• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyoufu said:
What the fuck? That is not Nelo Angelo.

This is Nelo
1139518100_NeloAngelo.jpg

Capcom, what the hell..

so close...yet so far.

Cant believe they skimped on the DT design. It makes the costume worthless.

They almost had my money.

Kyoufu

PSN Scrub GAF is too large. We need 2 lobbies now.

Also, Beef is a monster with Ryu and Frank West.

Also, ihearthawthats (I hate your name btw) is a beast with Hawkeye.

Smo21

Dreams-Visions said:
whoopin' much ass the last few days.

Nemisis is a fucking problem.

Strange is a fucking problem.

Virgil is a fucking problem.

Do share the Strange Tech. I keep getting blown up with him.

Smo21 said:
Do share the Strange Tech. I keep getting blown up with him.
gonna be really obvious, but I'm finding that it's really about mixing the daggers, assists, and other distractions to create opportunities to get in via TELEPORT. His normal range is so short and lack of air dash make it almost impossible to get in the normal way...but if he can get close enough, his normals seem to be faster than most other normals allowing him to do his thing.

My entire focus is around using his reportoire to close to point-blank range and I go from there. I've had some good success so far, but we're all learning for now. When I get some bonafied "best assists" and such, I'll definitely offer them up. But for now, that's my basic outline. :)

Kyoufu

The Broken Ska Record said:
I will get over my saltyness over your team, Kyoufu. Well, I did beat you once. D:

Once you kill my Vergil it should be easy from there on. I don't know how to do anything nice with Dante, or Sentinel really.

I wish I could just pick Vergil 2 or 3 times lol.

shaowebb

Shout outs to Enzo for beasting using a team he says I inspired with Iron Fist, Ryu, and his Iron Man. I am proud of him for using some of those theories and proving the synergy did indeed exist.

Unibeam covers both Ryu/Iron Fist to get in.
IronFist can OTG characters to extend Ryu combos for him like Chris-G's Ryu/Wesker team combos.
And apparently he is making up a TON of stuff in there on his own. I'm so glad something I posted about is actually happening on stream. Enzo I am so glad you Iron Man finally found a family. Can't wait to see what denjin Ryu assists do for that team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh man. 11-1 in ranked now, done for the night, at least for ranked. I can't believe I lost my first match. Same thing happened in vanilla I lost to stuff I had no clue how to deal with. I lost to some Vergil that happy birthday'd me with bederper slash, maximum bubbles, into Dante's hyper I forget the name. So lame his idea of defense was hold up back in the corner. Luckily I ran it back with him right after and nearly perfected him.

On the bright side my team hasn't really changed outside of being able to do more damage. Thor's bnb does 720k+ now and now this Hulk combo:http://youtu.be/32X5qltoeyc does anywhere from 817k-890k. Thankfully that Hulk combo isn't really too hard. Gonna be sticking with this team until I find dive into the new characters more.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have somehow made a fraudulent 8 win streak in ranked, but I am fucking terrible. Thank you based vergil randomness.

Kyoufu said:
Once you kill my Vergil it should be easy from there on. I don't know how to do anything nice with Dante, or Sentinel really.

I wish I could just pick Vergil 2 or 3 times lol.
I'm just not sure how to get past Vergil though. Plus I have a propensity to jump a lot since it gets me around faster but leaves me open to more attacks.

Ok, my team is finalized. Magneto(Estaka)/Nemesis(Armor)/Strider(Teledive)

This will be the only team anyone sees me play from now on. I found some retard good mixups.

BaUJh.png

THC synergy, meter building, assist synergy, damage, resets, x-factor mixups, it's all exactly where I need it to be. Now just to get more comfortable with Strider, then to start challenging people. I'm going to give myself the next two weeks to get familiar, then there's a local tournament I'm going to on the 2nd.

Kyoufu said:
Yup. Game decides you're not a scrub so it rightfully boots you. Makes sense.
:lol I'm definitely a scrub. I didn't go far in the original Mahvel tourny.

Focus on team armor. Hate that shit, Degen. -__-

I'm not feeling Doc Strange. Only good for Either far range or gimmick teleports with assist. God dam his normals have short range.

Strider is pretty good with instant overheads, except the double overhead you can do after teleport is useless if the opponent advance guard.

Kyoufu

The Broken Ska Record said:
I'm just not sure how to get past Vergil though. Plus I have a propensity to jump a lot since it gets me around faster but leaves me open to more attacks.

My secret is if you zone me, I will get trumped hard. Won't be a problem when I get better but right now, characters like Hawkeye will decimate me.

Or just do what Degen does and use Armor lol

Also, Spin's Nova is really good.

Kyoufu said:
My secret is if you zone me, I will get trumped hard. Won't be a problem when I get better but right now, characters like Hawkeye will decimate me.

Or just do what Degen does and use Armor lol

Also, Spin's Nova is really good.
I suck at zoning. I prefer rushdown. Soon, perhaps, I'll learn to zone.

Broken record at this point, but I $&@#ing love Hawkeye. SO GOOD.

Starting to dig a bit deeper with Nova. Dude is awesome, and Super Nova is quite the assist killer.

Really digging Ultimate Spider-Man and X-23 too. They just seem so much more complete now.

Soulstar

Had some fun games tonight. Definitely need to hit the lab so I can get some combos down. Right now I'm too jumpy to be able to play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom