• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Retailer GAME is dead | Brera's Lament

Status
Not open for further replies.
pLHrx.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
It has actually calmed down now it seems. Although that open was terrible. Maybe it will level out over the course of the day?

It can't get much more terrible really. The shares are now effectively worthless, currently at 0.5p, a company value of £2.6m.

Frankly, it's now a case of when GAME call it really.

To Brera: I'm not entirely without sympathy to you, I can see where you were coming from, but the risk of bottom feeding shares is clear. Where there is smoke, there is fire and while sometimes shares are unfairly discounted (Banking shares at the moment are carrying the burden of the entire Eurozone crisis) in cases like this, there is good reason for the lack of confidence in GAME Groups equity.

Better luck next time!

When this is all over I will tell you about the day a colleague and I provided consultancy services for Game on digital and internet expansion. My earlier posts about Game's lack of digital strategy didn't come from nowhere. Until Game are declared bankrupt I can't talk about or I will be in breach of confidentiality clauses, but once they are gone, those clauses are also done.

Brera

Banned
fuck man!! short term trading you could make a killing? just bounced 35% in seconds?

i could put my rpg grinding skills to work on this shit?

I've added £50 to my shares account.

Next time it goes down to .5pish...I'm gonna stick another 50 in! will get me another 8000 shares! I'll take the gamble!

Think I'm going to dress like someone fro Fallout and raid the GAMES where I live today. I hope they appreciate the effort and the little hint of artistic irony.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's been like watching someone who can't swim flap around, you know them drowning is inevitable.

(GAME that is, not Brera).

It looks like we've settled at around 1p for the rest of the day. Unless we get news that either the company is being sold (unlikely) or that the management have done a deal with the creditors and suppliers to write off around £100m worth of debt and trade credit it is likely that the stock will remain in the 1p territory until the administrator is called in.

A truly stunning recovery of the share price there. from half a penny to.... a penny.

Also zomg I've always wondered this? Who decides the share price? Does someone just sit at a computer all day and change it? I DON'T UNDERSTAND. How does it change from minute to minute like that?

Brera

Banned
Ok guys.

I'm in at 1.09.

Fucked off that I missed .5p but this will have to do. GAME have 2 weeks, the share price going up even 2p will make me some mullah.

It's like Deal or no Deal when they reject a good offer and then open all the red boxes and feel they should stick it out to the end, finally leaving with 1p.

Or 0.5p

Brera

Banned
A truly stunning recovery of the share price there. from half a penny to.... a penny.

Also zomg I've always wondered this? Who decides the share price? Does someone just sit at a computer all day and change it? I DON'T UNDERSTAND. How does it change from minute to minute like that?

I think it's the price that the last deal went for.

Every time the price changes, it's a buy or a sell?

Supply and demand. If demand is good the price goes up, if it is poor the price goes down. That is basically how it works.

Think about it like an auction. If an item goes up for sale and there are a large number of interested people, the bidding will be fierce and the end price will be high (share price goes up). If an item goes up for sale and there are only a few interested parties then the auctioneer will keep cutting the price to get more people interested in bidding (share price goes down).

Brera

Banned
On a £50 stake you would have made £8. How much commission does your broker charge? surely more than the profits?

That's what I thought.

My £500 is worth £70, so fuck it, I'll stick another £50 in and see what happens.

I'm gambling on a HMV style save. They were at 1.something p one minute and ended the day 800% up!

Fingers, toes, penis crossed! I'll either rise to the heavens or fall to hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom