• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

lol at the Nuke going off when Beard loses to Q after getting Wesker inside using X-factor to run it back on 2 of Q's characters. Death by Chaos Dimension and Kadey Nukes.

Giard said:
Oh god I suck so much.
If there's anything less than scrub, I'm that.
I felt like that yesterday, then I found out about using the custom ranked match to find people the same rank as me. I wound up going on a 5 game win-streak when I got home earlier.

On another note, is there any way Wesker avoids the nerf-hammer coming his way?

What is recommended as Firebrands best assist for a zoning team? I keep using Demon Missile M, it seems to push the opponent right back out. Anyone else?

shaowebb said:
lol at the Nuke going off when Beard loses to Q after getting Wesker inside using X-factor to run it back on 2 of Q's characters. Death by Chaos Dimension and Kadey Nukes.
That was glorious haha

God's Beard said:
Kadey played a black and white video clip of a nuke going off with a huge smoke cloud when you got "blown up".

Everyone here talking about how much better everything online is, and here I am, having the opposite experience with the exception of not getting kicked back to the main menu =|

I blame stores here not getting the game until next week, therefore only few people close to me actually have the game >__>

Xevren

A Human Becoming said:
Scrub 360 lobby going. Send ICallItFutile a message to be invited.

I didn't know it was a scrub lobby, he just sorta sent me an invite. Hope you guys have fun!

I reaaaaaally like Rocket Raccoon with Hawkeye.

Gonna run team everybodyelseisdoingitsoimmadoittoo

Dante/Vergil/Strider...kinda generic but Vergil's shenanigans and Strider being awesome won me a match.

Probably will drop Dante but he's pretty good too...although one false move and he always gets blown up...lol.

Gonna get in the lab big time tomorrow and figure things out.

PSN being down allows me to not say YEAH IM READY and then proceed to get my ass handed to me.

That and perhaps the so called "these guys are on your level" dude will actual rank up and leave me alone for a bit(Seriously a beginner just damn near perfected me..shit was crazy.)

d0c_zaius

Parallax Scroll said:
i think the problem is that you are using arthur

:(

I tried Hawkeye OTG assist as well but I'm not really feeling his normals that much.

I'll have to play you later tonight to see how bad my arthur is.

corrosivefrost said:
I think the general rule of thumb is to call it before you start your input for the OTG move -- basically, tap it sometime after the move you use to bring them to the ground, I think. Mission mode, in the middle to late stages, will give you a better idea of when to call things like that.

In general, hit the assist button sometime before your OTG input to adjust for the assist startup window.

Great I'll pay more attention to the timing based on what you said. Thanks!

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
wtf connection lost
Oh Good. I thought you rage quit or something.

Looks like you got some execution, but from what I can see you REALLY need to practice setups more than combos Beard. You can't get anything started in your matches outside the lab because they know what the cast can do on their own out there and simply block/punish you to death. Your assists are almost entirely driven for combo extension right now on that team you've ran for 4 matches straight. Just drop Nemesis till you've trained him and play someone that'll actually compliment your other two in ways that'll provide you openings. Your combos will get smaller but at least you'll be able to land them.

zzzzzzzz Nemesis assist is there for Magneto to create openings, he doesn't need help getting in.

You're making a lot of assumptions when I said it's just a random team I threw together and neither practiced or thought about it. The reason I have trouble moving about is because my internet is really bad and drops simple things like tridashes(and matches!). I can barely even watch spectator mode(my internet dropped that too once). It's like running at half speed and for some reason I can't even jump between taskmaster arrows half the time.

I have other teams, but I need to work on them, and my vanilla team(Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix) doesn't work anymore. So I was just playing with you guys for fun. There's no point in critiquing my team. Everything I play will look like shit when I have to double tap to get normals to come out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Quoted as the hottest up and coming Marvel stream on the streets. On the front page of Twitch. GAF, we're in there!

Knux-Future said:
Gonna run team everybodyelseisdoingitsoimmadoittoo

Dante/Vergil/Strider...kinda generic but Vergil's shenanigans and Strider being awesome won me a match.

Probably will drop Dante but he's pretty good too...although one false move and he always gets blown up...lol.

This seems all sorts of wrong to me. Dante has the most health out of any of those 3.

I thought about running this team, but it just didn't seem viable Dante could be upfront to build meter for Vergil, but Strider can be meter hungry. I've since postulated moving Strider to a team with Doom/Wesker possibly and figuring out someone else to help out the twins.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what the hecks? This is out!?

I'm... so out of the loop.
No one to play with here, and a crappy net connection. Might just wait til I have a Vita and see what people's impressions are of that version.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'm never going to get good at this game.

However, I'm still going to enjoy the shit outta myself.

OH YEAH. GETTIN PULVERIZED, AND STILL HAVIN FUN!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Extollere said:
I'm never going to get good at this game.

However, I'm still going to enjoy the shit outta myself.

OH YEAH. GETTIN PULVERIZED, AND STILL HAVIN FUN!

iknowhowthatfeelbro.jpg

Scrub lobby is still going, very well too. We don't just have one guy annihilating everyone. :p

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
zzzzzzzz Nemesis assist is there for Magneto to create openings, he doesn't need help getting in.

You're making a lot of assumptions when I said it's just a random team I threw together and neither practiced or thought about it. The reason I have trouble moving about is because my internet is really bad and drops simple things like tridashes(and matches!). I can barely even watch spectator mode(my internet dropped that too once). It's like running at half speed and for some reason I can't even jump between taskmaster arrows half the time.

I have other teams, but I need to work on them, and my vanilla team(Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix) doesn't work anymore. So I was just playing with you guys for fun. There's no point in critiquing my team. Everything I play will look like shit when I have to double tap to get normals to come out.

I'm making assumptions? You never opened him up with Nemesis trying to aid Magneto and you never even attempted Tri-dashes for any to drop. I'm critiquing you off what worked and what didn't out there. You couldn't open them up and Nemesis was only benefitting you to extend Wesker combos.

Sleep through it if you want, but I'm telling you that you're not opening them up.
I feel for you on the connection though, but geez man you need to stop getting sore when folks try to give you advise. You're not infallible. I'm not infallible. No one is. Just take the critique for what it is. Me telling you what failed and what worked. If you prove me wrong then cool, but for now you need to try something else because that stuff aint working out there. I know what youre saying is true on paper but you didn't pull off any of it and it didn't happen that way in the matches so maybe you should practice something else.

I'm out to go watch ponies and enjoy some feelings of friendship.

shaowebb said:
I'm making assumptions? You never opened him up with Nemesis trying to aid Magneto and you never even attempted Tri-dashes for any to drop. I'm critiquing you off what worked and what didn't out there. You couldn't open them up and Nemesis was only benefitting you to extend Wesker combos.

Sleep through it if you want, but I'm telling you that you're not opening them up.
I feel for you on the connection though, but geez man you need to stop getting sore when folks try to give you advise. You're not infallible. I'm not infallible. No one is. Just take the critique for what it is. Me telling you what failed and what worked. If you prove me wrong then cool, but for now you need to try something else because that stuff aint working out there. I know what youre saying is true on paper but you didn't pull off any of it and it didn't happen that way in the matches so maybe you should practice something else.

I'm out to go watch ponies and enjoy some feelings of friendship.
I'm saying I don't tri jump because when I hit jump it takes half a second for me to get off the ground. My loop was dropping because by the time magneto hit the first jH, he was too high in the air.

In this last match, I was getting hit low when i wasn't pushing buttons. Literally one hand on down back. I would do command grab and get stand H. I know perfectly well what I'm not doing. The only reason I'm even playing online is because Kadey is talking shit again.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I swear, it's infuriating trying to do a QCF and getting a DP motion instead. Happens way too often in Marvel, never happened to me in SSFIV.

Hey, any of y'all who added me from the PS3 scrub list who need an invite to scrub chat:

Please send me a PM here on GAF or a message on PS3 so I know to do so and can hook you up accordingly. :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
corrosivefrost said:
Hey, any of y'all who added me from the PS3 scrub list who need an invite to scrub chat:

Please send me a PM here on GAF or a message on PS3 so I know to do so and can hook you up accordingly. :)

Do you still have room on your friends list? I really want to get in on the ScrubGAF chat.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Going to keep the 360 scrub lobby going, but I'll be sitting out until everyone is gone. I've had my fill of getting my ass kicked for one night. If you want to join I'll keep checking my messages on xbox.com.

Seraphis Cain said:
Do you still have room on your friends list? I really want to get in on the ScrubGAF chat.

I think so -- try adding me; just mention the scrubchat in the msg so i remember to immediately invite you to it. :)

When I sign on in the next hour or so, I'll get that invite hooked up for you.

Ok this is getting stupid, I can't block anything and lag spikes makes characters practically invisible. I'm only playing one more, my internet is so ass.

Currently rolling Nova/Taskmaster/Frank West. Been figuring out quick and dirty ways to lvl up frank. Debating if blowing X-Factor early for lvl 5 Frank would be worth it. Enjoying the game so far though. Going to be tough juggling this and KOFXIII.

Kyoufu said:
Netcode is good enough to play against NA players from the UK and still have a relatively smooth game.

It's definitely way better than vanilla.

Thanks. I'll resubscribe my xbox live...in a few days - still want to do some more training mode stuff before I hop on. I'm glad it's better than vanilla. I live in Vegas so I shoudl get decent connection with west coast players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom