• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
He can gather the evidence rather quickly and easily. That's not the problem like I have been saying for quite some time. Well it IS a nuisance when you have toss away bad evidence but it's really not a big deal.

The problem is getting the Objection hit on the other character. It's basically like the Pipe, technically a very good move only it's attached to a character with low mobility/mix up options. The impressions of the guys playing said that once he had the evidence people just ran away from him so they didn't get hit by Objection. The strategy then has been to use another character to get the opening hit and potentially TAC/DHC into Wright for the Objection hit.

Pretty much once he gets into Turnabout mode he is insane there is no doubt about it. The plus side is that he at least has a timer on it so it's not Dark Phoenix broken.

But some of the evidence look like they could be really good zoning tools, like the knife and cell phone. Depending on how much they chip, he might be able to stay back with the right assists, make his opponent come to him, and combo into Objection! at his leisure. You can combo into it off an OTG assist so you don't have to rely on TAC/DHCs.

Grecco

Im not completely convinced it will be that hard, his seccond mode is good and has decent zoning possibilities leading to hit confirms into turnabout mode but we will see.

Dahbomb

But what if you don't GET the knife or cell phone? :p

His best bet to get a hit is to time a Maya call when the opponent is on full offensive mode. They hit Maya, you hit them. Maya is really good, probably his best tool because it protects around him not just front.

Dahbomb

How many total projectiles does he have?

I don't even care if I get blown up when/if Phoenix Wright ends up being like top tier. It's just like with Jean, the gimmick is so 50/50 and out of the basic fundamentals of the game that you can't make an educated guess. What I can say SAFELY say at this point is that he is NO Dark Phoenix.

Dahbomb said:

I don't even care if I get blown up when/if Phoenix Wright ends up being like top tier. It's just like with Jean, the gimmick is so 50/50 and out of the basic fundamentals of the game that you can't make an educated guess. What I can say SAFELY say at this point is that he is NO Dark Phoenix.
He has six, I believe.

Dahbomb said:

I remember knife (triple shot), photograph (beam), vase (arcing shot), cell phone, report file and wrist watch. I forgot which of them gets which, but there's the hovering ball, the quick fireball and the homing fireballs.

I think that's all of them.

Dahbomb

That's it? I really thought he had more than that.

In that case chances of getting a "good" projectile is pretty solid. You would actually need bad luck to get a bad combination of projectiles.

Cellphone is the Multilock, Knife is the triple shot, wristwatch is the single projectile, the vase is the arcing shot, the autopsy report is the projectile with the delayed explosion and the photo is the beam.

I think aside from the hovering fireball and the standard fireball, all of them are good, and the normal one is alright in conjunction with others, I suppose.

Dahbomb

By the way Sephi did you check Ryu's power up mode when he tags out? I hear he still bleeds out during this mode which is weird as hell.

Dahbomb

I swear to god if Phoenix Wright OCVs a team the stream chat and Marvel GAF is going to lose their shit.

I am still shaking from Captain America and Chris OCVs from the last Ultimate Norcal. I wonder who the dominant new characters are going to be this time... last time it was Hawkeye and Vergil.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
I swear to god if Phoenix Wright OCVs a team the stream chat and Marvel GAF is going to lose their shit.

I am still shaking from Captain America and Chris OCVs from the last Ultimate Norcal. I wonder who the dominant new characters are going to be this time... last time it was Hawkeye and Vergil.
It wont be firebrand.

Dahbomb said:

What's OCV?
Also Norcal 2 gonna start in about an hour, right?

Dahbomb

I think in the corner he can.

OCV = One character victory

It's something you see Wolverine do A LOT in vanilla MVC3. Dark Phoenix is the queen of reverse OCVs.

Soulstar

Now that all of the colors are out has anybody thought about color choices for your teams.

For the main team I'm thinking about going with:

umvc3_costumes_308_26057_640screen.jpg

umvc3_costumes_506_92589_640screen.jpg

9e1b6e6eee0afec4e50d37882a111035.jpg

Unfortunately they don't match up as well as I hoped but going all white or all dark would feel a bit too bland besides I can't resist that godlike Demitri alt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
Completely unrelated but I Got Next is on Hulu now http://www.hulu.com/watch/297036/i-got-next Watching it. The Mike Ross docummentary was good so im curious about this
I Got Next is awesome even though it doesn't really cover much. You really gotta care about the tournament personalities to enjoy it.

Also, Viper is officially a Mahvel character now, sorry SFIV. I mean I was eh on her in SFIV, but I can't go back from the Mahvel-ed up version. Everytime I watch SFIV, I keep wondering why she doesn't OTG Seismo xx [some cheap bullshit]. MarlinPie is an instrumental player in why MvC3 was so hype. Even at the end of the fucking Seasons Beatings exhibition, after he stopped practicing, he closed it out with the infinite. I said GOD DAMN.

Dahbomb said:
I think in the corner he can.

OCV = One character victory

It's something you see Wolverine do A LOT in vanilla MVC3. Dark Phoenix is the queen of reverse OCVs.

I know what one character victories are, I just wasn't able to put that abbreviation to anything.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
How much chip do Phoenix's turnabout projectiles do in lvl 3 x-factor?
A LOT!!! Like pretty much Dark Phoenix level chip. From the looks of it, Wright himself has stupidly high X factor bonuses (in Turnabout stance). On top of the fact that he can let rip two projectiles at once (like seamless continuity) in Turnabout and his damage is increased overall. And 0 frame LVL3 hyper that does 1.08 million damage in LVL1 XF.

At least he doesn't have 50/50 ambiguous teleport/trap mix ups and his Turnabout stance is time limited as well as de-activating upon usage of his LVL3.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
day 1 PSN will be Q getting exposed by me. spectator mode will make this victory 10x as good.
Day 1 I will be in training mode learning shit with firebrand and rocket. You mean day 2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Stop doing the team posts before I have the post I've been working on forever ready >:O

Also is there an Ultimate Norcal thread or are we gonna rock it out in here?

Dahbomb said:
A LOT!!! Like pretty much Dark Phoenix level chip. From the looks of it, Wright himself has stupidly high X factor bonuses (in Turnabout stance). On top of the fact that he can let rip two projectiles at once (like seamless continuity) in Turnabout and his damage is increased overall. And 0 frame LVL3 hyper that does 1.08 million damage in LVL1 XF.

At least he doesn't have 50/50 ambiguous teleport/trap mix ups and his Turnabout stance is time limited as well as de-activating upon usage of his LVL3.
So he won't have a ton of trouble with opening people up if he has a good air throw and chip damage in turnabout.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Yo enzo you should put that color chart post in the OT post. In the mean time anyone got a link to it?
It's too big, I'll be home but it'll be linked in OP, there's already a placeholder for it.

I hope I get home before Norcal vs. Capcom starts though :x

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
So he won't have a ton of trouble with opening people up if he has a good air throw and chip damage in turnabout.
In Turnabout mode no one should be able to touch him between the incessant projectile spam and full screen normals that do well over 600K meterless damage. Basically once he has 3 bars and Turnabout stance, you HAVE to hold up/back and either take the chip or burn XF. If Wright didn't have a timer on his Turnabout and had a teleport... he would be more broke than Dark Phoenix.

Think I'm going to pre-order at Best Buy so I can get the Skrull and Wesker alts. Also, I can just pick up the game on the way home from work, won't have to wait for UPS.

koryuken

Dahbomb said:
For me personally, no other character has gotten such a reversal in terms of anticipation and hype after reveal as Frank West.

I was pretty meh at his inclusion early on and thought he would just be a TVC port. After the reveal and learning more information on him, he is the most fun character out of the new cast and just as unique as Wright. My hype for Frank West in UMVC3 went up astronomically. I respect his inclusion even if he may not end up being that good in the long run (maybe we'll see).

By the way I just saw a Mugen Vergil video... and I saw some stuff in it that I think might be possible in UMVC3 too. It's truly a shame that Capcom didn't find a way to balance his SS without putting on an extra meter requirement on him, the stuff that Vergil can do from the formations is just crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd5kkzg43jU

Is this it?? he looks almost like his UMVC3 self.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
striKeVillain! said:
Think I'm going to pre-order at Best Buy so I can get the Skrull and Wesker alts. Also, I can just pick up the game on the way home from work, won't have to wait for UPS.
If it wasn't for Cyber Akuma and 90s Sent for that Nostalgia Factor, I would totally go with Best Buy.

Did they ever tell us what was so special about the Viper alt which they commissioned? So good.

QisTopTier said:
6179346343_36e00bd5c9.jpg

BEST COSTUME EVER
I kid
lol, so sad...I feel like Capcom cares more about the Marvel part of the cast than their own.

Also, Viper is officially a Mahvel character now, sorry SFIV. I mean I was eh on her in SFIV, but I can't go back from the Mahvel-ed up version. Everytime I watch SFIV, I keep wondering why she doesn't OTG Seismo xx [some cheap bullshit]. MarlinPie is an instrumental player in why MvC3 was so hype. Even at the end of the fucking Seasons Beatings exhibition, after he stopped practicing, he closed it out with the infinite. I said GOD DAMN.
I get annoyed every time I don't see C. Viper OTG launch after a throw in SFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom