• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
AzureJericho said:
Best moment in the video so far was Mike Ross going "Why am I not playing Nemesis?" :lol
Best moment is combofiend laughing at fanatiq, then fanatiq looking at combo as if he was gonna start violence, then combofiend rapidly going :-|

Nils said:
No matter how good he is, he'll always remain my least favorite character of the entire roster. Guess that means Hsien-ko finally isn't the worst at something.
I haven't touched him yet. But completely disregarding gameplay and actual character strength, I think Nemesis is pretty cool.

The only guy I outright don't like is Vergil. He just seems super boring, like Dante without the personality.

mr. puppy

Banned
dante/ghost/firebrand isn't working out. i feel so handicapped when dante is dead.....ghost just doesn't have enough mobility or syngergy with firebrand.

I think I might just but the dust and put it Dorm, even though ghost has far better assists.

Hey Karsticles, hows Dorm/Firebrand going for you? Are you getting any good synergy?

Cap/Hawkeye/Storm

Been working with Captain America yesterday night and this afternoon and really starting to like him. His combos are pretty solid and can really cook with gas after some time. I've been pairing him with Hawkeye and Storm. But still not sure. I like Hawkeye alot and Storm has grown on me. Any suggestions for partners with Cap? Some good assists and set-ups?

After avoiding online mode due to fear of getting destroyed I decided to man up and rise to the challenge, and I was utterly obliterated in record time with me barely landing any offense at all, i've been besmirched!

Neki

I think I might run a Vergil/Nova/Ammy team. Ammy cold star + Nova Centurion Rush work well with Vergil, and XF3 ammy is just ARF ARF ARF win.

mr. puppy said:
dante/ghost/firebrand isn't working out. i feel so handicapped when dante is dead.....ghost just doesn't have enough mobility or syngergy with firebrand.

I think I might just but the dust and put it Dorm, even though ghost has far better assists.

Hey Karsticles, hows Dorm/Firebrand going for you? Are you getting any good synergy?
Eh, not so great to be honest. None of Firebrand's assists let Dormammu relaunch. None. Dormammu's assists, of course, have always been mediocre, so this is just part for the course. Dormammu gives Firebrand a nice blockstring I figured out, though:
c.LMH, Dark Hole assist, dp.L.

If it hits, Bon Voyage into a full combo. If it whiffs, Bon Voyage for +10 frame advantage and start a new mixup.

I'm still trying to incorporate Dark Hole into his combos somehow. It's very difficult since it comes out so slow, and Firebrand's qcf.H rather sucks outside of OTGing, zoning heavies, and being canceled into Luminous Body (it's much worse than I thought it would be).

Dark Fire to Stalking Flare only works in corners, but Dark Fire to Chaotic Flame always works. Chaotic Flame to Luminous Body works.

Nose Master said:
What the fuck? Haggar's cr. H can OTG now, but you can only cancel it into pipe, instead of launcher like vanilla? Great.

With assists you can combo after it. The advantage of using it instead of just an OTG assist is that it allows you to combo off of his piledriver.

Neki

Kadey said:
PS3 lobby stream up in a bit. You know where.
thought you were only streaming 360?

and why you do this when I'm at school :(

What the fuck? Haggar's cr. H can OTG now, but you can only cancel it into pipe, instead of launcher like vanilla? Great.
you haven't seen any ultimate haggar combos yet I'm guessing.

Dat Zero Vergil Synergy is sick!

I was using Black Zero Vergil and Strider, but zero's low heath was bad enough as my on point back in mvc3... strider makes shit even worse.

Switched to Zero Vergil and Rocky! Ill take the Rockys Zone game and shit health over a rush down with low health.

Okay, I've come up with two teams. One of them even came to me in a dream lol.

I think I'll give ranked a try soon enough.
smurfx said:
hey you! lets have our first to 10 today. i got the skies, the ground covered with projectiles thanks to my zero/taskmaster/hawkeye team.
I think I'm almost ready for this, yeah.

Neki

I was doing ranked yesterday and I ran into a guy who was 0-28. I gave him two losses, felt so bad because I was playing so poorly and he was trying so hard to win. Tron J.S isn't as good as her J.H. D:

Neki

Toonami 99 said:
Has anyone been able to counter Ghost's air S? I don't have my copy yet but I want to be prepared.
Nova can stop him in his tracks with Energy Javelin and Hawkeye can just outzone him. Ghost Rider is susceptible to full screen zoning.

Ultimoo said:
I was doing ranked yesterday and I ran into a guy who was 0-28. I gave him two losses, felt so bad because I was playing so poorly and he was trying so hard to win. Tron J.S isn't as good as her J.H. D:

Yep, i know how that feels. I'm 0-12, and i just can't fucking do anything about it. Its really killing my want to play. I've been trying to practice up, but i just don't think i have the sheer reflexes needed for this game : (

zlatko

Banned
So I went in hard on training mode with two different teams. Went online and got bodied everytime with either team. :(

Swapped to my old Vanilla team and proceeded to win 8 games in a row. :/

Zero, Sent, Deadpool is just too beastly in my hands. ; ;

I can't open up anyone with Iron Fist. :(

Grecco

Gunstarheroes said:
Yep, i know how that feels. I'm 0-12, and i just can't fucking do anything about it. Its really killing my want to play. I've been trying to practice up, but i just don't think i have the sheer reflexes needed for this game : (

Nobody goes from zero to justin in a day.

Neki

Grecco said:
Nobody goes from zero to justin in a day.
I did. I went from using X-23/Ammy/C.Viper and was doing horribly, and switched to Zero/Ammy/Sentinel and became a online pro! sent drones too op!

zlatko

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I did. I went from using X-23/Ammy/C.Viper and was doing horribly, and switched to Zero/Ammy/Sentinel and became a online pro! sent drones too op!

Still the best assist in the game lol. xD Toss in that and a character with some kind of teleport mix up and you're in that ass guaranteed.

Zero doing QCB M/H's with drones out is the stuff of nightmares for people online. :p

Ugh, Morrigan's new bnb is so hard to do.

It's awesome that Dormammu has so much style now in his combos. Fly combos, teleport cancels, all that good stuff...!

Lothars

Have they said anything about releasing the soundtrack seperately? I have done some searchs but haven't found any info regarding it.

SnakeSlashRO said:
Dat Zero Vergil Synergy is sick!

I was using Black Zero Vergil and Strider, but zero's low heath was bad enough as my on point back in mvc3... strider makes shit even worse.

Switched to Zero Vergil and Rocky! Ill take the Rockys Zone game and shit health over a rush down with low health.
I actually haven't found much Zero/Vergil synergy yet. I've been focusing more on Zero/Wesker and Vergil/Wesker synergy. What do you do with that pair?

Yep...I'm still bad...perhaps even worse than i was before.

I will practice this time tho.

Can't keep relying on Ryu going Super Sayain and saving my ass.

PSN:Roynell317

but don't expect me anytime soon...i at least want to get a team and know wtf I'm doing.

CPS2

my copy is on the way :D cost me less than $20 because i had credit at playasia (their quick checkout won't let you use coupons, and earlier this year they sent me the wrong version of mvc3, so i had credit from all of that nonsense). Asian 360 version is region free, and about $75 cheaper than the aussie version lol.

MechaX

I wonder, can a team of Ammy/Vergil/Phoenix Wright actually work? (COLD BEADS EVERYWHERE)

I would just put Sentinel in somewhere, but after the amount of hate I got for using the dude in MvC2 (and a few matches in 3), I kind of want to put him down.

zlatko

Banned
I forgot what I did earlier today, but I was able to get Frank from level 1 to 4 in one combo without any meter.

Is that old info by now to do that I don't need to make a video of it for people?

MechaX said:
I wonder, can a team of Ammy/Vergil/Phoenix Wright actually work? (COLD BEADS EVERYWHERE)

I would just put Sentinel in somewhere, but after the amount of hate I got for using the dude in MvC2 (and a few matches in 3), I kind of want to put him down.
Let the hate flow through you.

Iron Fist's assist so far is the best way I've found to extend Frank combos off a photo. This means I have to learn Iron Fist now, I suppose!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Banana Kid said:
Iron Fist's assist so far is the best way I've found to extend Frank combos off a photo. This means I have to learn Iron Fist now, I suppose!
You and I can learn him together then. :p He's fairly simple really; 100% about extended combos.

paul187

Karsticles said:
Ugh, Morrigan's new bnb is so hard to do.

It's awesome that Dormammu has so much style now in his combos. Fly combos, teleport cancels, all that good stuff...!

What are dorms new fly combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom