• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
GunnerGlory said:
Hi guys. I have an OT question. I have problems in vanilla MVC3 with the joystick. The wrong move seems to come out alot.

For example in Dr Dooms mission 7, i am supposed to do a j.M, cr.L, cr.H, f.H into a special.
The problem is after the two crouching attacks f.H turns into his beam projectile because i am going from cr to f.

This is just an example as joystick movements seem to buffer and unintended moves come up. I would love some help on this.

Yea, that's because you move directly in a QCF, which is the beam. In order to do Hard Kick, you have to deliberately leave out the diagonal down/forward part. It's a bit difficult, but that's not the stick's fault per say - it does do what you put in after all. You'll have to spend some time training the motion.

Skilletor said:
What would be wrong with that, exactly? I'm sure Capcom would be happy to have similar ratio of sales.

im talk about the retail disc sales only. I don't have accurate numbers but IIRC thats less than 200K combined.

Super did an easy 2 million to give you an idea of what capcom would be hoping for.

SolarPowered said:
The drop off between SSFIV and AE was more like 75%(the last time I checked if you go from 1.6 million to 400k which is definitely outdated). The drop off from SFIV to SSFIV was more like 50%(from 3.1 million to 1.5 million).

I assume that he was talking about the drop off from SFIV through to AE, ignoring SSFIV which is definitely not optimal compared to the situation with SFIV and SSFIV.

fixed and basically.

Skilletor said:
What would be wrong with that, exactly? I'm sure Capcom would be happy to have similar ratio of sales.
The drop off between SSFIV and AE was more like 75%(the last time I checked if you go from 1.6 million to 400k which is definitely outdated). The drop off from SFIV to SSFIV was more like 50%(from 3.1 million to 1.5 million).

I assume that he was talking about the drop off from SSFIV to AE which is definitely not optimal compared to the situation with SFIV and SSFIV.

LegatoB said:
Make sure you "release" the joystick and let it go back to the center/neutral position briefly after the cr. H, and then input the f. H. It doesn't have to be very long, but you should make sure the stick passes through neutral rather than df.

I started practicing that and it seems to work when I let it go into neutral. I have unlearn some bad habits quickly. thanks

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
fixed and basically.
Basically, Capcom would probably want Mahvel 3 to follow the Street Fighter IV curve.

Marvel vs Capcom 3- 2million+ sales(sales for first game)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3- 1million+ sales(50% attach rate for the upcoming game)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:pringles Edition- 500k+ sales(50% attach rate for the upcoming game unlike AE which was more like 30% attach rate coming from SSFIV).

Most people expect UMvC3 to sell more like Pringles edition which is probably a pretty bad scenario for Capcom. There it is a in a nutshell.

Giard

djplaeskool said:
Galactus mode is the bonus for having vanilla MvC3 data on the machine (IIRC from earlier in the thread)
I think it only unlocks faster if you have MvC3 data, but is still available in all copies. At least that's how I read it.

djplaeskool said:
The vast majority of people getting Ultimate know exactly what's in the package, and aren't looking for surprises, just the rebalance, new characters, and a new era of salt.
I'm getting it, I'm just kinda disappointed by the lack of new multi modes. Gonna be hard to convince my friends to buy this one.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
My one big disappointment is no replay ability. If it was an Arcade Edition-esque download I would begrudgingly download it. I can't think of anything else I'd really want besides a pie-in-the-sky youtube upload feature.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Put me down for "URLEY!" too!

The Capcom E-Store just sent me a shipping notification for the PS3 version, for delivery tomorrow.

Makes me wonder if I should cancel my Amazon pre-order for the 360 version and get it from Capcom too, lol.

Becquerel said:
Just for the record, are the AE sales used only the retail copies, or do they include the DLC sales?
DLC isn't counted in the NPD tracking as far as I know. DLC sales on the American side probably weren't very good and you already know about Japan.

I guess AE just didn't resonate with the masses the way SSFIV did.
Jintor said:
God fucking damn sephi, beat me to the punch :)
You were the urliest of all, Jintor.

Tobe

went to my local game seller and they dont even have the pirated game, yooo dubaiiiiiiiiii.
also sephi can you check how this dhc setup
storm/strange/hawkeye, combo into hail dhc to strange, then hakweye scatter shot, see if you can link the golden arrow. thus using 4 bars.

SolarPowered said:
Basically, Capcom would probably want Mahvel 3 to follow the Street Fighter IV curve.

Marvel vs Capcom 3- 2million+ sales(sales for first game)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3- 1million+ sales(50% attach rate for the upcoming game)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:pringles Edition- 500k+ sales(50% attach rate for the upcoming game unlike AE which was more like 30% attach rate coming from SSFIV).

Most people expect UMvC3 to sell more like Pringles edition which is probably a pretty bad scenario for Capcom. There it is a in a nutshell.

the sad thing is, I think 500k wolrdwide is pushing it. maybe lifetime but I cant see more than 300k being sold this side of christmas, with maybe an additional 100k sold in online stores like capcoms own.

Ultimoo said:
rocket raccoon trap hyper staying out on tag is odd.
ah shit
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
the sad thing is, I think 500k wolrdwide is pushing it. maybe lifetime but I cant see more than 300k being sold this side of christmas, with maybe an additional 100k sold in online stores like capcoms own.
We shall see.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Far as I can tell, you're already on it. Vergil ain't nothin.
How am I already on it? Vergil is one of the strongest characters on the new roster.

And if I get "blown up" for that, then a ton of other people get blown up for that too.

I mean you are the one to talk since you stated Wesker/Wolverine were gonna be mid tier in the game for vanilla.

rukland

I really need this game now, just dropped like 8 games to random people on line in vanilla I would rather be doing that in Ultimate ;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yo dahbomb you see the mashable hyper stuff with shuma? LOL He fucking recovers now while the other dude is still getting hit with like 4 balls. You know what that could mean right? :D

Also lol at chaos dimension 450k unblockable

Man this thread is moving fast. *reads through last 10 pages* Ahhh shit somone got it urley. Anyword on how many "CG" movies there are? Just less than 4 hours till Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom. I should take the trip to San Fran and beg Haunts to let me in lol.

Neki

Gunstarheroes said:
4 hours til we see what people got with the new roster. Praying for at least a couple of people to jump on the Phoenix bandwagon.
you must have not been watching vanilla if you want more people to jump on the phoenix bandwagon.

Jintor

Wait a second, what the dicks? Phoenix Wright X-factor'd J'ACCUSE on any level is an instant-kill for most of the cast?

Dahbomb said:
How am I already on it? Vergil is one of the strongest characters on the new roster.

And if I get "blown up" for that, then a ton of other people get blown up for that too.

I mean you are the one to talk since you stated Wesker/Wolverine were gonna be mid tier in the game for vanilla.
Wolverine? I said that Wesker wasn't as strong as people thought and I still don't. He can still be beaten by jumping a lot, and that's never going to change. YOu can even punish his godlike -1 launcher by chicken blocking. I don't remember talking about Wolverine past when Justin Wong first used him, where I said the sliding mixup was insane. Other than that it was just me trying to figure out how to beat berserker slash + tatsu with different assists.

And I don't think Vergil is bad. Just not godly.

Neki

God's Beard said:
Wolverine? I said that Wesker wasn't as strong as people thought and I still don't. He can still be beaten by jumping a lot, and that's never going to change. YOu can even punish his godlike -1 launcher by chicken blocking. I don't remember talking about Wolverine past when Justin Wong first used him, where I said the sliding mixup was insane. Other than that it was just me trying to figure out how to beat berserker slash + tatsu with different assists.

And I don't think Vergil is bad. Just not godly.

He's no Nemesis, I'll tell you that.

I almost forgot, can you listen to music in the XMB while playing? Theres nothing more I want then to listen to a sick playlist while training.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IntelliHeath said:
Yeah, RUSHED game. :(

I hope it do sell well so we can get third iteration with full of contents.

Or we can go three for three!

I wonder which will happen

lupinko said:
This post asked me to drop by since people were asking, so there you go.

Oh shit, thread is truly outrageous now!
jem%2B-%2Btruly%2Boutrageous.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Becquerel said:
Oh shit, thread is truly outrageous now!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kdDmd-pFTsE/TlKJc-7GaaI/AAAAAAAACGk/u5LFyPpogiw/s1600/jem%2B-%2Btruly%2Boutrageous.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
Jem going in on some dude in his late 30's prob giving a hand job off screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom