• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Should have been a Lady alt, even if that one makes more sense.

Would have been funny if they turned Trish's Scythe into Lady's gun. Imagine her flinging that around during her supers.

Kyoufu

Teknoman said:
I STILL have no idea why Galactus still says "I'm going to squash you like the bug that you are" while dying.

And I STILL can't beat him without using 900 continues. He attacks way too often lol :(

Haha, guy on the PeacefulJay stream picking Viewtiful Joe/Rocket Raccoon/Frank West in the same colors as I was messing around with this morning. Playing a really good Joe.

LakeEarth

Kyoufu said:
And I STILL can't beat him without using 900 continues. He attacks way too often lol :(
He's like the easiest fighting game boss of all time.

Use all your meter against the heralds beecause you almost never want to use it against Galactus. Against him, just jump, MHS, jump MHS, jump MHS. When he begins to swing, stop and block. And that's it. Seriously.

vg260

Spirit of Jazz said:
No way am I going to pay for costumes that should have been included on the disk.

"should" is an arbitrary word. Capcom is no way obligated to include alternate costumes in the core game. You are not automatically entitled to any content they create for the game. Would it have been nice? Yeah, sure, but that's a completely unrealistic expectation. They create this content to sell separately, like it or not. Its existence does not mean they owe it to you.

Kyoufu

LakeEarth said:

Use all your meter against the heralds beecause you almost never want to use it against Galactus. Against him, just jump, MHS, jump MHS, jump MHS. When he begins to swing, stop and block. And that's it. Seriously.

I tried that, but he broke my guard somehow /shrug

I don't remember him being annoying in vanilla.

LakeEarth

Kyoufu said:
I tried that, but he broke my guard somehow /shrug

I don't remember him being annoying in vanilla.
Maybe you're getting hit on the recovery frames? From what I can tell he's identical to his vanilla self.

LakeEarth said:

Really, this is all you need to do. Pop x-factor whenever you want to speed the process up.

Anth0ny

17_umvc3alt08.jpg

Feb 7. Megaman X released as DLC alternate costume for Zero.

Mit-

Man, that's total bullshit about Corrupt Vergil's Devil Trigger :\ Way to drop the ball Capcom.

And I have to wait four months for anyone's alt.

CUZ I WANT IT ALL

Dudes I want to learn:

Ghost Rider
Nemesis
Hawkeye
Doom
Strider

But I'm also fairly satisfied with my main team as-is. I just need to get a bit more comfortable with Vergil.

LakeEarth said:

Really? I always save my meter for Galactus. Well, certain characters work better against him than some others.

The Broken Ska Record said:
Really? I always save my meter for Galactus. Well, certain characters work better against him than some others.
I think the main thing is don't use supers that make your guy stand in place like Dante's Million Dollars. Throwing a Zero level 3 at Galactus is no problem since it recovers quick.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Nooo what is this? I am not picky about box art, I'm really not. It's all about the content, what you're playing is what matters at the end of the day. But capcom fighters have a tradition of beautiful production art. I actually skipped the regular release of Marvel vs Capcom 3 because I thought the box art was terrible. Now, the Shinkiro Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom art is fantastic, but who the hell made the reversible art? It looks like the guy who drew the American street fighter comic in the early nineties.

Street+Fighter+01+of+03+(Malibu)+%5BTyphoid%5D+--+poster.jpg

I mean it's bad. Who is this schmuck? Out of all the talented comicbook artists that could have been HAPPY to draw a huge cross over picture between Marvel and Capcom fighters, HOW ON EARTH did they pick this guy? Aesthetically grinding on the nerves! Look, I could forget about it if they just gave some amateur hour reversible cover---I mean I wish the PS3 cases were opaque so I didn't have any evidence of it...but they made him draw the disc art. Yikes. Yikes. Now if it is some above average 14 year old that penciled this picture, than that's one thing. But seriously what gives?

erlim said:
Nooo what is this? I am not picky about box art, I'm really not. It's all about the content, what you're playing is what matters at the end of the day. But capcom fighters have a tradition of beautiful production art. I actually skipped the regular release of Marvel vs Capcom 3 because I thought the box art was terrible. Now, the Shinkiro Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom art is fantastic, but who the hell made the reversible art? It looks like the guy who drew the American street fighter comic in the early nineties.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5OeXXJef4...ter+01+of+03+(Malibu)+[Typhoid]+--+poster.jpg

I mean it's bad. Who is this schmuck? Out of all the talented comicbook artists that could have been HAPPY to draw a huge cross over picture between Marvel and Capcom fighters, HOW ON EARTH did they pick this guy? Aesthetically grinding on the nerves! Look, I could forget about it if they just gave some amateur hour reversible cover---I mean I wish the PS3 cases were opaque so I didn't have any evidence of it...but they made him draw the disc art. Yikes. Yikes. Now if it is some above average 14 year old that penciled this picture, than that's one thing. But seriously what gives?
Haha, apt comparison. soooo ugly.

I thought Zero was female until X4 where he had a distinctly make voice.

The very first time I saw him I assumed he was X-ed version of Roll.

Then again, I don't suppose robots are sexed anyway.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
I thought Zero was female until X4 where he had a distinctly make voice.

The very first time I saw him I assumed he was X-ed version of Roll.

Then again, I don't suppose robots are sexed anyway.
He always came off as an (inferior) Protoman expy to me.

ReiGun

Parallax Scroll said:
galactus walkthrough

jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
block
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
block
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS

he dead
I sometimes throw in a beam super because I like tempting fate.

MrMephistoX

erlim said:

Street+Fighter+01+of+03+(Malibu)+%5BTyphoid%5D+--+poster.jpg

Bison love Chunk! Rocky....R R Road!

Soulstar

Yay! I finally got the game! Probably gonna try to play with PSNMarvelGAF in a few hours.

Parallax Scroll said:
galactus walkthrough

jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
block
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS
block
jump MHS
jump MHS
jump MHS

he dead

You know... I don't think I ever even tried arcade mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom