing is, he should be quite used to a hostile interviewer by now, wot with the last coupla years. So there's a bit of reason to hope that he'll perform a tad better.

But then, the man does seem to have quite the talent when it comes to crushing hope.

Tories will win of that I've no doubt but it won't be the 100 plus majority now, more than likely could be just a few seat changes and slightly increased majority, hardly the massive mandate she wanted.

Yarp, but something close to the current status quo would be seen as a defeat since, well, why the fuck did we just go through allathat then?
Here's hoping that the oppo capitalizes on that

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
I think this country really needs hard and stable leadership.

And, if he does, Corbyn has two words that COMPLETELY undo it all.

Maria Gatland.

Tory councillor in Croydon.

Formerly Maria McGuire.

A member of the Provisional IRA - used to hope wounded British soldiers would be dead by the next morning, dismissed civilian casualties as a unfortunate effect of guerrilla warfare, bought replacement weapons for the IRA.

Left after Bloody Friday in 1972.

Conservatives seem to be happy to play the "terrorist sympathiser" card, but one of their councillors WAS a member.

Just watching this on iPlayer. Jesus she's terrible at interviews. I get that everyone isn't Tony Blair, but this is meant to be the figurehead of our Brexit negotiations.

Farron at an event in Vauxhall, presumingly totally unknowing of how badly that interview went, has explained that what Theresa May is heading for is a Thatcher-sized majority. But what she is actually going to become is a combination of Major and Lamont.

Can't really argue with that.

Hazzuh

I mean, that is 100% fair for Neil to do. Corbyn was obviously a terrorist sympathiser and has now decided to totally misrepresent his history with the IRA.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Fuck me May is terrible at interviews.

Like, literally making Corbyn look like a seasoned pro terrible.

You think corbyn want to give everyone everything but Lucas has a clue?

The Greens are a protest party and they make no bones about it. Labour should be a party of government and Corbyn tries to please everyone, while not focusing his fire properly.

May actually forming a decent policy, means testing for things like the winter fuel allowance and stealing the Labour policy of using assets to pay for home care and he acts like they're the worst thing ever in a blatant attempt to steal votes despite the inequality between young and old the current systems help create.

That and of course he's a Brexiteer barely in disguise and that creates a Hobsons choice of sorts. We are going to get hard Brexit or hard Brexit. Fucking yey.

NHS targets are a tick box exercise and don't reflect quality of care? What? Oh boy.

Waiting times in A&E, cancelled operation rates, infection rates, waiting time for operations, cancer survival rates, are all symptomatic of the general level of patient care.

Typical Tory, can't be trusted with the NHS.

On a lighter note, who the does May think she is? A maester of the Citadel in Old Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom