• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Get out and vote people.

I don't care what colour you support, of you don't vote, you lose your political voice, so get that cross marked people.

Expecting a majority of 30-50 for May and the Tories but hoping for a hung parliament.

Uzzy

Walking to the polling station now. Have faith comrades, we seize the memes of production today.

It's gonna hurt tonight.

Syder

We're going to condemn our country to 5 more years of tough regression today.

When the exit polls come in, it's going to be a tough pill to swallow.

I'm not sure the alcohol I've bought for tonight is strong enough.

GO FUCKING VOTE!

Pandy

Today's the day everyone.

Get out and vote or you lose your right to bitch about the state of the country for the next few years.

liquidtmd

Banned
Me just walking into Polling Station to queue

giphy.gif

CS_Dan

Got my postal vote in nearly 2 weeks ago, am currently on holiday in Thailand.
Should be able to watch the final result when we wake up tomorrow morning....

Not hopeful.

StayDead

Please people. Please go out and vote tactically to get rid of the Tories somehow.

They're putting my Mum's health and home at risk by cutting the NHS and her disability benefits. I'm begging you to do anything but vote Tories. I know I shouldn't tell anyone else who to vote, but there are people dying or becoming increasingly ill due to all the cuts that they're making to the NHS and the police cuts have genuinly made the country a less safe place to live in. The police confirmed that the Tories (a party constantly going on about security) have been lying about Police/Crime numbers to make it seem better than it is.

TeddyBoy

The EU referendum has really killed me politically, I remember reading so much beforehand about how it'll swing to Remain on the day and how people would have nothing to fear. Then the results came in and the shitshow that occurred afterwards.

Now I just feel numb for this election, I'll go to vote later knowing full well the Tories will do well and this county will condemn itself to another five years of their rule.

I just want this over.

Dougald

I shall be voting later this morning. I'm under no illusions that it'll matter in this safe seat, or that the national result will be any different, but I'll be making my mark all the same.

7 years under a Tory government, one that brought us austerity and Brexit, and people will jump at the chance to do it all over again.

I'll vote, I'll always vote, but I'll never understand why anyone who is working class would vote for the Tories.

Soul_Pie

Don't forget to drag your mates to the booths if they're on the fence about voting. Tempt them with a pint or 5 down the pub afterwards.

Good luck to the UK, hope it goes well for you.

Pixieking

Banned
Should May win, can any lessons be learned from Trump's unexpected win, in terms of protesting? Wiki says that the Washington D.C. Women's March alone was larger than anything since the anti-Vietnam War protests, and the continual refrain of #resist has helped stall (if not completely kill) things like the new healthcare bill.

I mean, I totally understand how difficult it is to protest in the UK, and how apathetic people are, but saying "another 5 years" (as many people are doing) is as defeatist as Americans shrugging and saying "Oh, well, we'll just ignore Trump for the next 4 years". May/Leavers continually use the refrain of "the will of the people" - in the US, Trump and the Republicans can't really do that, with the approval/disapproval ratings and protests.

Ashes

Banned
Just voted Lib Dem. In carshalton so every vote here counts[

Crickey that's close. 1600 in it. Lib Dems over Tory.

Plus third and fourth are equal, Labour and UKIP respectfully. Tories will pick up the UKIP 7000. Let's hope Labour voters vote tactically.

Shaneus

7 years under a Tory government, one that brought us austerity and Brexit, and people will jump at the chance to do it all over again.

I'll vote, I'll always vote, but I'll never understand why anyone who is working class would vote for the Tories.
It's because it's the older people who think all the bad things that happen couldn't possibly happen to them. Perhaps they don't realise that when people talk about targeting the working class it must be those other people, not themselves who are quite above that class of citizens.

My theory, anyway. Happens here in Australia, too :/

CCS

Banned
Off to vote. Still haven't decided between Lib Dems and Labour. Not that it makes a bloody difference here in Kent.

TrutaS

Go out and vote people, but especially if you are not siding with the tories. As a EU citizen living in Scotland I can't vote sadly, though I pay taxes and contribute as much as any other. Oh well.

Off to vote. Still haven't decided between Lib Dems and Labour. Not that it makes a bloody difference here in Kent.

there's a website that tells you what the best party to vote for in terms of chances per region, someone linked it to me in this thread, so its around some place.

OT: Just voted, did my part I suppose.

Chinner

Banned
Regardless of the weather please vote you lazy shits. Otherwise you're enticing 5 years of economic failure for 1 evening of comfort.

StylusX

Crickey that's close. 1600 in it. Lib Dems over Tory.

Plus third and fourth are equal, Labour and UKIP respectfully. Tories will pick up the UKIP 7000. Let's hope Labour voters vote tactically.

Yep, I'm one Lab voter making sure the Tories don't get in!

Just voted. Probably a wasted vote in North Devon voting for Labour but I can't bring myself to vote for lib dems.

Was strange being my first time voting and I'm 26 lol.

Glad I've got tomorrow off as I think I'll need a drink tonight and/or tomorrow.

sammex

I postal voted Labour here in Plymouth last week. Lucky to be living in a marginal seat for once so I hope it helps flip back to red.

Happy voting everyone.

so before the london attacks labour was clearly gaining support. after it it seems the tories have gained and labour have stalled a bit... why? mays record on police cuts and her reaction to rip human rights to fight terror should be alarming for everybody.. did she gain support because of that?

I was waiting outside my polling station at 6.55am this morning waiting to gain 'Citizen' achievement.

Rock the vote people. Vote for whoever you want, just make sure it's a vote cast for the right reasons.

Even if you don't want to vote, can't you just spare 5 minutes of your day doodling a spunking cock over a ballot paper?

Just voted.

A pointless vote where I am since I live in a Tory stronghold, but I needed to in principle.
It's never pointless. Lots of other people in your area will be doing the same thing, so at the very least it sends the message that the conservatives are losing support in your area even if they haven't quite lost the majority of it.

Just voted. Probably a wasted vote in North Devon voting for Labour but I can't bring myself to vote for lib dems.

Was strange being my first time voting and I'm 26 lol.

Glad I've got tomorrow off as I think I'll need a drink tonight and/or tomorrow.
Good job! Shame you didn't vote in the referendum - you might not get a more important vote opportunity in your life. But at least you get to help shape who's in power to deal with Brexit =)

CCS

Banned
there's a website that tells you what the best party to vote for in terms of chances per region, someone linked it to me in this thread, so its around some place.

OT: Just voted, did my part I suppose.

Cheers guys, sadly Sevenoaks is the deepest of deep blue.

Voted Lib Dem in the end. I don't mind Labour's policies, but there's not a single Corbynista in the party competent enough to win an election.

Plus I'm still hacked off over Brexit.

theaface

Voted earlier for Labour in a rock-solid safe Tory seat. Oh well. If nothing else, my conscience is clear and "I told you so" can be my mantra for the next 5 years.

I'm not sure what anyone saw in the last 7 years of Conservative rule that caused them to say "more of the same, please" but, like Brexit, I guess they'll get what they asked for.

Voted earlier for Labour in a rock-solid safe Tory seat. Oh well. If nothing else, my conscience is clear and "I told you so" can be my mantra for the next 5 years.

I'm not sure what anyone saw in the last 7 years of Conservative rule that caused them to say "more of the same, please" but, like Brexit, I guess they'll get what they asked for.

The core Tory vote hasn't really been hit by a lot of what they've been doing. The 'Dementia tax' was pretty much the only thing in the last seven years that's hit close to home for that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom