• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

One thing I find really weird, random and annoying as Sentinel is when I'm doing LMHS in the air but the enemy lands on the other side of the screen so I can't rocket punch OTG to continue the ass pounding. Very annoying. Anyone know why that happens?

Kyoufu said:
One thing I find really weird, random and annoying as Sentinel is when I'm doing LMHS in the air but the enemy lands on the other side of the screen so I can't rocket punch OTG to continue the ass pounding. Very annoying. Anyone know why that happens?
As a very basic combo, you should be doing MMHS.

Sometimes Sentinel needs to dash forward before OTGing with Rocket Punch. It helps if you superjump toward your opponent after launching.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I've pretty much spent my entire time in mission mode so far. 72.4% done...

I am stumped on Cap's mission 8. It seems like a pretty easy combo, but they always flip out on the very last hit.

Kyoufu said:
use mmhs, or sometimes mhs if the opponent is higher up. as a general rule (but timing changes from character to character), start the first button sooner, and finish the s later by not pressing the buttons too fast. this will adjust the height of the final hit to be lower to the ground, making it so you land to the ground sooner and generally closer to the opponent.

Sixfortyfive said:

I am stumped on Cap's mission 8. It seems like a pretty easy combo, but they always flip out on the very last hit.
yea this one was a lil tricky to get the timing down. i've only done it a few times and i'm too lazy to really figure out the real reason, but from my testing it came down to the x-factor cancel. you need to x-factor cancel the shield slash before it even hits (like a 1-3 frame window or something) rather than letting it hit first then xfc, which i guess changes up the hitstun scaling. if that's not the reason, then it's just that the last j.h to j.s is a 1-frame link (which sounds silly since they chain, but i can't find any other explanation of why the last j.s wouldn't hit).

SmokeMaxX

Sixfortyfive said:

What is it?

vg260

Sixfortyfive said:

You have any tips for the Spidey web zip OTG ones? I'm cursing that move.

I'm getting my ass kicked online. I've done some mission mode stuff and can do some of the basic combos but as soon as I'm put into an actual fight, I tend to get flustered and start mashing buttons. I also can't seem to ever block attacks on time.

Any tips on getting better? Should I just stick to arcade/mission mode for a little while?

2&2 said:
You have any tips for the Spidey web zip OTG ones? I'm cursing that move.
which one specifically? but generally if you're in the corner, super jump straight up for the air series, rather than towards the opponent. when you land, you do have enough time to do a quick back dash if needed. do the webzip as close to the ground as you can.

i think i recall one that uses an assist + its in the corner. i call the assist at the same time or slightly before the back dash, and then quickly webzip.

also, it's slightly annoying that you can't plink dash in mission mode. even if the normal doesn't come out, it still registers it as a button and resets the inputs.

vg260

ihearthawthats said:
which one specifically? but generally if you're in the corner, super jump straight up for the air series, rather than towards the opponent. when you land, you do have enough time to do a quick back dash if needed. do the webzip as close to the ground as you can.

i think i recall one that uses an assist + its in the corner. i call the assist at the same time or slightly before the back dash, and then quickly webzip.

also, it's slightly annoying that you can't plink dash in mission mode. even if the normal doesn't come out, it still registers it as a button and resets the inputs.

I can't remember the #s nut I'm stuck on the assist one (9?). This should help. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

just curious, what was you technique for the 1st web-zip combo? It had throw into MS - Xfactor - zip, jH, H, Sting, MS ?

Smo21

koshunter said:
Any tips on getting better? Should I just stick to arcade/mission mode for a little while?

Keep playing matches. It's one thing to be a training mode monster, its another to be able to actually use said combos in a match. This comes with experience and learning when you're safe, and when you can punish you opponent. If you got the combos down start trying to use them in match.

If you want to work on blocking, what worked for me is going into training and set the comp to very hard and try to just block everything they throw at you.

Scrub gaf..invite please.

tired of getting my ass kicked by dude out of my weight class...although I'm guessing I'm still the worst player on these boards.

yeeeaah

PSN:Roynell317

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Kyoufu said:
What the fuck? That is not Nelo Angelo.

This is Nelo
1139518100_NeloAngelo.jpg

Capcom, what the hell..

Newer version looks cooler actually.

Kyoufu

mr. puppy said:
why the fuck is vergil able to do 1 million damage on 2 bars.

He is the eldest of the sons of the Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda.

If anyone wants an invite to scrub GAF (PS3) just add myself or anyone else on this list and we'll invite you to the text chat:

PSN ID - GAF User Name

Kyoufu - Kyoufu
RobotZero - The Broken Ska Record
Dragon17013 - Degen
FullFlej - A Pretty Panda
Pixeltendo - JazzmanZ
lyteedge2 - Lyte Edge
Darshiro - Kintaro
securitypurpose - BeautifulMemory
Nert23 - Nert
hansuramu_jp - Netto-kun
Negatorz - Negator