• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valnen

It figures the PSN would be down the day I decide to pick this up...

I want this to be the first fighting game I get good at. :3

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
_dementia said:
The blonde ponytail made me draw that Roll connection I guess

Not, you know, the boobs?

Zero3.gif

How have people's online been so far?

For, it was awesome on Tuesday. But these last 2 days, I barely get matches when I am not underwater to some degree. It's really frustrating. I just turned it off right now. I want to throw my stick, haha. I can't block Wesker underwater son!

Soulstar

ThatCrazyGuy said:

For, it was awesome on Tuesday. But these last 2 days, I barely get matches when I am not underwater to some degree. It's really frustrating. I just turned it off right now. I want to throw my stick, haha. I can't block Wesker underwater son!

I only played one game online before I wen't back to training mode and then PSN went down, but it was a five bar guy that was pretty smooth.

I managed to win even though I was struck by a sudden and unexpected bout of nerves that caused me to forgot how to play.

Skilletor

ThatCrazyGuy said:

I played 50 matches with a friend in Texas (I'm in Colorado) and it was great. As good as AE.

I played a random person, had green bars, felt awful.

Mixed bag, I guess.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Changes to hit stun scaling not as apparent as I thought it'd be.

Also I think the new Denjin mode for Ryu is pretty dumb and unnecessary.

Is psn down for errbody else right now?

shaowebb

Raging Spaniard said:
Not, you know, the boobs?

Zero3.gif
Don't make me post the Zero "Titty Monster" pic again...It nearly locked a thread last time with the derail it caused.

Onto a more sane note I like the idea of posting who you want to learn in this game.

For me:

Iron Fist(WIP!)
Firebrand
Rocket Raccoon
Nova
MODOK
Super Skrull
Chun Li

I played around here and there with those last 3 in vanilla but they seem better now and I'm really digging them more. Skrull is kind of a recent joy for me so I wanna keep messing with him. MODOK is my favorite troll though. He controls space so good with those cubes and bombs. Hoping to make a team around him soon for an alt to my main team with Iron Fist.

McNum

Ooh, tomorrow's the day I get UMvC3. Yay, EU release! Still need to figure out which of the new characters I'd like to play with. I'm thinking of picking up Thor as point and keeping my Felicia anchor, but I'm not sure which of the new guys would help out Thor the most, and benefit from either a low or OTG assist the most. I probably want to avoid Strider, though, too technical for me yet. I wonder if Vergil could do well if he has to stay meter neutral at best? He looks kind of fun, even if he has "Flavor of the Month!" painted all over him. Also considering Cap, maybe to replace Thor or as second.

Anyone got any Ultimate Thor or Felicia experience to share?

Skilletor said:
I played 50 matches with a friend in Texas (I'm in Colorado) and it was great. As good as AE.

I played a random person, had green bars, felt awful.

Mixed bag, I guess.

Hmm. Maybe I got lucky on Tuesday playing west coast guys. I remember I was in Kadeys lobby on Wednesday playing some dude from Mexico. That was painful.

I'm pretty bad at getting in with Vergil. I've got a few gimmicks:

- Teleport C (above opponent), push df+C to option select Helm Breaker or airthrow
- Teleport B (behind opponent), cr.AB
- Rapid Slash which people often fail to block, cancel to Devil Trigger, ABC
- Activate Spiral Swords, teleport B, cr.A

His standing A, B, and C all have huge hitboxes, so maybe I should work on punishing things with those.

For assists, I don't think Zero on uppercut assist is going to help him much. Wesker low gunshot could be used to set up unblockables, but I don't really have any experience doing those. I hear Vergil's airdash C while in Devil Trigger mode is good for an unblockable setup. But I also like keeping Wesker for combo extension.

Maybe teleport C, S, then follow up after the ground bounce could work.

Skilletor

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hmm. Maybe I got lucky on Tuesday playing west coast guys. I remember I was in Kadeys lobby on Wednesday playing some dude from Mexico. That was painful.

With my friend in TX, we have 5 bars. Our connection is amazing. We play AE and GGPO stuffs all the time.

I think there might be a huge difference in feeling between 4-5 bars. I'm an offline player, so it might just be that I'm more sensitive to it. Iuno.

mikeeb13

Banned
Parallax Scroll said:
I wonder if it's viable to play Vergil without using the A button (and just use that button to charge his Round Trip). That's pretty much how I play Zero.
actually that's pretty realistic lol

mikeeb13 said:
actually that's pretty realistic lol
Is it? Do you play Vergil? Cause it's totally a viable approach with Zero. Round trip doesn't have the quick startup of the Buster, but I bet throwing one out or having it ready to use could help with mixups.

Kyoufu

Parallax Scroll said:
Is it? Do you play Vergil? Cause it's totally a viable approach with Zero. Round trip doesn't have the quick startup of the Buster, but I bet throwing one out or having it ready to use could help with mixups.

Yeah its totally viable. Vergil doesn't need L.

For my team, since I use Dante's OTG assist, I have Sentinel free for Sentinel Charge or whatever, giving me good time and space to open up with Vergil. Works pretty well since it forces them to block, and if they try to punish me then one of Sentinel's rockets will hit them. Love it.

Smo21

Parallax Scroll said:
I wonder if it's viable to play Vergil without using the A button (and just use that button to charge his Round Trip). That's pretty much how I play Zero.

Learn to change the charge button mid combo.

Smo21 said:
Learn to change the charge button mid combo.
I learned that with Zero, but I don't use it in matches. With the removal of Zero's ground loop and the addition of his self-OTG, I don't think button switching will be as necessary for Zero anymore, so I'm gonna keep on using A for buster and buster followups only.

If I could do something similar effectively with Vergil, that would be pretty handy.

MG310

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened with the Mark Brooks cover...he usually does nice work.

EDIT: Sadly I still have the gold foil version of that Malibu comic.

Yeah... Amazon delayed the guide's release until some time around December. I guess I'm gonna give Gamestop a visit tomorrow.

I'm trying to enjoy the game, but there is no one to play with besides complete randoms.
Kadey said:
PSN will be down for another 6 hours so LIVE will be streamed tonight.
Looks like something I could try...

SolarPowered said:
Yeah... Amazon delayed the guide's release until some time around December. I guess I'm gonna give Gamestop a visit tomorrow.

I'm trying to enjoy the game, but there is no one to play with besides complete randoms.
That's because you got it on the wrong system! :p

Teknoman

Hopefully I can get some decent fights in with GAF tonight lol. Sick of getting stuck in combos with no hope -_-

Of course im also trying to learn Phoenix, so that could also be my fault.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Teknoman said:
Hopefully I can get some decent fights in with GAF tonight lol. Sick of getting stuck in combos with no hope -_-

Of course im also trying to learn Phoenix, so that could also be my fault.

I am too, we should play. I am fucking terrible. :p

What are some of the Nova BnBs that you guys are using.

I just do the basic cliche shit: L M H S -> airM airM airH Fly -> airL airM airH airS land -> Nova Strike OTG airH Nova bubble super.

It does alot of damage, but I'm sure there are other combos for me to do. Actually, while I'm at it I may as well study the video that FingerCramp put out with the Yipes combos...

Ken

spindashing said:
Actually, while I'm at it I may as well study the video that FingerCramp put out with the Yipes combos...

Could I get a link to whatever video you're talking about?

Neki

the nova h combo is too hard.

practicing vergil, I hate how I have to super jump after tricking the srk + l to get the combo

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
spindashing said:
What are some of the Nova BnBs that you guys are using.

I just do the basic cliche shit: L M H S -> airM airM airH Fly -> airL airM airH airS land -> Nova Strike OTG airH Nova bubble super.

It does alot of damage, but I'm sure there are other combos for me to do. Actually, while I'm at it I may as well study the video that FingerCramp put out with the Yipes combos...
http://youtu.be/a0suWnxxkhk

I can't do it for shit yet. Can only get the first loop in.

smurfx

get some go again
~Devil Trigger~ said:
This Pack will be bought by 20 million people... for...

..for some reason

weaponex_92070_640screen.jpg
omfg is that a real pack? lol it has my 3 characters on there! thank you for saving me money capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom