• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul187

zazrx said:
Ghost Rider: how do you do h h, shoryuken l, DASH FORWARD, h h.... how do you do that dash forward and still swing in time to connect the rest of the combo?! I can't figure it out :(

You don't. H h srk.l then wait for the wall bounce then h h again. The first h has a ton of range I like to take a couple of steps before the h mostly for timing.

RS4-

Trying to get the no block achievement in ranked is a bad idea lol :(

Almost had it a few times in PMs, closest being one block!

Can someone link me to an updated health list somewhere?

Still trying to make a new team.

Task plus 2 of the following 8 characters:

She-Hulk
Ryu
Akuma
Trish
Vergil
Deadpool
Wolvie
Wesker

LakeEarth

Sir Garbageman said:
Can someone link me to an updated health list somewhere?

Still trying to make a new team.

Task plus 2 of the following 8 characters:

She-Hulk
Ryu
Akuma
Trish
Vergil
Deadpool
Wolvie
Wesker
I think this is accurate.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

I'd say every one of those characters would be helped out with Task's arrows. And on the flip side, Taskmaster would be helped by Ryu/Akuma hurricane assist and be able to create unblockables with She-Hulk/Wesker/Deadpool's low assist.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just realized that they fixed the bug where Morrigan's Astral Vision didn't get her X-Factor bonuses. That's probably the reason why her bonuses are so ass compared to the rest of the cast.

Ken

Having trouble doing Trick and an attack after Vergil's Stinger wall bounce. What attacks will connect after Trick?

Ken

GuardianE said:
I'm pretty sure c.M does. It's in one of his missions.
His mission has crouching H, but I guess I'm having trouble with when to start inputting for Trick. I always finish the telport just after they land.

Neki

Ken said:
His mission has crouching H, but I guess I'm having trouble with when to start inputting for Trick. I always finish the telport just after they land.
stinger is special cancelable, so you should be able to do it during the last few frames of the stinger animation, it's kind of a feel thing. I only do c.H when I'm close to the corner, otherwise, I go s.MHS

LogicStep

paul187 said:
You don't. H h srk.l then wait for the wall bounce then h h again. The first h has a ton of range I like to take a couple of steps before the h mostly for timing.
Yeah, I know it has huge range, but if you do the combo mid screen sometimes the enemy goes too far away and becomes out of reach, the most I can do is take a step or two and try to connect. I ask because the guide says to do the dash but I can't swing in time after a dash.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
zazrx said:
Yeah, I know it has huge range, but if you do the combo mid screen sometimes the enemy goes too far away and becomes out of reach, the most I can do is take a step or two and try to connect. I ask because the guide says to do the dash but I can't swing in time after a dash.

Can you dash forward, but cancel the dash into the H?

Finally got my Villains pack code (a Mod on the Best Buy forums PMed it to me). Redeemed it already, now I just need to wait until I get out of work to see how they look.

striKeVillain! said:
Finally got my Villains pack code (a Mod on the Best Buy forums PMed it to me). Redeemed it already, now I just need to wait until I get out of work to see how they look.
Still waiting on mine. It's pretty sad that I have to sign up for their forum to get this problem solved.

LogicStep

devastatorprime said:
This is why I cant play online =( TheMadnessBeast will have to retire from PSN srubGAF for a while until I can figure out why my internet is so bad.
1598688832.png

And I'm so sad I have to wait till next year for dat Gloria and Udon Taskmaster, shit is just ridiculous.
That's what mine is except my download is lower and my ping is in the 100s :/ DSL... Still manage to play online but it sucks compared to local play.

mr. puppy said:
wait until you see Iron Man's overhead. you'll know it when you see it.
If you mean downward airdash into L, then he had that in MVC3 and C.Viper does it better. I'm talking about really mind blowing setups here. DHC glitch quality.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I see Naoko_chan_21 is up to his usual tricks on the PSN leaderboards. 713 wins, no losses. He did the same thing in Vanilla, having nearly 2000 wins the last time I checked.

It's hilarious that Capcom doesn't do anything about this. "Rage quit hell" my ass.

Neki

God's Beard said:
If you mean downward airdash into L, then he had that in MVC3 and C.Viper does it better. I'm talking about really mind blowing setups here. DHC glitch quality.
show it on kadey's stream ;)

God's Beard said:

no ur not

spindashing said:
Someone should create a MahvelGAF IRC channel for the GAF downtime so we can get some games/watch some streams/Mahvel/post scans.

agreed!

Kyoufu

Seraphis Cain said:
I see Naoko_chan_21 is up to his usual tricks on the PSN leaderboards. 713 wins, no losses. He did the same thing in Vanilla, having nearly 2000 wins the last time I checked.

It's hilarious that Capcom doesn't do anything about this. "Rage quit hell" my ass.

It even says if you rage quit you'll face severe punishment. lol

Lord Phol

Hi, I've never been very good good at fighting games, but for some crazy reason I've been following this game like a madman (gaf threads, tournamnets streams etc), and now I finally got it in my hands.
Would be great if anyone could invite me to the GAF PSN chat if there is one, or just friend me for a match or two, my PSN is LordPhol.

I'm really new to this game but i'm quite determined to at least try to learn how to play it properly and maybe someday even win a match or two!

striKeVillain! said:
I'm still waiting on my code from Amazon.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey guys check my e-peen out!
207ksjn.jpg

hoooraaay

Also does anyone know if the guy above me is actually Honzo Gonzo? If so I've played him a few times in vanilla which is sorta cool.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Seraphis Cain said:
Sell all of your other games, play nothing but Marvel all day every day, buy the 500+ page guide, and study it when you're not playing (which should only be a couple of hours every day), and memorize a mountain of seemingly nonsensical terms like "hit confirm", "DHC", "TAC", "OTG" and others. At least, that's how I imagine people do it...>_>

Really though, sometimes I think this series is a cruel joke. Make a game that appeals to fanbases of so many things (Street Fighter, Resident Evil, DMC, Megaman, Marvel Comics, etc.), but make it so amazingly technical that only a small percentage of the people the game appeals to will ever truly be good at it. Sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm the only one stupid enough to not just give in and admit that the game is too much for me.

And to prove that point...how the hell are you supposed to chain Haggar's d.H into a Lead Pipe? Stuck on Mission 9 and I can't figure it out.
There's plenty of middle ground for fun between a casual player who will beat the arcade mode a few times then put the game down forever after two weeks and the sponsored players who want to be the best in the world. It's just a matter of figuring out what you want to do with the game.

Seraphis Cain said:
Any opinions on who a good third would be for a Haggar/Ghost Rider/???? team?
Someone with a beam projectile or good horizontal assist to help haggar get in. There's a ton of those. Just a matter of finding a char with one that you want to play. Doom rocks or beam. Ryu or akuma tatsu.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Unconditional said:
Someone with a beam projectile or good horizontal assist to help haggar get in. There's a ton of those. Just a matter of finding a char with one that you want to play. Doom rocks or beam. Ryu or akuma tatsu.

Yeah, I was thinking Doom myself. Will give Ryu and Akuma a shot too. Thanks.

McNum

DjangoReinhardt said:
There's plenty of middle ground for fun between a casual player who will beat the arcade mode a few times then put the game down forever after two weeks and the sponsored players who want to be the best in the world. It's just a matter of figuring out what you want to do with the game.
I have a simple goal: To land Felicia's "Please Help Me!" on a Doctor Doom played by a live opponent.

Yes, I am serious. All the practice, all the team building, all the combos all boil down to this: I will fight Doctor Doom and I will bury him in catgirls. Everything else comes secondary.

I know it's a silly goal, but it just might be possible for me.

thundr51

Anybody got any tips on who I should start with? In the last game I basically picked who I used based on how far I got on their missions (Storm, Thor & Task). I figure I should probably stick with them so far but just curious if there was a 'suggested' character(s) for noobs.

McNum said:
I have a simple goal: To land Felicia's "Please Help Me!" on a Doctor Doom played by a live opponent.

Yes, I am serious. All the practice, all the team building, all the combos all boil down to this: I will fight Doctor Doom and I will bury him in catgirls. Everything else comes secondary.

I know it's a silly goal, but it just might be possible for me.

Haha, this is awesome.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Seraphis Cain said:
Sell all of your other games, play nothing but Marvel all day every day, buy the 500+ page guide, and study it when you're not playing (which should only be a couple of hours every day), and memorize a mountain of seemingly nonsensical terms like "hit confirm", "DHC", "TAC", "OTG" and others. At least, that's how I imagine people do it...>_>
Hit confirm's nonsensical? You try to hit someone, and only continue the combo if you actually connect. Off the ground's hardly obtuse etc.

LakeEarth

thundr51 said:
Anybody got any tips on who I should start with? In the last game I basically picked who I used based on how far I got on their missions (Storm, Thor & Task). I figure I should probably stick with them so far but just curious if there was a 'suggested' character(s) for noobs.
Wesker and Spencer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom