• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Most of you in this thread this morning are preaching to the choir ;)

Voted at 7:06 this morning. Voted Labour for the first time in my life (usually a Lib Dem voter).

Hasney

Gone and voted. Up at 6:30am on my day off and pIssing it down and a safe Labour seat anyway, but may as well make it safer! Treating myself to a bacon sarnie and a Monster before I have to go into town anyway.

theaface

The core Tory vote hasn't really been hit by a lot of what they've been doing. The 'Dementia tax' was pretty much the only thing in the last seven years that's hit close to home for that group.

I can understand the wealthy sticking by their Tory votes, but that alone wouldn't have them sweeping to power. After all, as the narrative of this election highlights, the gap between the elite top earners and the masses is growing wider and wider. It's the working class I don't get. People continuing to vote against their own interests despite all of the facts being laid bare. I guess it must be the same old Brexit / Immigrants bullshit that the rags are feeding them.

afroguy10

Going to be voting after work, polling station is right across the road from my house. I'm in one of the safest SNP seats in Scotland which is fine by me.

Robin64

My area, Wellingborough, has been blue since the 60s with the exception in 1997/2001 where it was red for a while. In 2015, Tories got 52% of the votes, while Labour got 19.5%. Really hoping that massive gap closes a bit this year, but the signs up in peoples windows don't give me much hope.

Daffy Duck

Voted Labour.

Now to get home and have a nice cup of tea till it all blows over

To the Winchester?

yGnfGtP.jpg

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
My area, Wellingborough, has been blue since the 60s with the exception in 1997/2001 where it was red for a while. In 2015, Tories got 52% of the votes, while Labour got 19.5%. Really hoping that massive gap closes a bit this year, but the signs up in peoples windows don't give me much hope.

I'm just down the road in Northampton. Currently facing a blue majority led by Andrea Leadsom, ugh.

mo60

I just want a shocking election result tonight. I want the tories to get under 350 seats so May's tenure as tory leader is cut short a few years.

Addnan

Just voted.

According to wiki, the 66th safest Labour seat. Still had to do my bit and vote though, never miss an election.

Just went to vote and the Tory candidate for wrexham was outside the polling station. He was being really right-on and I just looked right through him. He said bye on my way out and I ignored him again. Some nurse wished him luck on my way out, what the fuck is wrong with some people. Anyway I wish i had some banter for him. I don't want to be a bitter loser today, even though that's how I feel.

Hasney

To the Winchester?

yGnfGtP.jpg

I'm just down the road in Northampton. Currently facing a blue majority led by Andrea Leadsom, ugh.

I was born in Northamptonshire and things were better under Blairs Labour and everytime I've gone back, the smaller towns are in terrible need of rennovation and the working class are much worse off. It is so frustrating to see people vote against their own interestes time and time again now.

Orbis

I just want a shocking election result tonight. I want the tories to get under 350 seats so Ma's tenure as tory leader is cut short a few years.
I get the feeling a shock in the other direction is more likely. I feel like undecided voters will go with the status quo with the weight of the media attacks on Corbyn weighing on their minds.

Off to vote now for Labour in a safe Tory seat. At the very least it shows on the national vote tally.

If there's any positive to take, we're all so convinced of a disaster that no result tonight can surprise us in a bad way.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I just want a shocking election result tonight. I want the tories to get under 350 seats so Ma's tenure as tory leader is cut short a few years.

My only concern there is that having a Tory party in disarray having literally just won a GE means things are going to be even more shit for the next 5 years.

Forget all of that "we deserve it", "it couldn't be much worse" nonsense - we don't and it could.

Oriel

Not a Britisher but I'm hoping sanity prevails and a Labour led govt gets in. Have a London based sister and encouraged her to vote Labour this morning. C'mon Brits, do the right thing.

RedShift

Results all ways tend to be shocking in ways not good for my heart: 2015, Brexit, Trump. :(

I'm desperately hoping that this time the crazy electoral electoral result no one expected will be in the direction I want. But I'm sure this will be the one recent election where everything goes as expected.

Dougald

My wife asked me this morning what she asks me every election, so I'll say it here. No, you do not need your polling card to vote (but it makes things quicker). No, you don't need ID either.

Just went to vote and the Tory candidate for wrexham was outside the polling station. He was being really right-on and I just looked right through him. He said bye on my way out and I ignored him again. Some nurse wished him luck on my way out, what the fuck is wrong with some people. Anyway I wish i had some banter for him. I don't want to be a bitter loser today, even though that's how I feel.

Ignoring the tellers is my favourite pasttime

If someone actually doorstepped me and I promised them my vote I'd give them my polling card, but otherwise, jog on

#VOTETORY

I knew it!

CCS

Banned
I was reminded this morning of the Yes, Minister summary of who reads which newspapers. It's funny how nothing's really changed in the decades since.

The Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country.
The Guardian is read by the people who think they ought to run the country.
The Times is read by the people who do run the country.
The Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
The Star is run by people who think the country should be run by another country.
The Telegraph is run by people who think is already is.
And Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I was reminded this morning of the Yes, Minister summary of who reads which newspapers. It's funny how nothing's really changed in the decades since.

The Mirror is read by the people who think they run the country.
The Guardian is read by the people who think they ought to run the country.
The Times is read by the people who do run the country.
The Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
The Star is run by people who think the country should be run by another country.
The Telegraph is run by people who think is already is.
And Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

Classic.

robo

Only one in my polling station at 8, two more turned up as I was leaving.

Voted indie as my Labour mp is useless and needs to retire!

DiGiKerot

Got to the polling station at opening in order to get it out the way with (though I'm normally out the door heading to work by 7 anyway, so no biggie).

Voted like the horrific lefty I am. I'm in what was a pretty safe Labour seat last time around (50%-ish of the vote), but no being complacent here.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Voted Conservative.

That's my tenth General Election done.

Nice to see so many people out on the street early in the morning, I always find that heartwarming on an election day.

My hairdresser was spouting Tory propaganda last night. Kept my mouth shut so I wouldn't end up with a bowl cut.

Does he think they're his mates...?

Will vote Labour straight after work, don't know how anybody with a social conscience can do otherwise.

CCS

Banned
Voted Conservative.

That's my tenth General Election done.

Nice to see so many people out on the street early in the morning, I always find that heartwarming on an election day.

No last minute Lib Dem vote? I'm disappointed ;)

I love the Lib Dems for their optimism if nothing else, saw a bunch of "Lib Dems winning here" signs on my way to vote, in a seat they don't have a hope in hell in.

CCS

Banned
Also, I was entertaining myself on the train this morning trying to imagine what policies a hypothetical Tory/Green coalition would pursue.

Hasney

My hairdresser was spouting Tory propaganda last night. Kept my mouth shut so I wouldn't end up with a bowl cut.

Does he think they're his mates...?

Will vote Labour straight after work, don't know how anybody with a social conscience can do otherwise.

I'm sure you protected your centre parting
;)

CCS

Banned
My fiancée started the campaign a Tory, then supported Labour, was going to vote Lib Dem and is now casting her ballot for the Greens. Still not entirely sure how any of it happened :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom