• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor210

Ghost Rider vs. Haggar:

Ghost Rider: "BURN!" *summons flame spike*
Haggar: -_-

Really liking Ghost Rider, except I haven't quite gotten used to his normals.

ApolloJoh

kevo_huevo said:
edit: damnit amazon!

Shouldn't worry too much. Got my code this morning.

Pretty much don't use any of the characters for it so if anyone wants to trade a GS/Best Buy code for it, just PM me.

OSHAN said:
Waiting on Best Buy here as well. Have you pre-ordered anything from them with DLC bonus before? Wasn't sure how long they normally take.
I got my Gears 3 pre-order code a little after midnight on launch day. This one seems to be a little bit more of an issue though.

They posted on their forums that people who pre-ordered should get their codes today regardless if they purchased online or in-store. There was heavy confusion on whether the codes were supposed to be printed on the receipts or emailed.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Grifter said:
Thanks, I noticed this on a friends' copies of MvC3 and SF4 as well, is this a common occurrence in cross-platformers or just Capcom?

I've double-dipped on just about every fighting game released this gen. Obvious better-online on XBL over PSN aside, most of the time the games are essentially the same on both platforms. MvC3 and UMvC3 is where this has been the most-noticeable.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
okay, im need some BNB combos for spidey, its cool that i can finally web throw then max spider (though you gotta be fast, and sometimes it doesnt freakin work, i have to rely on the tigerupeercut motion), but his OTG stinks.....seriously, if i got the guy on the corner, its harder for me to hit him OTG with webzip.

Also, his launcher doesnt inch forward anymore, sometimes when I roundhouse, then laucnh, after a spider-sting, its misses now.....

The good thing i like new about spidey, is that his Hyper combo on the ground, while mashing hits a lot lol.

galvatron

Nakazato said:
dose strider have and otg ? trying to get someway to otg with him into his lvl1

Btw Hawkeye is amazing
One of the mission mode combos uses the charge back, forward + S bomb to get the OTG.

Ra1den

I gotta say the netcode is pretty damn good, at least so far. When you get a 5 bar connection in Fight Request mode( and most so far have been 5 bars), I've found it to be smooth.

OSHAN

striKeVillain! said:
I got my Gears 3 pre-order code a little after midnight on launch day. This one seems to be a little bit more of an issue though.

They posted on their forums that people who pre-ordered should get their codes today regardless if they purchased online or in-store. There was heavy confusion on whether the codes were supposed to be printed on the receipts or emailed.

Excellent. Thanks for the information.

Got the game 4 days urly thanks to Shopto. Anybody else from EuroGAF luck out and up for some matches on 360?

So far I'm rocking Hawkeye/Ghost Rider/Wesker and the team's seeming pretty strong. Ghost's ability to hit 750 damage combos from the opposite end of the screen with 1 meter is ludicrous.

i think im going to try out vergil tonight in mission mode and training. do you guys think nova/vergil/spencer would work? or vergil/hawkeye/spencer?

So whats everyone ranked record so far? I got an amazing 0-10 lol

I got my amazon code this morning and i got the gamestop code off of ebay this morning for 10 bucks.

Theres no bestbuy codes up on ebay, so i guess they havnt been givin out yet?

kingslunk

kevo_huevo said:
i think im going to try out vergil tonight in mission mode and training. do you guys think nova/vergil/spencer would work? or vergil/hawkeye/spencer?

Vergil's normals are completely unsafe, you need an assist to make him safe so hawkeye would be a better team for him.

Twisted-Gamer said:
So whats everyone ranked record so far? I got an amazing 0-10 lol

I got my amazon code this morning and i got the gamestop code off of ebay this morning for 10 bucks.

Theres no bestbuy codes up on ebay, so i guess they havnt been givin out yet?

2-0. Only lost 1 character in both matches lol.

Jesus, like 30 pages over the last few days. I don't have time to read it all - did I miss anything important? :-/

Day one of online I caused 3 ragequits and got a hatemail - yay! I made it to 9th Lord last night, off to a good start (22-3 I think?).

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
The lack of replays and the awful UI are inexcusable. I really wish Capcom would outsource most of the non-battle system elements to Western developers. It's pretty clear that their internal teams just don't get it.

LordAlu

Sign me up!

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
akilshohen - Akilla05
Anth0ny - fps anth
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
Bark252 - Bark252
Bookey - Therealbookey
Clipse - JKL329
d0c_zaius - d0c z5000
dankir - D O N K E R
Dirtdog07 - Sox Fan
Fatal X Fate - Papercuts
GhostRidah - ghostridah012
Giard - LeGiard
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
h3ro - munkeyhero
IntelliHeath - IntelliHeath
Iron E Man - ra1d3nmgs
jobber - jobber4wcw
Ken - Chocopolka
koryuken - Koryuken
LordAlu - LordAlu
Lyte Edge - lyte edge
MrMephistoX - MrMephistoX
Mupod - Mupod
NightmareTrigger - Vanish Trigger
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
Red Arremer - AuT pBo Arremer
robot - pepperjack
RS4 - dokterrhouse
shaowebb - Dynasty Penguin
Sir Garbageman - Sir Garbageman
SnakeSlashRO - MakaveliAkerele
Stabby McSter - OGK stersauce
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
ThirtyPlus - ThirtyPlus
Timedog - TimedogGAF
Toski - Outlaw Viper
ultim8p00 - D3vinchi

kingslunk said:
Vergil's normals are completely unsafe, you need an assist to make him safe so hawkeye would be a better team for him.

thanks. triple arrow, poison arrow, or scattershot?

sorry, i dont have the guide yet to truly test things out.

Neki

Karsticles said:
Jesus, like 30 pages over the last few days. I don't have time to read it all - did I miss anything important? :-/

Day one of online I caused 3 ragequits and got a hatemail - yay! I made it to 9th Lord last night, off to a good start (22-3 I think?).

tron jumping H is useless in all senses now.

and why can Vergil teleport behind and in front of you. at least Dante always appears above you, my god.

Karsticles said:

How are those crippling Dormammu nerfs treating you?

N4Us

Man, I don't mind the healthbars layout but where the assists are fucks with my head. Assist 1 below me and assist 2 above? I just don't get it.

Skilletor

N4Us said:
Man, I don't mind the healthbars layout but where the assists are fucks with my head. Assist 1 below me and assist 2 above? I just don't get it.

Yeah, this is the single stupidest thing about the UI or any UI. It's not intuitive at all. It is taking a lot of getting used to.

God's Beard said:
How are those crippling Dormammu nerfs treating you?
What do you mean? Dormammu is much, much stronger in this game.

Ultimoo said:
tron jumping H is useless in all senses now.

and why can Vergil teleport behind and in front of you. at least Dante always appears above you, my god.
I hate Vergil more than Wesker and Dante. -_-

Ditto.

MechaX

Hm. I did not know this game was just $40 bucks. That's cheaper than KOF XIII and it wouldn't absolutely destroy my life amidst final exam period like Skyward Sword or Skyrim would. Plus, it has Phoenix Wright.

But on the other hand, I'm pretty scrubby in MVC3; I never bought the vanilla version and only really played it when I was with friends, in which scrubby Ammy HHHHHHHH combos were more than enough to even the odds for the most part. I would rather not step into online and suddenly get WTFPWNed for the next several months.

DjangoReinhardt said:
The lack of replays and the awful UI are inexcusable. I really wish Capcom would outsource most of the non-battle system elements to Western developers. It's pretty clear that their internal teams just don't get it.
Or don't have the kind of funding Ono's games do.

God's Beard said:
Oooooh, sarcasm! I get it! =D

I got my first perfect via Dormammu last night.

All of GAF is being put on notice for ranking Nemesis as the worst newcomer. This is why I'm the best theory fighter.
Hmm, I don't think I did...I thought I had Iron Fist as the worst, or something.

I think the best thing that can be said about this game's balance is that everyone seems to be wrong about who the worst newcomer is. Someone makes them work every time.

N4Us said:
I haven't had a problem with that. It messed me up a couple times when I first picked up the game, but I've already adjusted.

I really like how the bars look this time around. The placement is not ideal, but the style to them is way nicer.

Ashkeloth

_dementia said:
Iron Fist?

Have you seen that damage?

If you're good enough to get in with him, and have the right assists to keep the enemy grounded, he can be amazing. That said, I guess he does require a lot of work to actually get in.

I think the game is surprisingly well balanced, which is really shocking considering it has the words Marvel, versus, and Capcom in the title

There are a few characters that are slightly above still, and a few that are useless (although they're mostly ones no-one really cares about like Hsien-Ko), but overall, most of the cast seems to stand a chance now.

Neki

Ashkeloth said:

If you're good enough to get in with him, and have the right assists to keep the enemy grounded, he can be amazing. That said, I guess he does require a lot of work to actually get in.

I think the game is surprisingly well balanced, which is really shocking considering it has the words Marvel, versus, and Capcom in the title

There are a few characters that are slightly above still, and a few that are useless (although they're mostly ones no-one really cares about like Hsien-Ko), but overall, most of the cast seems to stand a chance now.

I still care about Tron you jerk.

Ashkeloth said:

I recall prerelease gaf being real down on him

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
God's Beard said:
All of GAF is being put on notice for ranking Nemesis as the worst newcomer. This is why I'm the best theory fighter.

No matter how good he is, he'll always remain my least favorite character of the entire roster. Guess that means Hsien-ko finally isn't the worst at something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom