• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
(assuming boosts stack, not multiply)
Vergil lvl 3 x-factor + Devil Trigger: 195% damage, 140% speed
Firebrand lvl 3 x-factor + Luminous: 155% damage 170% speed(highest speed boost in the game)
Wesker lvl 4 x-factor: 180% damage, 140% speed
Ryu lvl3 + Denjin: 185% damage, 130% speed

Look out for some crazy combos. Strider gets 145% speed in lvl 3 which is pretty nuts.

Rummy Bunnz said:
That Nemesis guide by Jago is really well done. Though I think they goofed on the combo notation at the end. Still, really informative and fun to watch.

Does anyone know the link where I can watch these tutorials by Jago and Yipes. i went to fingercramps website and I can't find it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
Firebrand lvl 3 x-factor + Luminous: 155% damage 170% speed(highest speed boost in the game)

LOL That's fucking uncontrollable for the most part engine isn't ment for that much speed. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LULZ

Teknoman

Kadey said:
I'm guessing Live GAF is working still?

Im not going to be on till later tonight myself (thanksgiving shopping and all that).

Shouldnt Jill and Shuma be open from the start in Ultimate, regardless of past dlc?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
If anyone from scrub360 GAF wants to play, I'm on. Full list here:

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
Bark252 - Bark252
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
robot - pepperjack
d0c_zaius - d0c z5000
Smo21 - The Smo Show
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
Giard - LeGiard
akilshohen - Akilla05
Toski - Outlaw Viper
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
RS4 - dokterrhouse
Stabby McSter - OGK stersauce
shaowebb - Dynasty Penguin
Lyte Edge - lyte edge
Ken - Chocopolka
Mupod - Mupod
Bookey - Therealbookey
Anth0ny - fps anth
IntelliHeath - IntelliHeath
koryuken - Koryuken
dankir - D O N K E R
Timedog - TimedogGAF
GhostRidah - ghostridah012
ultim8p00 - D3vinchi
Sir Garbageman - Sir Garbageman
Clipse - JKL329
MrMephistoX - MrMephistoX
Iron E Man - ra1d3nmgs
Dirtdog07 - Sox Fan
SnakeSlashRO - MakaveliAkerele
jobber - jobber4wcw
Red Arremer - AuT pBo Arremer

h3ro said:
I believe it's the Vanilla costume pack. About to get started now, I'll update once I find out for sure.
Wait, really?

I bought the Vanilla costume pack before starting the game. Oh well, at least that money was free. LOL.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Doom is so easy mode now!

Foot Dive S + st.H + Level 3

Throw in an X-Factor into that combo and it's insta-death.

Awesome, he'll make a fun third character to spam his assist and now I have a really easy high mode damage option that doesn't require anything!

shaowebb

Guys get Hawkeye's ending. Its awesome. It has Red Earth cast, Jin Saotome, Moon Knight and a bunch of other stuff. I think its from Plasma Sword or Battle Circuit. Soooooo good.

Also Chun Li is fucking awesome now. Her plus Dr. Strange Bolts of Balthaak (double beam) equates to a free dash in go behind and her standard double jump combo can now end in the OTG. Thing is in the corner its hard to link...actually its hard to convert to very much period so on the way down call your assist of choice as you go into it to hold them in place. Dormington blackhole is great with it because it pretty much gives you the option to loop the whole combo again for the meter and damage or to just go straight into her lvl 3 for the kill.

Chun Li with one lockdown beam + one combo extension move that holds them in place equals a SOLID and harsh match versus her. Get Hype. Chun is viable.

UMVC3 guide is SOO GOOOOOD

Frame data on all the jumps and dashes AGAGAGGAHSGGHSJHKDS

Still, I've found some mistakes already. They forgot to include doom missiles in the OTG assist section, and there's some contradicting info in the x-factor section.

QisTopTier said:
LOL That's fucking uncontrollable for the most part engine isn't ment for that much speed. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LULZ

Shoutouts to 5 frame heavy attacks.

Of course, if the game multiplies the x-factor by the power up, it's over 180%. Actually not much of a difference in frame data, 5 frames either way.

Adam Prime said:
Doom is so easy mode now!

Foot Dive S + st.H + Level 3

Throw in an X-Factor into that combo and it's insta-death.

Awesome, he'll make a fun third character to spam his assist and now I have a really easy high mode damage option that doesn't require anything!
I might have to learn Doom.

Don't block low against Doom when he is above ur head :)

Played a couple hours of Ranked matches. Seems like everybody is using Vergil, lol. His jumping S causes ground bounce too, its nasty like dooms. His moves all seem to have high prority and huge hitboxes.

Nert

Spectator mode seems to run very smoothly, and a random player match that I tried out earlier also ran well. Thanks for the invite to the scrub PSN lobby, btw :D

Kyoufu

The only character I know more than one combo with is Vergil. I think every other character is just too fucking complex. ESPECIALLY Wesker holy shit. I am not destined to play as Wesker ever.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Don't block low against Doom when he is above ur head :)

Played a couple hours of Ranked matches. Seems like everybody is using Vergil, lol. His jumping causes ground bounce too, its nasty like dooms. His moves all seem to have high prority and huge hitboxes.
The one attack that always confuses me with virgil is the one where he runs to the other side of the screen, then you see the effects of his sword.....I always think it hits low.

Neki

the tron drill nerf hurts so much. you can't raw launch after a drill half way through a combo. so stupid. why are they nerfing tron, a low tier char. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kyoufu said:
The only character I know more than one combo with is Vergil. I think every other character is just too fucking complex. ESPECIALLY Wesker holy shit. I am not destined to play as Wesker ever.
LOL hold on... LOL wait waht LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Seth Killian wasn't lying, Phoenix Wright's Break the Witness assist is so fucking good. I've had it walk right through team hyper combos and interrupt everyone. It's HILARIOUS.

Kyoufu said:
I thought this about Wesker for the longest time in vanilla, but he's finally starting to click with me. Wesker is one of the kings of easymode combos. For some reason it just looks hard.

crouching B, standing C, launcher, BBCS, land and shoot them off the ground with the gun, then push both assist buttons to cancel into your team hyper. Sure, he's got fancier shit, but that will get you pretty far by itself.

I mean shit, that combo doesn't even have a single quarter circle motion in it.

Tguy said:
The one attack that always confuses me with virgil is the one where he runs to the other side of the screen, then you see the effects of his sword.....I always think it hits low.

I have a hard time blocking vergil right now overall. I'm not used to his animations yet :(

Kyoufu

Parallax Scroll said:
I thought this about Wesker for the longest time in vanilla, but he's finally starting to click with me. Wesker is one of the kings of easymode combos. For some reason it just looks hard.

crouching B, standing C, launcher, BBCS, land and shoot them off the ground with the gun, then push both assist buttons to cancel into your team hyper. Sure, he's got fancier shit, but that will get you pretty far by itself.

I will try that, thanks.

Maybe I should just stick to easier combos instead of the shit at the end of challenge mode. Those combos I just can't pull off with a controller lol.

Degen

Professor Beef said:
Doom needs to be toned the fuck down. Every single time he hits me, I just put the controller down.
I don't know what you're talking about FOOT FOOT DIVE he's not even all that FOOT FOOT DIVE

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I have a hard time blocking vergil right now overall. I'm not used to his animations yet :(
I've been playing pretty much all day so I'm a bit used to vergil now or at the very least, I don't feel for that teleport crap, but with dante and wesker I still do :lol

Kyoufu said:
I will try that, thanks.

Maybe I should just stick to easier combos instead of the shit at the end of challenge mode. Those combos I just can't pull off with a controller lol.
After I get to a certain point in the mission lists my brains shatters trying to comprehend the information I have to take in to pull off the combos, I'll at least die happy knowing a managed to do all of Hulk's missions in the original version even if that's because they were probably the easiest and then there's the fact that I never actually use him.
And the PS3 controller is an unpredictable device at times on top of that.

Teknoman

Yeah that way she'll get people from her tag + GAF on the big list, and have a decent rotation.

EDIT: Had no idea beacons were set up on xbox.com now. I'll add those to any game i'll jump in for invites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom