• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I really hate the mashing supers thing, the hardest I can mash is only like half of what the super can potentially do? Fuck that, I'm using turbo >__>

Kyoufu

Twisted-Gamer said:
We will fight it out tonight good sir! I will have my revenge! - RuinerPrime

You had your revenge when you decimated my Vergil and then the rest of my team. :(

I didn't even get to do anything!

MrMephistoX

Decided to go with PS3 as my base and return my unopened 360 copy...so that means I have a spare Outfit code from Amazon...I'd be willing to trade for any of the other costume packs on PS3 (ie Fem Fatale) if you say wanted to sell this on ebay or happened to double dip like me. PM if interested.

MechaX

Welp. Despite insane pressure from both Skyward Sword and Skyrim as my November title, I went against the odds and picked this game up instead.

GAF, I hope your happy. *Goes off to learn Phoenix Wright*

So, last night I did something I never got around to doing in vanilla - I learned to combo off air throws. That is gonna make a huge difference in my game.

IntelliHeath said:
They should have list of all characters mashing hypers so I can have easy time to track which hypers that need to be mash.
They're still putting that guide together, so there's always the possibility that the data isn't all 100% accurate yet. Just something to keep in mind till the guide goes public.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
We just released out UMVC3 guide today, and while its a work in progress at this point we do plan on updating it weekly now that the game is out. Currently working with Brokentier to add in some awesome stuff in the following months so keep an eye on it. :)

http://iplaywinner.com/umvc3

Also, if you guys see any corrections to be made or want to contribute in anyway just hit the tips email at the top of the page there.

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
So, last night I did something I never got around to doing in vanilla - I learned to combo off air throws. That is gonna make a huge difference in my game.
nova is #1 at comboing off air throws. he can do it full screen away, and in corners.

nova for top tier.

McNum

Parallax Scroll said:
Those videos are nice, but I'd like a quick-reference list of what is/isn't mashable as well. Hopefully the SRK guide includes that.
If I know SRK right, we'll get a command list per character with some sort of symbol next to a mashable hyper. Some need button mashing, some needs stick spinning. I'm thinking there will be an icon for each. Seems like what they'd do.

MiniBossBattle said:
Man, Storm looks great in this game.

I'm loving her right now. She's mad fun to play. I wanna try to combine her with viper. viper/storm/??. seismo and whirlwind assists right now. Not sure who to put there.

Goddamn Zero's self-OTG relaunch is nice. You've got plenty of time to charge the buster back up to level 3 and do a second self-OTG, although hitstun scaling is pretty high by then.

I had high hopes of using Phoenix Wright but Im having a hard time getting the hang of him. Gathering evidence is proving to be a pain as well since my defense is ass. Im not so sure now if he will have a spot on my team. Im liking Frank West alot though and may end up using him for my main team. As it stands right now, only Dorm and Trish are still locks. Anyone have any good picks to compliment those 2? Preferably from the new cast.

I have a feeling its gonna take me a long time to get the hang of things again, much like vanilla.

haunts said:
We just released out UMVC3 guide today, and while its a work in progress at this point we do plan on updating it weekly now that the game is out. Currently working with Brokentier to add in some awesome stuff in the following months so keep an eye on it. :)

Also, if you guys see any corrections to be made or want to contribute in anyway just hit the tips email at the top of the page there.
Good shit haunts.

Any idea when Frame trap is coming back?

haunts said:

Reading through the team building guide now. Godlike stuff Haunts.
All you guys' hard work for the community is much appreciated.

biosnake20 said:
Pr Rog says in the srk podcast that he thinks thinks wolverine is still top 3 in umvc3.
i dunno bout that but definitely still top 10. i'm guessing that pr rog's basing it solely on wolvies ability to tod kill incoming characters, which the nerfs didn't really affect him too much in this regard. but getting that initial kill and if the opponent manages to escape the initial incoming mixup, he has a harder time to get in without the huge hitbox, without the invincibility, and without the meter to spam beserker charge 5 times in one match.

i think when people start learning how to air x-factor upon coming in to help block the incoming character mixup potential wolvie has, he won't seem as bad. just like when people started to learn how to x-factor his dive kicks.

Any tips on how not to suck?

I'm currently using the SFIV fightpad and that's not helping so far, so I went back to the reg ps3 pad and now I'm back to just mashing.

I got a shiity fightstick but have no clue how to use it.

Man...it's like I never left lol.

Still I want to get at least mediocre at this game. Got the guide (I'm a whore for guides man) and plan on pouring over that and getting in the lab this time around.

But first I need to find a damn team...the only guy I'm half decent with is SSJ Ryu but even then I just spam the kamehameha wave until two characters are dead(works everytime...yeeeah).

I know I need a good main and anchor but can't seem to find one that I know wtf I'm doing with.

Still having a lot of fun so far even though I'm getting lit up like a Christmas tree online(gonna stay off of that for a bit)

Knux-Future said:
Any tips on how not to suck?

I'm currently using the SFIV fightpad and that's not helping so far, so I went back to the reg ps3 pad and now I'm back to just mashing.

I got a shiity fightstick but have no clue how to use it.

Man...it's like I never left lol.

Still I want to get at least mediocre at this game. Got the guide (I'm a whore for guides man) and plan on pouring over that and getting in the lab this time around.

But first I need to find a damn team...the only guy I'm half decent with is SSJ Ryu but even then I just spam the kamehameha wave until two characters are dead(works everytime...yeeeah).

I know I need a good main and anchor but can't seem to find one that I know wtf I'm doing with.

Still having a lot of fun so far even though I'm getting lit up like a Christmas tree online(gonna stay off of that for a bit)
You could watch videos and streams of top players (like WNF tonight) until you see someonthing that makes you go "oh shit that's cool," and then pick that character.

Pretty much what I did with Zero.

Parallax Scroll said:
You could watch videos and streams of top players (like WNF tonight) until you see someonthing that makes you go "oh shit that's cool," and then pick that character.

Pretty much what I did with Zero.

Lol..I have been trying.

I at least now know about OTG's...can't pull them off for shit but I now know why I'm getting my shit pushed in by Wesker's fucking gun assist.

:(

(also thinking about picking up Zero. Stayed away from him in Vanilla due to percieved difficulty...fuck that shit this time. gonna be a man.)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Knux-Future said:
Well if Ryu is on point you need an assist to keep the opponent down. In vanilla I used Akuma. When you want to approach call the assist then do j. H xx Tatsu L. The j. H is there as an option select in case people try and grab you out the air.

Uhh learn combos and stuff. Learn how to combo off the donkey kick in the corner (think it can be done mid screen now with denjin mode/ better dash)

Chuck plasma.

Edit- Oh yeah if you do just end up throwing out full screen supers at least try and catch an assist with it.

try using trish. she has good mobility combined with good buttons (dive kick, slide, etc), as well as projectiles and traps for screen control. her simple combos still do respectable damage.

sentinel is good too for similar reasons.

other than those 2, its hard to recommend a character without knowing what kind of playstyle you like.

if you really want to stick with zero, you need to get used to charging your buster.

oh and from the new character roster, hawkeye is very solid choice.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
Good shit haunts.

Any idea when Frame trap is coming back?

We're working on some stuff behind the scenes. It will be back, just hang tight. I wanted to do a show this week actually but I decided to use this as an opportunity to improve it. Thats all I can say for now. :)

djplaeskool said:
Reading through the team building guide now. Godlike stuff Haunts.
All you guys' hard work for the community is much appreciated.

That article was done by Karsticle here on GAF so be sure to thank him. I am going to announce it officially once I get screenshots and video together for it.

rexor0717

zlatko said:
I forgot what I did earlier today, but I was able to get Frank from level 1 to 4 in one combo without any meter.

Is that old info by now to do that I don't need to make a video of it for people?
My team is Frank/Dr.Doom/Skrull and it can get him to level 4 in one meterless combo, but with assists. I really want to find a lvl5 combo, but I cant seem to get down his air tools of survival loop.

Knux-Future said:
Lol..I have been trying.

I at least now know about OTG's...can't pull them off for shit but I now know why I'm getting my shit pushed in by Wesker's fucking gun assist.

:(

(also thinking about picking up Zero. Stayed away from him in Vanilla due to percieved difficulty...fuck that shit this time. gonna be a man.)
The awesome thing about Zero if you're a new player is you can do solid combos without needing any quarter circle or dragon punch motions (except for doing a super at the end). I had terrible execution on a stick when I started using him, and it didn't matter. That, and his normals are hella safe, so you can just spam ABC f+C on the ground. If it hits, launch them. If they block, no biggie. :D

This video is for vanilla, so not all the stuff later on is still applicable. But it should help get you hype for Zero combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_eBK9ZGUg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
haunts said:

Isnt the servbot helmet super for Frank a level 3 move, not a level 2?

Degen

Nemesis might be my new favorite character to use. His tentacle normals are hilariously good.

Mine doesn't do Hulk/Sentinel's combo damage yet, but he's getting closer to it with every hour spent in the lab. Haven't gotten to try combining a wall bounce combo with OTG assists yet so he might already be there. Can't wait lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom