• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Anything less than 40 for the SNP and Sturgeon might have to resign. Which would be a big loss for us so I hope the Unionists will be happy if they let 10~15 Tories in up here.

Mimosa97

I love the BBC but this is boring as hell. Where the party at BritishGaf ?

As a french dude I was rooting for labour (even though I'm not a big fan of Jezza) but eh Charizard not getting a majority would be a victory.

Uzzy

This exit poll can't be true. No, I won't believe it.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Lo-Volt

It's actually really shocking that all the big parties are going deep into each other's territory based on these poll results. Labour losses in Wales after they did better in opinion polls late in the campaign? The Conservatives blowing it in a England when on balance they've been gaining ground as New Labour receded? The SNP losing seats with big previous leads in 2015? (Has the desire for independence become brittle in the last few years?)

Morat

Banned
Soooo...
Things UK politicians in high positions should not do:
* approach married or underage pigs without a supervisor present
* go near magnets
* bet on anything at all
* start wars because they're best buddies with some imbecile

Can't wait for the papers. You guys have such a colourful and biased press, that's gonna be a treat.

citizen-Kane_fraud-at-polls.jpg

Daffy Duck

It goes to show how utterly insane the claims of Jeremy Corbyn being "weak" are. Strong and stable leadership from the Conservatives? Two disgraced leaders in a year says otherwise. On the other side, Jeremy Corbyn has endured two leadership challenges and the most sustained media smear campaigns in recent memory and is stronger than ever.

I love the BBC but this is boring as hell. Where the party at BritishGaf ?

As a french dude I was rooting for labour (even though I'm not a big fan of Jezza) but eh Charizard not getting a majority would be a victory.

In British election nights, you don't arrive at a party, you make one!

In all honesty outside of social media this is very much a tedious affair.

slider

Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that Lynton Crosby has fucked up for the third time in a row: Australia GE, London Mayor, and now this. Might be seeing the back of him soon. It's all looking quite reminiscent of the last Australian election (incumbent government lost seats when calling election to gain a stronger majority).

Bringing them down from the inside? Maybe Crosby is an anarchist??

I think the SNP will be fine if they keep above 40 at least, if they get above 45, then definitely shouldn't be a big deal. 2015 was always the insane exception, was never going to be the norm.

Soooo...
Things UK politicians in high positions should not do:
* approach married or underage pigs without a supervisor present
* go near magnets
* bet on anything at all
* start wars because they're best buddies with some imbecile

Can't wait for the papers. You guys have such a colourful and biased press, that's gonna be a treat.

Press is being generous. It's borderline, If not already, propaganda.

The SNP losing seats with big previous leads in 2015? (Has the desire for independence become brittle in the last few years?)

Anecdotal evidence I know, but from what I know some SNP voters have reverted back to Labour because of Corbyn, and some have lost interest in the SNP after Brexit because they don't like their pro-EU views.

avaya

Realistically this means another election in 6 months unless the 76 marginals which are too tight all end up Tory....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom