• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Kentpaul actually does love life, but whenever I hear people saying 'I love life' it always sounds like a cry for death. ""I love life", he said, crying into his Tesco ready meal, as it fell off his lap and landing at the foot of his moth-bitten sofa"

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm sure Kentpaul actually does love life, but whenever I hear people saying 'I love life' it always sounds like a cry for death. ""I love life", he said, crying into his Tesco ready meal, as it fell off his lap and landing at the foot of his moth-bitten sofa"

LOL TESCO FOOD

iv got 400 quid to blow in the next few days.

I FEEL FUCKING GOOD BRO!

:)

also im nearing getting drunk so another reason why i love life, or perhaps the 2 grams of grass i have next to me!

LOVE = I LOVE IT :)

I hate Westminster. Charging me £1 per day! Motorbike paking is supposed to be free grr.

Oh, and I hate Centrale too. Parking at Centrale used to be great. £1 for one hour and I rarely take more than an hour for my shopping. Now I have to pay £2... but I love those Pretzels up there.

Take that back. Westminster is Bestminster.

FreeMufasa

CroydonGAF here. I drive through Sutton almost every day, looks nice...

Cool. I've worked a few jobs in the Whitgift Centre and go there time to time to do shopping and see friends.

I remember being young and they'd talk about Croydon like it was a mythical place where you'd be shot, stabbed and raped upon entry lol.

Does anyone go up to Wimbledon to watch Tennis in the summer?

Kentpaul

TAXI WILL BE HERE IN 20 MINUTES AND IM STILL SITTING IN MY RELAXING AROUND THE HOUSE SHORTS

LOL

!

i best be getting ready

SPEAKING OF TESCO FOOD

1NJtTl.jpg

Buy 1 (£2.50) get 2 free. Well yes I suppose I must

Kentpaul

Hookers and blow.

the misses doesn't like me taking drugs.

id get a gram of MKAT, 2 X pills and a 2 GRAM OF CHARLEY otherwise.

i'm aloud weed though so i buy that shit weekly since i started smoking again

Kentpaul

just ironed my shirt 10 minutes before the cab is due

FRIDAY NIGHT UP THE TOWN INBOUND

TCRS

Banned
I remember being young and they'd talk about Croydon like it was a mythical place where you'd be shot, stabbed and raped upon entry lol.

Haha, it was pretty bad until ~2009, but it has calmed down (well, we had the riots but that was a one-off event.. I hope).

Kentpaul

MKAT, feels like snorting a broken windae up yer beek.

it does that then a minute later life is slow mo matrix style

LOVLY DRUG.

fucking love the stuff, one night i was trying to keep it on the downlow from the misses and paid a dude 10 quid for a line instead of buying a gram, i snorted like half a grams worth in one line and WAM BAM!!!

nightclub had stairs from the toilets to the dancefloor.. by the time i walked up the stairs i was fucking ZONED i was seeing shit how it was

GIRLFRIEND SLAPPED MY FUCKING FACE AND I GOT CHUCKED THE FUCK OUT

spent the next 5 hours snorting MKAT/COKE walking around town speaking/using with our CLUB CASUALTIES

Only lager I've got at home is Carling :/ Don't know when I got this shit, it's absolutely shit but better than having to go to the store.

it does that then a minute later life is slow mo matrix style

LOVLY DRUG.

fucking love the stuff, one night i was trying to keep it on the downlow from the misses and paid a dude 10 quid for a line instead of buying a gram, i snorted like half a grams worth in one line and WAM BAM!!!

nightclub had stairs from the toilets to the dancefloor.. by the time i walked up the stairs i was fucking ZONED i was seeing shit how it was

GIRLFRIEND SLAPPED MY FUCKING FACE AND I GOT CHUCKED THE FUCK OUT

spent the next 5 hours snorting MKAT/COKE walking around town speaking/using with our CLUB CASUALTIES

I don't usually like it, makes me talk absolute pish.

Some of the best nights of my life have been spent in The Arches in Glasgow pilled oot ma nut. Amazin

Kentpaul

I don't usually like it, makes me talk absolute pish.

Some of the best nights of my life have been spent in The Arches in Glasgow pilled oot ma nut. Amazin

glasgow man lol the only place i get in is savoy lol never used in glasgow. i only use in falkirk for some reason.

fucking storm ftw

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What's the point of getting on the dancefloor if you're not even in a proper state to dance? You're not going to get far if you can't even do an eight step count.

Realised I hadn't filled in the form in the OP. Really liking this UK-GAF thread now.

Where do you live: London (Westminster)
Where are you from: Born in Singapore, Father is Indian, Mother is English.
University: University of Exeter (BA Econ and Fin) and Princeton (MFin)
Sports team of choice: Arsenal, England Cricket, Mclaren F1.
Current political party of choice: No real affiliation, voted Lib Dem last election, kinda regret it now.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Sherlock
Oasis or Blur: Eh, don't really care

Meadows

Banned
ugh warm beer

I tried to like it, and have bought ales/micro brews etc from loads of pubs but it just isn't for me. I like my drinks either cold or hot.

Kentpaul

ipa beer is horrible.. In Wetherspoons right now just got 4 drinks for 8 quid lol (Guinness,Strongbow, long vodka and a buffalo trade with cola (bourbon) love this pub

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since you're talking about alcoholic beverages, I'm currently drinking an Asahi. I'm fully aware that drinking a Japanese beer while sporting an anime avatar makes me sound like a dodgy Japanophiile, but I like the taste.

Meadows

Banned
Since you're talking about alcoholic beverages, I'm currently drinking an Asahi. I'm fully aware that drinking a Japanese beer while sporting an anime avatar makes me sound like a dodgy Japanophiile, but I like the taste.

I fucking murder Asahi when I'm in Taiwan. 38NTD (80p) a can from the 7/11 which is open 24/7.

Ice cold.

In 35C heat.

All over my face.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Think I'm gonna have to pop round to waitrose now and pick up some real beers. Tesco has the usual supermarket selection of some decent ales but I fancy something more... special.

SmokyDave

Think I'm gonna have to pop round to waitrose now and pick up some real beers. Tesco has the usual supermarket selection of some decent ales but I fancy something more... special.

I'm hammering the Cusqueña since they're 25% off at Sainsbury's (4x33cl for £3:16). Like a good prostitute, they're cheap and tasty.

Shiloa

Advertising and Marketing.
You'll enjoy it. It's a bit shit, but if you get the right lecturers then the academic side won't be too bad. Hopefully they pay attention to some of my recommendations by next year (I'm a Student Rep for Marketing).

Nightlife isn't bad in Lincoln, it's small but that is a good thing I think for students, as many are going out properly for the first time.

Gonky

Neo Member
what's gob mean? throw up?

where I'm from it means kiss

Yeah it means spit. Generic Tesco employee looked very miserable while cleaning it up. Must have been quite demoralising as a bunch of girls that were buying cheap beer at the same time and giggling at him, the poor shit.

Most of my teen years were spent in Newport. Mainly the Legendery TJ's. Occasionally Le Pub, Riverside, what used the be Annabelles. Also used to hang out at the castle on sunny Saturday afternoons.

So I'm just over half way through a bottle of red wine watching Russell Howard. Good times.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm hammering the Cusqueña since they're 25% off at Sainsbury's (4x33cl for £3:16). Like a good prostitute, they're cheap and tasty.

My plan totally fell apart, the Waitrose is only small so the selection was shite, ended up going to tesco, buying 3 litres of cheap dry cider. I plan to get happy with the housemates tonight.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Just had to catch up, I just had a Crabbies and have a few bottles of Moretti in the fridge and a half full bottle of Laphroaig on the shelf. Let's continue.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Most of my teen years were spent in Newport. Mainly the Legendery TJ's. Occasionally Le Pub, Riverside, what used the be Annabelles. Also used to hang out at the castle on sunny Saturday afternoons.

Pretty well the opposite for me. Born in Newport (St Woolos Hospital), left aged about a week and I don't think I have ever been back voluntarily.

YES

I went to Nandos and Pizza Express with her back in summer, was nice. Haven't really seen her since though.

MY GOD WHO ARE YOU

From the replies, looks like I temporarily broke the thread. I went to primary school with her, but don't see her much anymore, only through a friend I have who knows her pretty well now. Surprised by the number of Sutton peoples up in here, gonna have to hunt you all down.

Arnie

I'm slogging a six pack of buds, they were on offer at my local rythm & booze. It's my usual tactic the night before a big game, gets me sleeping soundly rather than waiting anxiously.

Flicking through spotify, love random playlists that remind you of songs you'd long forgotten.

Go_Ly_Dow

Where do you live: Cambridge
Where are you from: Cambridge
University: Hopefully Lincoln
Sports team of choice: Manchester United!
Current political party of choice: Undecided
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun
Favourite (current) UK TV show: None, it's all terrible atm
Oasis or Blur: Neither

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom