• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

OMFG>

TORIES 314.
LABOUR 266 + LDs 16 + SNP 34 =.......... 316

You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn’t get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16… Labour 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Cirion

Banned
When both sides are backing Brexit, "possibly aavert disaster via compromise" is a good thing yes.

Going full remain would have been political suicide for Labour, as significant parts of their voter base want to leave. They probably pulled leavers from the Tories that now think that they can't handle the Brexit properly, among other things. Corbyn himself clearly would prefer remain. This is just a liberal purity test.

TAD

If this is true then May has got to be done as leader of the Conservatives right?
Same reason Cameron though Brexit would be a good idea, they're out of touch with what people really want and they're also too cocky for their own good. Was not happy that Brexit backfired but this election might at least be a bright spot.

PJV3

I don't know how to handle better than expected news, I'm not going to watch the results and go to sleep on a positive note for a change.

Real Hero

Even if the exit poll is out 10-20 seats and the Tories do get a majority, this would be simply embarrassing as it was a huge waste of time and would be transparently political opportunism.
Yeah feels like a victory even if they do manage to just get one

spuckthew

I was too lazy to buy my holiday money last week when I had the day off.
Serves me right.

Those graphs are hilarious because they make things look waaaaaaay worse than they actually are. Revolut was giving me $645 for £500 earlier and now it's giving me $637...Hardly worth crying about (yet). Saying that, I'm gonna buy some travel now just in case.

Also will admit, even if Tories win this one, Corbyn's likely done far better than many gave him credit for. I know I had doubts about his ability to gain anything this election.

AHA-Lambda

Audioboxer are you okay? I mean this must suck to you but LOOK AT THE HOPE FOR THE REST

giphy.gif

UK GAF, Plaid Cymru is more leaning towards the left, correct? So they could be a backup for a Labour+LD+SNP coalition along with the Greens, right? What about Sinn Fein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom