• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SolarPowered said:
Basically, Capcom would probably want Mahvel 3 to follow the Street Fighter IV curve.

Marvel vs Capcom 3- 2million+ sales(sales for first game)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3- 1million+ sales(50% attach rate for the upcoming game)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:pringles Edition- 500k+ sales(50% attach rate for the upcoming game unlike AE which was more like 30% attach rate coming from SSFIV).

Most people expect UMvC3 to sell more like Pringles edition which is probably a pretty bad scenario for Capcom. There it is a in a nutshell.

Considering how relatively feature light it is compare to SSFIV, yeah. Also the release window and timing is horrible. SSFIV launched in late spring while UMvC3 is launching during the holidays not even a full year after the initial game.

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:
Yo dahbomb you see the mashable hyper stuff with shuma? LOL He fucking recovers now while the other dude is still getting hit with like 4 balls. You know what that could mean right? :D

Also lol at chaos dimension 450k unblockable
Yeah I am glad I am not the only person who noticed. So many changes noticed in these videos that aren't listed in the changelog... mashables buffed Shuma indirectly

You can even punish his godlike -1 launcher by chicken blocking.
This IS true. Not many people know about this.

And I don't think Vergil is bad. Just not godly.
I never said Vergil was godlike (well I did but it was a joke)... in fact I think he is the 2nd best DMC character in the game. You should've read my posts in the previous thread... it would've made more sense as to what I really feel on Vergil.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Skilletor said:
I believe in Lupinko.
I do too, too bad people scared him away out of frustration and intolerance.

You will always be the 7th Mahvel god to me lupinko, after other recent inductees Wolverine and Jean.

Is the stream still on?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Yeah I am glad I am not the only person who noticed. So many changes noticed in these videos that aren't listed in the changelog... mashables buffed Shuma indirectly.
I might end up hitting the lab with shuma first. J.S relaunches, Test out follow ups with mashed hyper smash, and other things. The fact his gameplan goes around resets into throws and the throw drains meter is nice too.

Honesly I wonder if you can freaking chain mystic smashes together now

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SolarPowered said:
Damn, we gave them 2 million+ sales, man. How much more do we have to give? LOL

Cheap as fuck haha. We can't even get moving CG trailers anymore lol.

You gotta pass the test. Clearly MvC3 got an F

Dahbomb

OH SHIT LUPINKO IN THE HOUSE...

THIS THREAD IS NOW COMPLETE!

Never forget the Firebrand/Carnage/doujinshi fiasco.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sigh, you guys have the maturity of middle schoolers. How hard is it to drop something minor as fuck seriously. It's annoying as hell having the thread derailed by that bullshit specially when it's irrelevant as fuck specially at this point in time.

Dahbomb said:

LOL xD

Bizazedo

Where are people getting these AE sales #'s?

Playing Ranked on XBL I've seen people starting out with zero PP and be ranked in the 400k's.

This ignores others who've never entered ranked and doesn't include PS3.

Soooo, repeating 400k total for PS3 + XBL is really slanting the argument.

Dahbomb

Sales talk is BORING!

Sales didn't hinder MVC2 from being HYPE!

Mashable Hypers List with Damage Values

Shuma Gorath Hyper Mystic Smash – 258,100 – 335,000
Shuma Gorath Chaos Dimension – 350,000 – 435,000

Nova Gravametric Blaster (No Red Life) – 217,800 – 261,700
Nova Super Nova (No Red Life) – 237,000 – 283,000

Iron Fist Iron Rage – 244,200 – 293,300
Iron Fist Volcanic Roar – 261,700 – 313,900

Deadpool Happy Happy Trigger – 238,400 – 286,200

X-23 Rage Trigger – 245,400 – 294,600

Spider-Man Crawler Assault – 292,100 – 350,400
Spider-Man Ultimate Web Throw – 300,000 – 330,000

Ghost Rider Hellfire Maelstrom – 278,600 – 318,900

Rocket Raccoon Rock n’ Roll(?) – 246,800 – 288,800
Rocket Raccoon Incoming Lv3(?) – 370,000 – 448,000

Wolverine Berserker Barrage X – 286,200 – 343,600
Wolverine Fatal Claw – 302,100 – 362,500

Storm Hail Storm – 282,900 – 338,800
Storm Lightning Storm – 289,000 – 344,400

Sentinel Plasma Storm – 282,200 – 337,400

Magneto Magnetic Tempest – 236,600 – 302,600
Magneto Gravity Squeeze – 400,000 – 446,000

Captain America Hyper Charging Star – 274,100 – 328,800

Iron Man Proton Cannon – 251,900 – 302,600
Iron Man Iron Avenger – 430,000 – 454,000

Thor Lightning Tornado – 321,600 – 382,700

She-Hulk Taking out the Trash – 260,000 – 295,000

Doctor Strange Spell of Vishanti – 264,200 – 317,400
Doctor Strange Seven Rings – 300,000 – 360,000

Dormammu Chaotic Flame – 338,300 – 338,300 (Error in Video?)

Doctor Doom Photon Array Ground – 240,300 – 288,600
Doctor Doom Doom Time – 440,000 – 473,000

MODOK Killer Illumination – 300,000 – 372,000

Super Skrull Inferno – 284,100 – 340,400

Taskmaster Legion Arrow – 276,200 – 331,700

QisTopTier said:
Sigh, you guys have the maturity of middle schoolers.
YQHPU.png

It blows my mind how much Doom and Dormammu were buffed in this game. It's like Seth Killian wanted his own characters to be stronger so he told the team they were crap.

It makes me sad that She Hulk was nerfed as much as I hated fighting her, she was such a distinctly Marvel 3 character.

HK-47 said:
Or we can go three for three!

I wonder which will happen
It's like a game of Russian roulette where you've got three bullets in the chamber instead of one.
Dahbomb said:
Sales talk is BORING!

Sales didn't hinder MVC2 from being HYPE!
The damage on Dr.Strange's counter hyper is pretty sick. Dude has tons of potential with a meter building assist if you have the right team.

Enzo, remove any hint of Morrigan's minimum air dash height requirement changing. It's unchanged, and terrible.

OH SHIT LUPINKO IN THE HOUSE...

THIS THREAD IS NOW COMPLETE!

Meeeeemorieeeees!

Dahbomb

Seth plays Doom and Dorm? Yeah Dorm is like top 3 most improved character in UMVC3. Doom too of course but I say Dorm is more improved than Doom. Chris, Ryu, Captain America got improved a ton too among other characters.

where's ultimate norcal getting streamed at
IPW and I believe it goes up in 3-4 hours from now (if my time zones are correct).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
God's Beard said:
It blows my mind how much Doom and Dormammu were buffed in this game. It's like Seth Killian wanted his own characters to be stronger so he told the team they were crap.

It makes me sad that She Hulk was nerfed as much as I hated fighting her, she was such a distinctly Marvel 3 character.

They shouldn't nerf her that badly.

Just nerf her spammable cr.L, and reset glitch (only one of two.) Then she will be fine.

Dahbomb

Apparently getting Frank West to LVL5 is really easy...

Like Skrull Inferno DHC into Shopping Chart into Camera Shot.

Where are you guys watching the stream?

Dahbomb said:
Seth plays Doom and Dorm? Yeah Dorm is like top 3 most improved character in UMVC3.

IPW and I believe it goes up in 3 hours from now (if my time zones are correct).
Well he's always talking about Doom, and everytime someone mentions Richard Pryor you can hear him say "Dormammu I love you" kind of under his breath.

Dorm is definitely another distinctly Marvel 3 character. I'd throw Spencer and Amaterasu in there, too.

Dahbomb

Dante and Wesker too. It was their first outing and what a damn outing it was. (Talking about characters in MVC3)

I would argue that Viper is more Mahvel than SF. It's like SF4 was her beta test for MVC3.

Dante plays like a DMC character. I'll give you Wesker, but C.Viper is going to scream SNK in every game she's in.

Also, I don't think Seth liked Thor so much as he wanted to prove that he was a good character.

Dahbomb

DMC isn't a fighting game. :D He's distinct in that he's the embodiment of the stylish action game character in a fighting game. No other character plays like him.

I give you the SNK point though.

MODOK is cool too, love his mechanics.

sephi22

Yo Ugh.
My back is killing me and I'm sleepy, but no point sleeping now. Gonna stay up and watch dat Nocal vs Capcom.

Shoutouts to sp00ky. Streaming ain't easy.
Sorry for the quality. It was a webcam.

LakeEarth

Dahbomb said:
Seth plays Doom and Dorm? Yeah Dorm is like top 3 most improved character in UMVC3. Doom too of course but I say Dorm is more improved than Doom.
Hmm... what new character would fit in a Dorm/Doom team. Which new characters have a lockdown assist?

Yo Ugh.
My back is killing me and I'm sleepy, but no point sleeping now. Gonna stay up and watch dat Nocal vs Capcom.

I thought the quality was fine for a makeshift stream. Thanks for taking the time to show the game off a bit to everyone.

Dahbomb

What about Frank West? Who is he like in a FG?

And Dr Strange?

For those of you staying up... GET HYPED FOR NORCAL VS CAPCOM! Like seriously... get STUPID hyped for no reason. I have made my arrangements and adjusted my sleep schedule for this tournament....

Hmm... what new character would fit in a Dorm/Doom team. Which new characters have a lockdown assist?
Strange has a lock down assist... sort of.

QisTopTier said:
Everyone is a damn Jojo character to you. Trish is more Darkstalkers than Jojo's
No, it's just that I only comment on things that remind me of jojo's. ^_^

And Darkstalkers is as close to Jojo's as any other game out there, so it's not a big leap.

Dahbomb said:

And Dr Strange?

I dunno, TvC? And I've never used Strange.

LakeEarth said:

Strange?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sephi22 said:
Yo Ugh.

Is it archived at the link?

Also, can you post your general thoughts on everything related to the game thus far?

Dahbomb said:

Frank West is really out there... I can't really remember a character like him, though I have a terrible memory.
And no, he's pretty much totally unlike his TvC incarnation save the looks of a few normals.

Dr. Strange indeed I would put compare with Mu if anything, and Wright is kinda like Gen taken to the extreme.

Dahbomb

Enzo, remove any hint of Morrigan's minimum air dash height requirement changing. It's unchanged, and terrible.
That sucks. :(

Also I saw Iron Man in that Max mash video just before the main thing when he showed a bunch of footage... it definitely did NOT look good at all for him either. :(

Wright is Zappa from Guilty Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom