• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK price cuts.. PS2 £104 (official).. Xbox £99?.. Gamecube?..

http://www.mcvuk.com

I know this may be old. I am officially interested in a new PS2. Maybe an Xboxen as well. Hard drives and the internet rule. What's this mean for cube? £75 with game(s)? Less for standalone!?

Mind bogglingly good value on Xbox, and PS2 reaching a reasonable price point at last.

Thom

wazoo

AniHawk said:
Maybe they could lower the prices of the games. Everything in Europe sounds so damned expensive.

GC games are not more expensive than ps2 games. Why would you lower it ?

On the other side, they should push their Player choice line up.

I think they need a cut in the UK really. £75-79 would be ideal. Or a bundle that equates to that value. 1/2 game packin at £99 for example. Good games though, not Star Wars Bounty Hunter.

You can't sell Gamecubes at the same price as Xbox. They can't sell them well at £30 less. Besides, 70 odd quid is about $99.. which they've been at in the US for ages.

Thom

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
radioheadrule83 said:
I think they need a cut in the UK really. £75-79 would be ideal. Or a bundle that equates to that value. 1/2 game packin at £99 for example. Good games though, not Star Wars Bounty Hunter.

You can't sell Gamecubes at the same price as Xbox. They can't sell them well at £30 less. Besides, 70 odd quid is about $99.. which they've been at in the US for ages.

Thom

Its already only £79.99 with 2 (crap) game £100 bundles...

Link316

Banned
the GC doesn't need a price cut, being the cheapest has never given it an edge because its main problem is content

Top Bottom