• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was seriously confused the first time you used it. Good games man. Was the connection good for you? I experienced no issues other than at the end when my internet randomly dropped for a second right before my match with enzo started.

There was a little bit of lag in our matches but it wasn't bad. You played an x23 team, right? Wesker can't cancel his OTG gunshot into a regular super, but he can cancel it into THC. I seem to have lucked out and picked characters that can maximize the damage on that pretty well.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
There was a little bit of lag in our matches but it wasn't bad. You played an x23 team, right? Wesker can't cancel his OTG gunshot into a regular super, but he can cancel it into THC. I seem to have lucked out and picked characters that can maximize the damage on that pretty well.

I was the Taskmaster/X-23/Dormammu guy yes. Enzo was my guinea pig for Nova, it didn't fare too well against you so I switched to my old team for those matches. I know about the gunshot THC cancel but was just very surprised it did as much damage. Actually went into training mode afterwards with your team to see how much it did. I'm wondering if more characters have an easy THC setup now as it always seemed weird Wesker got this explicit obvious cancel exclusively. Can't complain about my team though, the Task nerfs don't bother me that much, X-23 got a bit of an evil buff I wasn't aware of yet yesterday and Dormammu well, he got all sorts of stuff.

Spent some more time with Nova in training mode and am finding it fairly tricky to hit the Super Nova hyper in time after the relaunch.

I was the Taskmaster/X-23/Dormammu guy yes. Enzo was my guinea pig for Nova, it didn't fare too well against you so I switched to my old team for those matches. I know about the gunshot THC cancel but was just very surprised it did as much damage. Actually went into training mode afterwards with your team to see how much it did. I'm wondering if more characters have an easy THC setup now as it always seemed weird Wesker got this explicit obvious cancel exclusively.

Ah right. Those were good matches, and good practice for me against all those characters. There's so much invincibility on that x23 super...

If you have a super that hits OTG (like Hailstorm) there are various THC setups you can do with that.

RS4-

I take it you were the guy who left shortly after I joined. I think we played maybe one or two matches. GGs. Playing Parallax I'm kinda salty Wesker is still the only character as far as I know who gets a very free THC mid combo with that gunshot cancel. With Parallax his team it did an easy 900k.

Ahh yeah, had a game or two in with you. GGs as well!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ah right. Those were good matches, and good practice for me against all those characters. There's so much invincibility on that x23 super...

Haha once that starts and you're stuck doing a move you're screwed unless you X-Factor. It remains my favorite hyper in the entire game so far.

alright dudes. gf is gonna be gone for the day. gonna put mad hours in today in the lab. anyone on psn hit me up, i could definitely use the practice.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm trying out a new team:

Frank West / Shopping Cart
Nemesis / Slam (whatever the name is...)
Magneto / Estaka.

What is a good Bnb for Frank? As it stands now, if they get hit with an EM Disruptor at least once or twice, I can go straight to lvl 3 / 4 with Frank, with a THC. Just a simple:

L, M, H, d.H, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, Camera otg, assist, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, THC, Camera.

Did they buff Shuma this game? I think I fought all of 1-2 in Vanilla and got bodied by three of them last night. smh.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh goody. You can set the training dummy to block low now. That always bugged me in vanilla.

One thing I never bothered to figure out in Vanilla is how do you record and play back moves for the AI team.

Does anyone know how to beat that Hulk assist where he flies straight up? I was facing a guy yesterday who did it ever 2 seconds and I couldn't really do anything. Seemed invincible, called in my own assists and they just took damage and didn't really do anything.

DR2K

Banned
Does anyone know how to beat that Hulk assist where he flies straight up? I was facing a guy yesterday who did it ever 2 seconds and I couldn't really do anything. Seemed invincible, called in my own assists and they just took damage and didn't really do anything.

I've rarely gone up against it. From what I recall it gives me a lot of time to punish it. Characters with long range beam supers would keep the player honest.

That assist has armor. You just watch for it, you can punish Hulk with a hyper or something on the way down.

In vanilla it had the most invincibility frames of any AA assist. I don't know if that's still true.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man, fuck Magneto's mission 10. I should have learned how to his more advanced combos in vanilla. His swag has to be unlocked with even more execution now. What do you do after:

c.h, S, j.h, adf, j.h, magnetic blast L, land, dash forward, j.m, j.h, magnetic blast L....

my brain shuts down and I only manage to follow up with mmh s....

mr. puppy

Banned
is anybody able to pull off taskmaster's unblockable setup when somebody is snapped in? i never see it work but read theorycraft about a lockdown assist+it leading to dead characters

j.rob

I wonder if you were playing me...I use hulk just like that for his god like assist.

Anyways. I got a good ammout of time with the game over at a friends house, and I'm rockin Firebrand (swoopy dive assist)/ Captain America (charging star)/ Hulk (gamma charge anti air).
I got firebrand being an annoying little bitch all up in my opponents face, then I got hulk backing me up with dat assist keeping their ass in line if they even attempt to jump or counter attack. Then cap comes in after firebrand with his now amazing otg capabilities while still backed up by hulk.
Then I got hulk as an anchor if it comes to it and bait opponents to attack while I use the armour on the standing M, H or gamma charge and folow up. Hulk on Xfactor lvl3 is still mental.

I'm thinking of having cap first though and saving firebrand for later as an anchor. Will have to hit the lab.

Ken

Any tips for how to control the air with Nova? Had no idea what to do against a Trish who kept jumping into the air and doing that diagonal kick.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So I was going through the character voices and found this so I had to take a picture of it.

5CfeK.jpg

Assuming not a lot of people have found this one since well, there'd be no reason to test it since both these characters were in Vanilla.

bs000

Any tips for how to control the air with Nova? Had no idea what to do against a Trish who kept jumping into the air and doing that diagonal kick.

Air throw, OTG, full combo :D. I don't think her dive kick autocorrects either, so maybe dash under?

Whoo, got my magneto gravity squeeze bnb over 1.1 million damage ^_^

Meter nerf sucks though, I barely get over a bar and a half :-(

edit: just thought of a way to make it longer :-o
Definitely 1.15 million possible.

shaowebb

Whoo, got my magneto gravity squeeze bnb over 1.1 million damage ^_^

Meter nerf sucks though, I barely get over a bar and a half :-(

edit: just thought of a way to make it longer :-o
Definitely 1.15 million possible.

Sweet! Post that shit. I'd love to seen new Magneto tech. Webcam it or anything, but show off these things.

EDIT: Also LOL at that MODOK comment. "I defeated a raccoon. SCIENCE! <3"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PSN matches from last night.

Good match between Sprig and Ultimoo.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300429438

Degen getting blown up by Sprig.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300429569

Ultimoo breaking Sprig's streak.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300429700

Seph with that MODOK.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300431212

Ultimoo once again breaking a win streak.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300431306

Pretty sure that are a bunch more but I'm too lazy to go through and highlight them all.

Don't know whether I should go PSN or Live tonight. It's up to the people.

Whats that thing to get 2 streams at the same time? Cause Level up and Spooky both have streams at the same time ugh

http://teevox.com/fighting

You know that feeling when you go on ranked, and you're just helpless cause the other guy just opens you up before you can even do a move, and every time you try to hit a button you just get opened up again, until all of your guys are dead? I don't get that feeling anymore.

Azure J

Man Winrich & Nina is a hilarious commentary duo. Also, Winrich is fucking hilarious. "NOW you can block?" @ MarlinPie had me dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom