• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxamin

SC4c2ER.jpg
This is definitely not backfiring

I see nothing wrong with it.

Would be a bit better phrased with "trusts the" instead of "can be trusted to unlock", which implies, along with the pic, that they need a White Savior to reach their potential.

But then, quite unlikely that most persons willing to read that far into the picture would vote tory, so whatever.

Beefy

Well, there's nothing wrong with it if you're a decent human being.

True

That's because you're (probably) not a racist white person.

I'm not even white let a lone racist 😛

Would be a bit better phrased with "trusts the" instead of "can be trusted to unlock", which implies, along with the pic, that they need a White Savior to reach their potential.

But then, quite unlikely that most persons willing to read that far into the picture would vote tory, so whatever.

I'm black and get what he is saying, that's all that matters to me. But yeah it will probably be twisted.

Rodelero

You gleaned this information based on his 20s camera time? Hmm. I don't know enough about this issue to comment, so I won't.

The guy apparently makes not far off £1,000,000 a year. He is apparently annoyed that the amount of money he spends to send his children to elite schools is going to increase somewhat. He is evidently out of touch enough that he doesn't even realise how ridiculous it was to include that complaint at the end of his question. It is hard to view him as anything other than... well... clueless, and perhaps even callous.

A small business owner trying to ask a prospective Prime Minister about his policies is fine, but all the flavour text he added in around the sides made him sound like a fool.

Oregano

Sounds like Corbyn's been watching Dragonball.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
these new polls make me even more cynical. I think they're only doing it so when May wins (but not quite as big as she maybe would've at the start) they can spin it like it's a huge upset.

NI? Thats DUP right?

DUP, Sinn Fein (who do not take their seats), SDLP, UUP and possibly Alliance.

SDLP = Labour allies
DUP = Tory allies
UUP = Less Tory allies but still Tory allies, IIRC
SF = Screw over the maths of the Commons as they don't take their seats
Alliance = Lib Dem allies

Dougald

Man it seems a long time ago we were all wondering how far into the triple digits the Tory majority would be, doesn't it?

I still suspect they'll keep a majority though

Real Hero

these new polls make me even more cynical. I think they're only doing it so when May wins (but not quite as big as she maybe would've at the start) then they can spin it like it's a huge upset.

yeah, trying make something meaningful out of something everyone expected

Moosichu

these new polls make me even more cynical. I think they're only doing it so when May wins (but not quite as big as she maybe would've at the start) they can spin it like it's a huge upset.

That would require a pretty wide conspiracy that would damage the reputation of pollsters. I doubt that is happening

All the NI parties lumped together. I think it'd only make a real difference nationally if the Tories are just a couple short of a majority, in which case they could hope to formulate an agreement with a few DUP MPs, but NI-GAF can straighten me out if I'm off the mark there.

The Tories can be short something like 13 and still form an entirely functional government - the DUP are a closely allied party and they're getting either 7 or 8 seats this time depending on if Alliance steal Belfast East.

After that it gets tough. I think the UUP are Tory-allied. That would get the number to maybe 19 short. There's an independent and possibly Alliance, neither of them would want to be in a Unionist-backed coalition.

Rodelero

This campaign is going to get very dirty. The right wing is going to go to Defcon 1 to prevent Corbyn from winning. Minority Conservative government. Theresa May might have to resign. Total bloody chaos.

Before anyone gets excited:

Tim Farron has vowed absolutely no coalitions with Corbyn or May. Not even if we get a second referendum, PR, special backrubs or Corbyn's home made jam.

However, if you want to block Brexit... you might want to vote LD now. :D

Tim Farron has vowed absolutely no coalitions with Corbyn or May. Not even if we get a second referendum, PR, special backrubs or Corbyn's home made jam.

That must have seemed like a very smart thing for him to say when it appeared there was no chance of anything other than a massive Tory majority.

twofoldd

The guy apparently makes not far off £1,000,000 a year.

Where is the proof? I read the tweet and followed the link in the tweet (https://companycheck.co.uk/director/908467388/MANEET--KAPOOR/financials) and I couldn't see anything indicating he's making that. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Edit - I think I worked it out. The guy who made the tweet added up the Net Worth of the companies to get the £915.5k figure (even though it's actually £913.5k). This is not indicative of his income at all.

Rodelero

I don't think the Liberal Democrats are likely to be large enough to realistically form part of a coalition, but to be honest, as a pragmatist, I find the idea of voting for a third party who isn't willing to govern ... challenging.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
310 CON + 9 DUP + 1 UUP is 320, against 257 LAB + 50 SNP + 3 PC + 3 SDLP +1 Green + 1 Sylvia Hermon is 315. Take out SF and the Speaker and the Lib Dems hold the balance of power; which means minority Conservative government. So I'm not too excited.

EDIT: Also for the love of god can Scottish Labour recover please!

Uzzy

310 CON + 9 DUP + 1 UUP is 320, against 257 LAB + 50 SNP + 3 PC + 3 SDLP +1 Green + 1 Sylvia Hermon is 315. Take out SF and the Speaker and the Lib Dems hold the balance of power; which means minority Conservative government. So I'm not too excited.

Lab/Con Coalition Government of National Unity incoming.

Something about this seems super off to me - I vaguely remember YouGov had a "seat sentiment" thing in 2015 and it was totally naff, had labour saving double digits in Scotland

A minority conservative government could lead to internal chaos.

May could go.

I don't think you'll hear about coalition stuff until the last minute. I just feel like it's risking votes to whatever party when you start talking about coalitions.

Despite the good news I just don't believe polling has any value as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom