• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
God I keep getting my ass kicked online. At least this time it's a nice, smooth ass kicking instead of the lag filled one I normally received in the original MvC3!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
In other X-23 news, her comic just got cancelled because Marvel's CEO follows the Ebenezr Scrooge School of Strategy. Recently anything that's not a huge seller like Avengers, X-Men or Spider-Man risks cancellation. With X-23's standalone gone, Marvel currently has no book that focuses on a female main character. That's right, ghost of DR2K past! Unless you count the current Ghost Rider run which no one reads.

Excellent article about the guy running Marvel and how dreadful that workplace sounds at the moment: http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/10/2...ate-is-coming-from-inside-the-house-of-ideas/

Clipse said:
So, has anyone received their Amazon/BB codes yet?

Was just about to ask this. I've not.

Also bummed my lame as fuck Arthur/Sentinel/Doom team isn't killing day 1 like it did last time. My scrubby ass probably won't get 5 ranked wins in a row, lol.

Anth0ny

just finished my econ midterm

probably got a 60 something

BUT I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

MY MIND IS CLEAR

MAHHHHVELLLLL BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Dartastic

Mupod said:
I know, right? What's with that mcdonalds crap

Also they really need to make Gone Guru play at Frank level 5.
Seriously. They should be giving me free 360 costume packs just for posting crappy ass burgers like that. Disgusting.

lol food elites.

Well, as long as you accept KFC as your lord and savior and denounce lesser chicken spots, just like Popeyes. Going to Popeyes must be just like posting scans in a Mahvel thread.

h3ro

spindashing said:
lol food elites.

Well, as long as you accept KFC as your lord and savior and denounce lesser chicken spots, just like Popeyes. Going to Popeyes must be just like posting scans in a Mahvel thread.

c'mon son
OBjDJ.gif

Teknoman

spindashing said:
lol food elites.

Popeyes? Lesser?

Nori Chan

spindashing said:
lol food elites.

dat double down son!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I really like Frank, but I don't think I'd be able to string long enough combos to get him to at least level 4. Frank seems like an "advanced" character.

dankir

It's on like fucking Megatron!?@?@!?

IMG_6300.jpg

Canadian Gaffers I have another Ultimate Bible coming in this week. First person to PM me I'll sell it for 15bucks and I'll cover the shipping.

Hit me up!

h3ro

Stream running great for me Kadey.

Dankir, is that a 360 Hitbox? I didn't know they started making them for 360 yet, thought they were still trying to catch up to PC/PS3 orders. How do you like it?!

Nose Master

Haggar's 10th is the worst. I've gotten the L grab a handful of times, and always make it to the last or so step, then just do something stupid, like mmh instead of hs.

Fuck you amazon, canceled my order since they still havent shipped my copy yet. So I just went out and picked up a copy at gamespot. Even got this badass marvel shirt at target too.

p1010920w.jpg

Give me a day or two and I'll be on that PSN srcubGaf. If anyone doesnt mind send me an invite to the chat/ PSN id is TheMadnessBeast.

dankir

h3ro said:
Stream running great for me Kadey.

Dankir, is that a 360 Hitbox? I didn't know they started making them for 360 yet, thought they were still trying to catch up to PC/PS3 orders. How do you like it?!

Nope its a dual mod. I love it.

Vergil is surprisingly clunky to play as, it doesn't feel smooth at all compared to Dante. Still, his summoned sword combos are fun as fuck.

new Captain america reset: combo into stars and stripes, air x-factor, double jump, air throw, otg shield slash, hyper

AWW YEAH

Phoenix Wright is really fun, but only after he gets the evidence. Godlike keepaway.

Rocket Raccoon isn't that fun. Kinda weird.

So far the characters that are the most fun to play:

Magneto
Nemesis
Firebrand
Dormammu
Strider

Dartastic

spindashing said:
Haters.

Respect.

My PS3 copy's supposed to drop by today. Hasn't come yet. I need my Mahvel...
I propose a ft5. Board gets to pick what characters are most KFC, and which characters are the most Popeyes. I rep team Popeyes. Loser has to take a pic eating the winners choice of chicken and post it. LET'S GO.

Played some local multiplayer earlier against my old foe of many years who kicks my ass in every fighting game ever, I never achieved my grand mission of hitting Phoenix Wright's level 3, I just can't work the "objection" in effectively and if I do i'll slip up in overconfident joy and get destroyed, ah well maybe next time. Great fun though, collecting the evidence is more oddly enjoyable than I expected, it's like a game within itself.

Neki

after playing some Tron, most of her easy bnbs are gone mid screen. though I don't really feel this beacon bomb nerf, I can still do beacon bomb - > king servbot - > lunch rush, yay.

Dartastic said:
I propose a ft5. Board gets to pick what characters are most KFC, and which characters are the most Popeyes. I rep team Popeyes. Loser has to take a pic eating the winners choice of chicken and post it. LET'S GO.
Alright. I'm game. In the immortal words of The Rock: Just bring iiiit, bitch!

#TeamKFC
#TheColonelIsAlwaysRight

h3ro

zoner said:
Seems like Vergil's the new 'everybody plays' based on the streams I've been watching
I'm actually really excited to try out Dante now. I had trouble executing most of his double motion moves so his new control scheme should make it easier for me.

EYEL1NER

I didn't know Best Buy emailed codes out. I have my email address on file with them, but I assumed that because I ordered in-store, that I would get the code on the receipt or something upon pick-up. Not the case.
So I've got my Femme Fatale pack, but not whatever the Amazon pack was called and not the Villain Pack.

Will start playing later tonight, probably early into the morning, but I feel terrible right now. Hours spent driving to Best Buy and back have left me feeling overheated and with a headache. Might be a bit dehydrated, but I already bought some Monster Rehabs for tonight. I think it would be a better idea to sub in some water...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
h3ro said:
I'm actually really excited to try out Dante now. I had trouble executing most of his double motion moves so his new control scheme should make it easier for me.
I had the same problem and it is much, much easier. Only real drawback of him so far is the knockback after H.

Tucah

you speak so well
If anyone wants to get a PSN group going, I'd like to play with some of you guys. I'm awful so don't expect any real competition, plus I'm mainly just fooling around with the new characters at the moment. Still, if someone wants to get a lobby going (I'd also love to see some of you guys play and test out the new spectator mode), just add/invite me on PSN - nick's tucah, just like here.

Aesthet1c

devastatorprime said:
Fuck you amazon, canceled my order since they still havent shipped my copy yet. So I just went out and picked up a copy at gamespot. Even got this badass marvel shirt at target too.

p1010920w.jpg

Give me a day or two and I'll be on that PSN srcubGaf. If anyone doesnt mind send me an invite to the chat/ PSN id is TheMadnessBeast.
:brofist I have that shirt lol!

Only 1 more hour of work until I can get my Mahvel on!! Ughhhhh this wait is killing me!

Lord Phol

I'm pretty meh at fighting games, but for some odd reason I've been following this game like a hawk. So after watching streams and reading all the hype-threads I've decided to give fighting games another shot!

Oh and out of curiosity, are there any eurogaffers playing this? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom