• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Neil asks her about being overconfident and coming up with a load of uncosted and half baked policies, May answers about....Brexit.

Rodelero

Neil asks her about being overconfident and coming up with a load of uncosted and half baked policies, May answers about....Brexit.

Despite which, it was a more relevant answer than the one she gave to the first two questions.

Neil straight up suggests that she should be honest over the Social Care 'U-Turn'. She says she has been honest over two other things and then goes off on a tangent.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
This is tragic. I can't remember the last time a politician got caught in a lie and just won't admit they're wrong like this.

Rodelero

This is tragic. I can't remember the last time a position got caught in a lie and just won't admit they're wrong.

It's actually hilarious that she (and whoever is advising her) doesn't realise how bad this looks. I don't think Neil is actually being strong either, she's absolutely atrocious live.

He's moved onto the 8 billion they're putting into the NHS (which is uncosted). Excellent.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Are you guys able to decipher this leaflet I got through the post today? I guess they decided not to have someone check over it before it got sent to the printers.
And to think millions of people voted for these idiots.

Politics in this country is truly buggered. May is as strong and stable as a Greek bond issue, Corbyn has good policies ruined by wanting to give everyone everything and handing the unions "their" industries back and the Lib Dems have a leader who makes paint dry watching seem like unmissable viewing.

Fuck it, I'm voting Green because I'm in a safe Tory seat anyway and Lucas is actually the only non nationalist leader who actually seems to have a clue.

Real Hero

And to think millions of people voted for these idiots.

Politics in this country is truly buggered. May is as strong and stable as a Greek bond issue, Corbyn has good policies ruined by wanting to give everyone everything and handing the unions "their" industries back and the Lib Dems have a leader who makes paint dry watching seem like unmissable viewing.

Fuck it, I'm voting Green because I'm in a safe Tory seat anyway and Lucas is actually the only non nationalist leader who actually seems to have a clue.

You think corbyn want to give everyone everything but Lucas has a clue?

Faddy

Banned
Look at our record...

Cuts to disability benefits, hospitals in crisis, social care at breaking point. The Tories are in the dock for how they have managed services.

This is why she chickened out of the leader's debate, BTW. She is TERRIBLE under pressure. She's a mediocre Home Secretary who won the premier job because everyone else fell over at once.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
She is barely even answering the questions it's just noise with a few catchphrases (which Andrew Neil is already sick of)

jelly

Look at our record...

Cuts to disability benefits, hospitals in crisis, social care at breaking point. The Tories are in the dock for how they have managed services.

It was the poor, immigrants and EU's fault. Vote Tory. People are stupid.

She's going to regret making this campaign all about her, because if she doesn't return the Conservatives to power with a decent increase in their majority, the knives will be out.

He's being very patronising with her. I like it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
"Yes, you've made that point several times, Prime Minister"

I retract anything about bias I may have insinuated about Andrew Neil.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
"We're going to consult and talk to people"

"shouldn't you have done that before you came up with the policy?"

This describes everything she does so well

This is why she chickened out of the leader's debate, BTW. She is TERRIBLE under pressure. She's a mediocre Home Secretary who won the premier job because everyone else fell over at once.

Yep. I know someone who works in law who worked with May's people on something a few years ago and said they would quite often give the impression that...basically she has trouble understanding people who aren't in her circle. A little bit of being surrounded by Yes Men etc, but also someone who seemed so mysteriously confident in their own abilities and way of thinking that they couldn't comprehend why someone might not think the same way.

Basically, no one really liked working for/with her.

The way she almost fell into the job of PM almost makes me wonder if she ever really wanted it, or if her reasoning was something as weak as "I'm a Vicar's daughter. Therefore I must be the moral compass this country needs" : /

It would be satisfying if the media started to turn on the Tories and - if they come in with a reduced majority, because there's a snowball's chance in hell they don't win - hammer home the hypocrisy of "THERESA MAY'S PARTY" etc.

Rodelero

I mean, her only pitch seems to be:

"Yes, everything I'm saying is awful or simply untrue"

"But who do you trust?"

"Me or Jeremy Corbyn?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom