• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Winrich & Nina is a hilarious commentary duo. Also, Winrich is fucking hilarious. "NOW you can block?" @ MarlinPie had me dying.

Stream monsters went in after Nina's comment just now.
KuGsj.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I realized that I am very scrub in umvc3 because I am not used to zoning characters being strong in umvc3 and spammable ghost rider with lockdown assists.

I need help so please give me any tips or links/video that could help me a lot.

mr. puppy

Banned
and theres why i'm never touching nova. dude just lost to combofiend becuase he calls Nova's assist and all the red health disappears.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Comments section is gonna be pretty brutal in this one since you didn't know where everyone came from.

It's true.

Just saw the video. I would like to point out that Mike Haggar's dlc costume is from Final Fight 3. Not Saturday Night. I wish it is but it's not.

104px-FF3Haggar.png

Zone more. That's the main adjustment I've made.

Ugh, I hate zoning. I will have to check who is very good zoning character.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Comments section is gonna be pretty brutal in this one since you didn't know where everyone came from. Good job with doing another video though. Btw are you planning on doing another combo vid like you did with vanilla?

Community engagement. I might not know, but offer the opportunity if people watching do know the origins, to educate and help each-other out. Seems to be going really well so far.

The combo video was in planning for months actually, but it got held up in an approval process at Capcom and a few other things happened during pre production. Had to drop it :/

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Which costumes were you not clear on? I can cover the gaps for the Marvel side.

I like how you can now x-factor cancel a blocked Phantom Dance so you can follow it up with a nigh instant overhead or low attack on either side of the opponent.

Comments section is gonna be pretty brutal in this one since you didn't know where everyone came from. Good job with doing another video though. Btw are you planning on doing another combo vid like you did with vanilla?
I just read the comments section and Arthur's armor is supposedly based off Bishamon's design. I have no if this is true, but I did get a Bishamon vibe when I first saw the armor.

Two Darkstalker alts does not make me feel comfortable about getting a new character at all now. Getting one alt with Talbain feels like a nice placeholder until the roster update, but I view two costumes as Capcom's way of preparing fans for disappointment preemptively before the next update or round of DLC characters.

:'(
I like how you can now x-factor cancel a blocked Phantom Dance so you can follow it up with a nigh instant overhead or low attack on either side of the opponent.
This was not possible before?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Two Darkstalker alts does not make me feel comfortable about getting a new character at all now. Getting one alt with Talbain feels like a nice placeholder until the roster update, but I view two costumes as Capcom's way of preparing fans for disappointment preemptively before the next update or round of DLC characters.

Donovan. Hmmm.

McNum

Hmm, I beginning to like Doctor Strange. I look at him and see a very high execution barrier, but unlike most characters, I want to see if I can scale it, because he's just fun. Okay, his Spell of Vishanti Hyper is a big draw, love that I can DHC into that from anything, but all of his silly tricks and projectiles everywhere looks fun. Got any newbie tips for the Doc?

So, my day 2 first UMvC team might just be forming now... Captain America, Doctor Strange, and Felicia. Not sure about order or assists, yet, but I think I can make this work after some hours in Training Mode. Do I want Daggers of Denak or Bolts of Balthaak for Cartwheel/Cat Crawl mixups? Cap, I'm thinking Shield Slash for lockdown, and Felicia is either Sand Splash or Rolling Buckler. Do I want Low or OTG? Hmm... need to experiment. And build up muscle memory.

When I think I got this one, I'll probably take it online. I'm blizting Arcade Mode with it, unless Galactus' Heralds decide to gang up on poor Cap.

I recently spent some time with Dr.Doom in training mode and goddamn he is ridiculous in the corner. His corner combos feel like the most intuitive series of moves in the game(and that is pretty amazing considering how easy Wesker feels). I never played him seriously in Vanilla since his midscreen stuff felt weird, but I think I can get the hang of it now. He would certainly complement Ammy and Nova really well...

Also, his XF damage at any level is freaking ridiculous and it is compounded by that foot dive.
Donovan. Hmmm.
Doubt it
No air x-factor before so you'd only be able to x-factor it in order to make it safe. Now you can get the mix-up if the opponent's blocking, or x-factor it into a combo if they're hit by it.
I completely forgot about air XF and I even did his air XF mission too. =_=
That is a load off my mind. Still, I never would've expected that from Arthur's game. I may have to scour youtube for some game play so that I can see it in motion.

Someone please explain Wesker's sunglasses mechanic to me. I don't trust James Chen at all, so I'd like accurate info.
From the guide:

"Wesker now gains a 5% speed boost and 10% damage boost when his sunglasses are off.

Wesker now gains a 10% speed boost and 15% damage boost when his sunglasses are broken."

Someone please explain Wesker's sunglasses mechanic to me. I don't trust James Chen at all, so I'd like accurate info.

I'm no expert, but....

- he takes them off when he does Phantom Dance
- he puts them back on when he tags out
- glasses off = buffed (both speed and damage i think)
- supposedly his glasses also become cracked over time as he takes damage

Frantic

I'm obsessed with landing Vergil's Level 4 in every match I play. Obsessed. I've taken to not even using supers throughout the entire matches just because I want to land the thing at the very end. I'll even tag Vergil out if he's near death just to get the chance again. I've come close to losing an entire match just because I wanted to land it. Something is wrong with me. x_x

I'm obsessed with landing Vergil's Level 4 in every match I play. Obsessed. I've taken to not even using supers throughout the entire matches just because I want to land the thing at the very end. I'll even tag Vergil out if he's near death just to get the chance again. I've come close to losing an entire match just because I wanted to land it. Something is wrong with me. x_x

lol, I haven't used it at all yet.

I'm coming to realize that there are a TON of people online who have good combos, but suck at landing that first hit. In fact, that described me throughout pretty much all of vanilla. I'm glad I fixed that.

How do I do it after a launcher though? It seems like after a launcher my character automatically jumps.

You're all set. Start hitting the guy in the air.

Do I need to input down and up really fast after S?
Nope. If "auto super jump" is enabled in the game options, just hold S. If it's disabled, just hold up or up/forward after you do the launcher.

Ken

You're all set. Start hitting the guy in the air.

Nope. If "auto super jump" is enabled in the game options, just hold S. If it's disabled, just hold up or up/forward after you do the launcher.

Okay, thanks.

Edit: Oh wow, SCR at my school. Too bad I'm gone for break during that time.

JazzmanZ

So someone on 4chan just posted some images of all the cards for the DLC mode coming soon.

There are some cards that act like assist, and Dr.Wily, Vile, Blade, Sissel, Black widow, Thanos and Spider-Ham are some of them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or does Maximum Wesker auto cross up a lot more?

Frantic

Frank Level 5 j.M + Deadpool's Quick Work = "You blocking? lol not anymore."

But seriously, Dante/Frank/Deadpool is like the ultimate team BFF from the short time I've been playing with it. It's sooooo good.

Is it me or does Maximum Wesker auto cross up a lot more?
I was thinking it crossed up less, lol. I haven't been hit by random crossup recently, anyways.

So someone on 4chan just posted some images of all the cards for the DLC mode coming soon.

There are some cards that act like assist, and Dr.Wily, Vile, Blade, Sissel, Black widow, Thanos and Spider-Ham are some of them.

MARVEL ONE BABY

PSN matches from last night.

Good match between Sprig and Ultimoo.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300429438

Degen getting blown up by Sprig.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300429569

Ultimoo breaking Sprig's streak.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300429700

Seph with that MODOK.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300431212

Ultimoo once again breaking a win streak.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300431306

Pretty sure that are a bunch more but I'm too lazy to go through and highlight them all.

Don't know whether I should go PSN or Live tonight. It's up to the people.

Seph is so cool!

zlatko

Banned
Fuck Wesker.

:/ Can't beat him, join them. Going to do a Vergil, Wesker, and probably Frank team or Sentinel for drones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom