• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

slider

Sorry mate. Yep I mis-typed and added up. EQUAL.

I secretly gave two more for Huw for his engagement with Crab.

Ha, I had to check my working four times. Yep, four times for such a simple sum.

Love you Huw! Me and my wife voted LD as it goes. Saw a neighbour at the polling station (who was following the Tactical 2017 advice to vote Labour) and we both agreed we didn't want the Conservatives although that's what we expected. Surprised for where I am (Hammond's our MP).

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
What election food does everyone have?

I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

NwqsK.jpg

dEpTnL0.jpg

In the past 25 years, the largest party’s total has never been wrong by more than 15 seats in the exit poll.

Theresa May is overdone toast.

Farage has never been an MP.

Douglas Carswell defected from the Tories at a by-election and just scraped in at a GE.
You're right - I was thinking of Carswell, ta!

Tbh, my expectations have been for labour to rise and provide competition! I won't be upset if they lose overall. As long as these set of results illustrate that May's vision is incorrect and force her out then that is half a win!

DavidDesu

Hung parliament, potential for coalition of the good guys... WHUT!? Please may it be true. May should be done for regardless. Absolutely fucked it if this is remotely close to the result.

Wow.

Please please please..

I think the papers blew it for May, the filth over the last two days backfired, social media was full of anti Sun and Mail sentiment. Looks like a great result for Labour, I don't mind the SNP losing some seats as long as it doesn't keep Tories in a majority.

CTLance

Wow. Nicely done, my dear Brits.

Although... SNP got obliterated if it stays like this. A pity, I kinda like them, even if their non-stop drive for independence is dangerous. SNP were the only ones who kept a clear head when Brexit happened, at least that's my view from the outside.

A hung parliament would be a thing of beauty. Amazeballs.
May would get sent to the recycling plant so fast, she wouldn't even be able to utter another "strong and stable". Tories got depantsed in public, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Finally: Huw. I know you're happy. But please. Please, don't die of alcohol poisoning and/or picking a fight with someone bigger than you. You've got aso much to live for, it's useless to throw it all away in one exhilarating night of sex, drugs, and Farron worship.

kmag

My SLAB pal. It's better up here for SLAB,, but he doubts the SNP have lost that many. They're thinking closer to 16.

gngf123

I'm honestly taking this as a win. Looking at the exit poll history, the worst realistic case is 336 seats for the conservative party. Almost no increase over what they had.

Cirion

Banned
UK GAF, Plaid Cymru is more leaning towards the left, correct? So they could be a backup for a Labour+LD+SNP coalition along with the Greens, right?

Even if they manage an official coalition, that would be a highly unpredictable, volatile and unstable coalition. Even more so when Labour goes minority government. With this hung parliaments, fringe parties like Plaid Cymru, even if their politics are nice in theory, would have unprecented power over the government.

Confused-American here. Everyone on my Twitter is freaking out that the Conservatives won but everyone in this thread seems really happy. Can someone explain?

I'm absolutely knackered but the last two times I went to sleep during big elections Trump became President of USA and we left the European Union.

I'm too scared to go to sleep.

mo60

I had a feeling since this election started that the snap election would backfire on the tories, but I never expected it to backfire this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom