• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadHand

I'm hoping these pollsters have got it really wrong with the youth and "shy tory" voters this time around.

I feel that it's more likely to have shy labour voters this time around, given the amount of personal attacks on them and the stigmatization of labour voters.

Dougald

What really sums up the Lib Dem campaign is my colleague (who has an EU national wife and is super depressed about Brexit) isn't voting for them because he doesn't believe they're a credible option any more. He should have been low hanging fruit for their campaign

Any sense of optimism in here or is it turkeys voting for Christmas again?

Also what roughly can we expect results? I checked the op and couldn't find anything.

Also what roughly can we expect results? I checked the op and couldn't find anything.

Exit polls come at 10PM. Then actual results are staggered over the constituencies, usually by like 4am I think we know most of the seats.

Here's a guide: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesball/...-on-uk-general?utm_term=.vej1b5MeY#.vbdDq9bRW

Exit Poll, 10pm. That's been accurate on percentage (though a bit iffy on seats) before, probably trustworthy.

By 1/2am, we'll know if the exit poll is "looking right". Nothing hugely significant expected - but you can start to tell trend.

3 to 6am you'll know.

Sordid

really getting nervous for how this will go down in scotland >_<

I've had almost 20 Conservative leaflets over the past fortnight. Got 3 in today, one was just a huge photoshopped image of Nicola Sturgeon with her fingers in her ears saying "THE SNP DON'T LISTEN". On the back there were just a few sentences saying the SNP are bad, vote Conservative. They're going in hard and must be spending tons of cash on it, pretty worried myself :(

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst!

Pandy

What really sums up the Lib Dem campaign is my colleague (who has an EU national wife and is super depressed about Brexit) isn't voting for them because he doesn't believe they're a credible option any more. He should have been low hanging fruit for their campaign

Dems basically at the same level as UKIP is mad

They should have offered Remainers EFTA instead of a second chance to lose a referendum.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Seat predictions
Conservative Party seats: 335
Green Party seats: 1
Labour Party seats: 236
Liberal Democrats seats: 11
Plaid Cymru seats: 2
Scottish National Party seats: 46
UK Independence Party seats: 0
Independently held seats: 1
Seats held by other parties: 18

Bonus predictions

Labour wipe-out in Scotland? No
More Conservative votes than Labour in Scotland? Yes
More Conservative seats than Labour in Wales? No
The Portillo Award goes to ... ? Nick Clegg / Angus Robertson - I think both will lose their seats, but I don't know which one Roberto would consider more impressive. I'll hedge on Clegg if I need a single choice.
First resignation of the night? Angus Robertson
How many party leaders will resign? None
Seat for Nuttall? No

Orgun

Totally unoptimistic about labours chances but hey I voted a week or so ago through a postal vote. Why don't more people do this, I've done it since I've been able to vote.

kmag

Seat predictions
Conservative Party seats: 335
Green Party seats: 1
Labour Party seats: 236
Liberal Democrats seats: 11
Plaid Cymru seats: 2
Scottish National Party seats: 46
UK Independence Party seats: 0
Independently held seats: 1
Seats held by other parties: 18

Bonus predictions

Labour wipe-out in Scotland? No
More Conservative votes than Labour in Scotland? Yes
More Conservative seats than Labour in Wales? No
The Portillo Award goes to ... ? Nick Clegg / Angus Robertson - I think both will lose their seats, but I don't know which one Roberto would consider more impressive. I'll hedge on Clegg if I need a single choice.
First resignation of the night? Angus Robertson
How many party leaders will resign? None
Seat for Nuttall? No

I've heard the SNP are reasonably confident for Robertson.

Beefy

Totally unoptimistic about labours chances but hey I voted a week or so ago through a postal vote. Why don't more people do this, I've done it since I've been able to vote.
My voting station is 5 mins walk from my place. Way easier.

DavidDesu

Never thought that guy on the BBC was going to shut up. Is there a special journalism course to spout endless bullshit while you run the clock down or something? Jesus Christ.

I'm a bit more optimistic than this time last week. Anything over 40-ish and Theresa can semi-plausibly argue that this wasn't a complete waste of time. I think she's on for around 50 on the night.

kmag

I'm a voter in Edinburgh and want to cast my vote to Jeremy Corbyn and his party. I've been told not to vote Scottish Labour and instead vote SNP. Does this sound like the right decision?

Btw, I hate the voting system here.

Are you in Edinburgh South? If not then probably. And frankly even if you're in Edinburgh South, Ian Murray is probably the single most aggressively anti-Corbyn MP in the PLP.

Are you in Edinburgh South? If not then probably. And frankly even if you're in Edinburgh South, Ian Murray is probably the single most aggressively anti-Corbyn MP in the PLP.

I'm in Midlothian, South Gyle. I find it so hard to make a decision. Half of the stuff I read online is misleading or not true, and none of the bigger news / media outlets are helping.

AHA-Lambda

I'm a voter in Edinburgh and want to cast my vote to Jeremy Corbyn and his party. I've been told not to vote Scottish Labour and instead vote SNP. Does this sound like the right decision?

Probably not, in Scotland the real fight is SNP and Tory.

Voting Labour up here won't get you very far. And yes our voting system is real shitty.

Sheentak

One positive of the Tories wining will be due to the winter fuel allowance and NHS cuts there will be less pensioners to vote for them.

I see The Sun have come up with loads of reasons why they back Theresa

Oh? No? They're going with negative on Labour? Shock

DBvv3-7XcAEWPI4.jpg

I've had a pleasant amount to drink tonight and don't want to spoil the mood.

Hey we spend the next 5 years pleasantly drunk and it won't matter the Tories are in power!

*cries*

EDIT: lol 'Puppet of Unions'. 'Oh no he's with those people who want workers rights, the bastards.'

Pandy

If you like your Labour candidate then vote for them and be content that you did what you're supposed to do, whatever the outcome.

If you like Corbyn but not the candidate, probably consider voting SNP. Again, looking at the candidate rather than the party may make you feel better/worse about going in that direction.

Anung

Un Rama

That's my dilemma. I believe in Corbyn and believe he's what's best overall but SNP is what's best for Scotland since labour up here are a total joke.

kmag

Won't have time to do a UK wide prediction but for Scotland.

All SNP bar

CONSERVATIVES: 6 seats
Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk
Dumfries and Galloway
Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale
East Renfrewshire
Perth & North Perthshire
West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine

LIB DEMS: 4 seats
East Dunbartonshire
Edinburgh West
North East Fife
Orkney & Shetland

LABOUR: 1 seat
Edinburgh South

As a Canadian who barely knows anything about UK politics except for the well-known fact that the conservatives are shitheads, could some of you brits tell me if a merger of the Labour and Liberal Democratic parties would help them counter the cons or not? Also, would such a merger be feasible to begin with?

Sanjay

I see The Sun have come up with loads of reasons why they back Theresa

Oh? No? They're going with negative on Labour? Shock

DBvv3-7XcAEWPI4.jpg

Wow is this a UK thing or does this style of trash newspaper also happen around the world like in America, France, Germany and Canada etc?

Pandy

Won't have time to do a UK wide prediction but for Scotland.

All SNP bar

CONSERVATIVES: 6 seats
Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk
Dumfries and Galloway
Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale and Tweeddale
East Renfrewshire
Perth & North Perthshire
West Aberdeenshire & Kincardine

LIB DEMS: 4 seats
East Dunbartonshire
Edinburgh West
North East Fife
Orkney & Shetland

LABOUR: 1 seat
Edinburgh South

I see what you did there.

Acorn

Well, hand delivered my postal vote today.

Labour... First in any election since 2012ish I think. I can't vote against policies I've bitched and moaned to get for half my life.

If I wasn't in Paisley I would've voted SNP to keep the tories out, but yeah Paisley.

DiGiKerot

I trust walking to the Polling Station about 10 minutes away more than I do the postal system in this country sometimes, largely.

Audioboxer

Well, hand delivered my postal vote today.

Labour... First in any election since 2012ish I think. I can't vote against policies I've bitched and moaned to get for half my life.

If I wasn't in Paisley I would've voted SNP to keep the tories out, but yeah Paisley.

Paisley is currently SNP so voting Labour seems like a tactical swing and miss to potentially let the Tories back in. Do not underestimate the amount of Labour voters in Scotland who are going to go out and vote Conservative this GE because of the Union.

If you voted against Mhairi Black I'll give you a slap too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom