• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarKnight said:
Niiiiiice, good to see that the DLC characters get alts for free.

It's no STARS Jill, but I really like her RE3 outfit so I'm not complaining. No idea what the hell Shuma's supposed to be though o_0

But it's the perfect Jill for the fight with Nemesis -- Nemesis is from RE3 so giving Jill the alt she had when she encountered him is BRILLIANT.

Plus, they can now charge for the RE1 Jill. :lol

kunonabi

Jill in her re3 duds is going to look retarded doing all those flips and crap. Should have just given her the robes and crap since they picked brainwashed Jill who doesn't represent normal Jill in any way,shape or form. Capcom really is stupid sometimes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lyte/sephi/anyone with it urley, could any of you guys make a video or something of the alts in motion or in the character viewer to get a better look?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
QisTopTier said:
Can I get a close up on dat shuma :D

Will take some better pics tomorrow if no one else has.

Grecco said:
Would you happen to have a Vanilla save?

Yeah...do you think this is a result of an MvC3 save and the DLC?

enzo_gt said:
Lyte/sephi/anyone with it urley, could any of you guys make a video or something of the alts in motion or in the character viewer to get a better look?

All I have is my iPhone and I wouldn't be able to do much with that in hand. I guess I could set the CPU on and let it fight itself?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lyte Edge said:
All I have is my iPhone and I wouldn't be able to do much with that in hand. I guess I could set the CPU on and let it fight itself?
Sounds like a plan!

I also think it's probably an MvC3 player bonus alongside unlocking Galactus selection early.

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah...do you think this is a result of an MvC3 save and the DLC?

Did you buy the alt costume pack? If you didn't, do you have the alts for Dante/Ryu/Chris/etc.?

Cause there's supposed to be a "bonus" for people with vanilla MvC3 save games.
But nobody ever confirmed what it was, I think?
And having Jill/Shuma alts shouldn't be the only thing, as not everyone bought them previously... nice bonus, but there should be more, I think?
Like the SSF4 11 and 12 colors for SF4 save.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Im pretty sure as long as you buy shuma or jill you get the outfits by default you think they are gonna sell a 1 character costume pack for both of them?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Im pretty sure as long as you buy shuma or jill you get the outfits by default you think they are gonna sell a 1 character costume pack for both of them?
Makes sense.

*edit* No it doesn't, math-wise. Wat.

50 characters
- 2 DLC alts
- 6 Vanilla alts
42 characters
- 12 pre-order pack alts
30 characters. You can't break that down into packs of 4, unless they go back to doing packs of 6.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Makes sense.

50 characters
- 2 DLC alts
- 6 Vanilla alts
42 characters
- 12 pre-order pack alts
30 characters. You can't break that down into packs of 4, unless they go back to doing packs of 6.
Ultra lame, PACKS OF 3

QisTopTier said:

That wasn't what I was getting at; one of the original rumours for the "bonus" for having an MvC3 save game was that you'd get the only existing costume pack for free... I was asking lyte edge if he'd could possibly test this (ie, having any of those 6 alts available without having previously purchased the unlock).

Sorry if I worded it poorly...

Now I'm really curious as to what the bonus for the MvC3 vanilla save state is.

enzo_gt said:
Makes sense.

Why?
Who knows how they'll sell the other packs. We have a 6-character and 3 4-character packs. They might sell another sixpack.

It doesn't make sense to add any of the DLC characters into a pack unless you sell them on their own (very unlikely to be bought) or together with a 4-character pack to make a sixpack, but then it should be priced like a 4-character pack (it's Capcom man).

Woah, I dig the Jill and Shuma alts. Jill's is perfect to fight Nemesis and it fits more with her new agile style. Shuma looks perfectly gross.

Yeah, RE3 Jill is perfect. ALMOST makes me want to pick her up.

That Shuma-Gorath....man, just picturing the win pose is freaking me out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
enzo_gt said:
I also think it's probably an MvC3 player bonus alongside unlocking Galactus selection early.

Yeah, could be.

corrosivefrost said:
Did you buy the alt costume pack? If you didn't, do you have the alts for Dante/Ryu/Chris/etc.?

Cause there's supposed to be a "bonus" for people with vanilla MvC3 save games.
But nobody ever confirmed what it was, I think?
And having Jill/Shuma alts shouldn't be the only thing, as not everyone bought them previously... nice bonus, but there should be more, I think?
Like the SSF4 11 and 12 colors for SF4 save.

I do have the MvC3 costume pack too.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure just buying Jill and Shuma nets you the extra costumes. Blazblue had something similar. Buying the 3 DLC characters included what would be considered "DLC colours" for the other characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
goldlion054 said:
time to write Amazon a letter telling them to refund me my $7
Yours shipped/card got charged already?

Doesn't Amazon.com have pre-order price guarantee/protection anyways?

SolarKnight said:
Hmm, does anyone with an early copy know how to check the disc's files? I wonder if we could find something interesting there.
I want this shit datamined now. 99% chance all the DLC costumes are on there. And if people could get Jill/Shuma semi-working, unlocking alt costumes shouldn't be too bad should it.

So we have Jill RE3 but she still have that chest device ?? doesn't make any sense :/
It's unrealistic to expect that it would be missing, since then all of her lines would need to be changed. Just think of it was Wesker playing dress-up with her for ol' times sakes.

enzo_gt said:
Yours shipped/card got charged already?

Doesn't Amazon.com have pre-order price guarantee/protection anyways?

Gotta dig through some emails, but I believe they charged me already

Edit: Apparently not. Madhukar was very helpful and solved all of my problems <3

ilMikhail said:
So we have Jill RE3 but she still have that chest device ?? doesn't make any sense :/

Since she has it doing shit in the animations (I remember it in the Lvl3), she actually does need it.

Also, what Karst says.

ilMikhail

Becquerel said:
Since she has it doing shit in the animations (I remember it in the Lvl3), she actually does need it.

Also, what Karst says.

yeah but looks very weird :/ hope to see better pics , and of course Jill RE3 vs Nemesis

I like the alt costume :) good choice by Capcom

crimzonflame said:
Is there a mission mode? Will there be new missions for the old characters?

Yep there is a mission mode. I am not sure, but I would imagine there would be new missions for old characters just to incorporate new/changed moves.

Anth0ny

Lyte Edge said:
Was messing around in the character viewer and noticed that Jill and Shuma-Gorath have their DLC outfits unlocked right from the start:
TWhqvl.jpg

Also got to play a whopping ONE match online. There's only 11 people listed on the ranked match board at the moment. The connection was awful (no bars), but we played anyway. Hopefully more people have it early by the weekend so the lobby system can be fully-tested.

Something annoying I noticed in arcade is that the game will stutter in the beginning of the match. MvC3 did not do this; I'm hoping this was a result of fight request being turned on.

Oh shit RE3 Jill nice!

Now where's my
waifu
RE1 Jill?

Lyte Edge said:
Something annoying I noticed in arcade is that the game will stutter in the beginning of the match. MvC3 did not do this; I'm hoping this was a result of fight request being turned on.

I recall that being the case in vanilla, but it's been so long that I couldn't say for certain.

The RE3 costume fits better with the character considering Nemesis' inclusion in the roster, but it should have come after the RE1/MvC2 alt. People have been pretty down on the character from the start thanks to the Wesker sex slave outfit (i.e. the outfit that most people don't take seriously) and the recent talk about nerfs(I know it is mostly related to mad beast shenanigans, but most people won't see that) just makes people even more wary of buying her. The old Jill coming back for a new game was just the boost she needed in order to get fans interested and it seems like they lost a prime opportunity in order to try and cash in on an alt that no one will care about in five or six months(because no one bought the character again).

It seems backwards, but it is their money. The alt does look nice aside from the mind control device too.

SolarPowered said:
The RE3 costume fits better with the character considering Nemesis' inclusion in the roster, but it should have come after the RE1/MvC2 alt. People have been pretty down on the character from the start thanks to the Wesker sex slave outfit (i.e. the outfit that most people don't take seriously) and the recent talk about nerfs(I know it is mostly related to mad beast shenanigans, but most people won't see that) just makes people even more wary of buying her. The old Jill coming back for a new game was just the boost she needed in order to get fans interested and it seems like they lost a prime opportunity in order to try and cash in on an alt that no one will care about in five or six months(because no one bought the character again).

It seems backwards, but it is their money. The alt does look nice aside from the mind control device too.

I hope they're gonna come out with other alts.

To be frank, in SF4, I really couldn't care less, but so far all the MvC alts I've seen were pretty awesome. I really like RE3 Jill and weird-ass Thanos Imperative Shuma, and it appears I'll get them for free, so no complaints from me for that. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom