• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
they changed something about taskmaster. his basic stuff comes out really weird sometimes.

edit: okay the new rank system has its uses but waiting 30 freaking seconds for the person to make up their mind and then leave is annoying as fuck.

edit2: you know what would of been nice? if when you go x factor the cpu did all the mashing for you and gave you all the damage.

Teknoman

Ken said:
Argh, just started playing Halo. If you're still going on later I'll join up.

I think i'll dive in Halo tomorrow myself. Picked em both up at the same time.

Anyway just join via me, fatal, or parallel.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think I'm gonna have to ditch Zero on my team. I really, REALLY need an assist.

So I have Chun and Ryu, who else has an assist that would be useful to them, as well as being a good general character? Doom?

Timedog said:
I think I'm gonna have to ditch Zero on my team. I really, REALLY need an assist.

So I have Chun and Ryu, who else has an assist that would be useful to them, as well as being a good general character? Doom?

well chun is ur assist on that team, lightning legs is a good lockdown that sets up mixup. But doom is an overall good character and assist

Kyoufu

Speaking of assists, anyone recommend some projectile assists that would help as a safety net when going in for the kill?

I'm using Sentinel but I find that he is a little slow in calling the rockets out, he just ends up getting combo'd. :lol

smurfx

get some go again
Kyoufu said:
Speaking of assists, anyone recommend some projectile assists that would help as a safety net when going in for the kill?

I'm using Sentinel but I find that he is a little slow in calling the rockets out, he just ends up getting combo'd. :lol
dooms hidden missles, dooms beam, magnetos beam, hawkeyes triple arrows, aerial arrows.

A Pretty Panda said:
Hush no one must know.

He's honestly not much different from vanilla, except he can relauch in his bnb to do a little bit more damage other than that nothing substantial imo
He has super armor on charged Mighty Strike now...that's huge, but no one cares enough to try him out.

smurfx

get some go again
one_kill said:
Could anyone tell me what you get as a bonus for having vanilla?
play as galactus mode without needing to get the points. -_- lol i got 2 salty ass messages one after the other. guess task/zero/hawkeye is too much zoning.

edit: dayum that hawkeye zoning!

smurfx

get some go again
omg dr stanges instant hyper is fucking annoying.

edit: yum just had my first taste of instant phoenix punishes thanks to hawkeye. go ahead and do your usual crap phoenix and hawkeye will take care of it. :D

Teknoman

Scrub 360 room still going, probably going to have to bail out in abit since i've been playing this all day, gotta take a break.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Wow

i cant remember the last time i had trouble mentally with a move.

The fact Hawkeye flips forward and the command being QCBack is fucking with my head so bad lol

its my first day with the game but, Goddanm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Wow

i cant remember the last time i had trouble mentally with a move.

The fact Hawkeye flips forward and the command being QCBack is fucking with my head so bad lol

its my first day with the game but, Goddanm.
How about an air dash move that's QCB :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Teknoman said:
I need to figure out how to defend against Parallax's Zero. Cut me into ribbons *_*

I have always been terrible at fighting Zero, haha. I just block constantly, try to advance guard, he's in my face again anyway. Only way I was ever hitting him was abusing armor with Nemesis.

But yeah, good games everyone. I REALLY need to actually play with characters aside from phoenix wright, that is what I've learned tonight!

Teknoman

Papercuts said:
I have always been terrible at fighting Zero, haha. I just block constantly, try to advance guard, he's in my face again anyway. Only way I was ever hitting him was abusing armor with Nemesis.

But yeah, good games everyone. I REALLY need to actually play with characters aside from phoenix wright, that is what I've learned tonight!

I think I need to learn to quit trying to rush in with everyone too. But yeah great fights all around. 2 spots open in the 360 scrub lobby btw.

smurfx

get some go again
alright got my first 50 wins on ranked. ended up 50-14 which isn't bad. 2 things i learned is always respect hawkeye and dr stanges instant hypers! oh and nova seems safe on block on a bunch of his moves. some of the moves even shocked me since it seems incredibly unsafe on block.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Try not air-dashing every second then? I had no troubles air-dashing against him.
viewitful joe is so small, nova can't really dodge projectiles as well as him

got my first perfect against a gaffer today. :D

Kyoufu

I can't wait to get the Vita version then use the NicoNico app (and probably youtube in the future) to stream gameplay.

Neki

nova is like the perfect point character, he's replaced tron as my favourite character. he's got amazing throw game, comboing off a throw from anywhere is amazing. only problem is low health, and he really has no low attack options on the ground.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED
payback for all those annoying dorm anchor wins. :p

Solune

Any other Chris players finding it more difficult to adjust in Ultimate? My main team from Vanilla (Chris, Zero, Dante) is just not working anymore. Parallax was right about that Zero's assists being toned down in terms of hitstun. I still want to keep Dante on a team so I will probably mix and match but it's just not working with Chris on point. Need to find some assists that work with him to extend combos.

On the other hand Spencer and Doom synergy is even better in Ultimate and it was already really good in Vanilla, feeling Spencer Doom Vergil. Probably just gonna switch to this as my main team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom