• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaijima said:
Thanks for the even more detailed replies everyone. I'm intrigued that Firebrand is considered possible top anchor material, as I was going to pick him up first among the new cast. Hmm...

IMHO I am not convinced by him as an anchor...... he is likely to end up like Doom/Morrigan as someone that has a horrible ground game and will have to rely on attacking from the air, and that probably means he will have huge problems opening people up without an assist to pin his opponents to the ground. This is an issue those thinking of playing Doom as an anchor don't seem to realize too.

Kadey said:
I'm asking you guys now.

Stream settings.

720p at 30-40fps

600p at 61fps

It's up to you guys. Bear in mind that whoever has watched my stream in the last week or so, I am using the latter settings. I do prefer the higher framerate to res as the window is much too small to actually take true advantage of the higher res.

The answer should be very obvious.

scytheavatar said:
IMHO I am not convinced by him as an anchor...... he is likely to end up like Doom/Morrigan as someone that has a horrible ground game and will have to rely on attacking from the air, and that probably means he will have huge problems opening people up without an assist to pin his opponents to the ground. This is an issue those thinking of playing Doom as an anchor don't seem to realize too.

Doom is actually a pretty solid anchor, and his ground game is not as bad as you seem to think, quite the contrary. Same goes for Firebrand.

Kadey said:
I'm asking you guys now.

Stream settings.

720p at 30-40fps

600p at 61fps

It's up to you guys. Bear in mind that whoever has watched my stream in the last week or so, I am using the latter settings. I do prefer the higher framerate to res as the window is much too small to actually take true advantage of the higher res.

Second plz :3

Are you streaming XBL or both for Ultimate?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
I'm asking you guys now.

Stream settings.

720p at 30-40fps

600p at 61fps

Your stream quality is gatlike.

Grecco

Kadey said:
I'm asking you guys now.

Stream settings.

720p at 30-40fps

600p at 61fps

Dahbomb

Doom is anchor proven as it is....

Firebrand with 4 bars and XF can open up anything in the game. Having a high priority dive kick is huge in the anchor battles as well as being able to combo off of air throws.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. 61fps it is.

Who is interested in a bingo type tournament? There will be a set of matches every week until the end of the year. Once you use a character for a week, you cannot use them again for the remainder of the tournament. So you have to pick different characters every week. Only one player will remain and win something.

Well I still feel that getting a combo is still better than just a single hyper which is what everyone can do now anyway. Like if you have X factor on deck you can just air throw and kill them without even spending meter which is a huge boost. Some characters can do this way easier than others (like Vergil has an insanely superior air throw game to Dante who needs to be at a particular height and needs to do like a frame link into OTG Twister to just do a hyper off of air throw).
Fair enough.

There are some characters who are versatile enough to play all 3 slots. Firebrand is one of them although I still would rate him better as 2nd/anchor character than point.
Firebrand is a masterful anchor, but the execution required to actually use him at that level makes C. Viper look like a beginner's character. I prefer him on point.

I'm asking you guys now.

Stream settings.

720p at 30-40fps

600p at 61fps
I value FPS over resolution, personally.

I'm betting 90% of the people picking up firebrand are going to drop him by the end of the month xD
90% of online Dantes still do Air Trick into j.S spam; I don't think Firebrand being hard to play will stop people, especially since those interested in him are going to be dedicated to the character conceptually. Maybe you'll be right, though.

Who is interested in a bingo type tournament? There will be a set of matches every week until the end of the year. Once you use a character for a week, you cannot use them again for the remainder of the tournament. So you have to pick different characters every week. Only one player will remain and win something.
It would be fun, but not using Dormammu sounds scary...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
I'm betting 90% of the people picking up firebrand are going to drop him by the end of the month xD
So what that's like 9 people?

Kadey said:
Okay. 61fps it is.

Sounds nifty and unique. FOR.

Come to think of it, expect lots of salt for using characters people hate playing.

Ugh... none of my new avatars can match up to my old one.

dammit
Dahbomb said:
If you rate the new characters on that list... at least 8 of them are above 30 and at least 5 of them are above 35.
I am not suprised by this at all. At least half of them straddled the line between A and S tier when I first saw them and at least three of them will be a part of S tier come UMvC3.
Kadey said:
Okay. 61fps it is.

I'm up for anything.

shaowebb

sigh...Gamestop still has the guide street dated for today. No Gamestops received the guide. They will be getting them in later and likely that means launch next tuesday for my guide. No urley for me I guess. I wanna see if the guide has anything on Heroes/Heralds for a preview of all the cards.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey said:
Okay. 61fps it is.

Something like that should be fun for who ever is involved :p

Also, something I want to note. I usually tend to pick high execution characters whenever I start out (I started with Viper and Gen in vanilla SF4, and stuck with trying to make Viper work since then but also Dhalsim; in MvC3, one of my first teams was Viper and Skrull, and Doom was the very first character I picked up when getting the game).
While I sometimes drop them just to get a breeze of fresh air, I always come back to them. I will try to play Firebrand, and I will definitely try picking up Viper and Doom again - I might actually even make them into a team, who knows.

Kadey said:

Definitely would love to join that, I'm a sucker for playing random characters without any reason, haha.
Maybe have, additionally, 1 single character the person is allowed to use throughout the tournament, but not allowed to switch? Like a joker. So, if I say my joker is Skrull, I'm allowed to use Skrull whenever I want during that tournament (I can use only random team as well though), but I can't change that character after proclaiming I would use Skrull.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
sigh...Gamestop still has the guide street dated for today. No Gamestops received the guide. They will be getting them in later and likely that means launch next tuesday for my guide. No urley for me I guess. I wanna see if the guide has anything on Heroes/Heralds for a preview of all the cards.
I ordered it from Amazon.ca, still no release date even though I know for sure it comes out on launch/before here. I'm gonna get UMvC3 like a week after release cause I bundled the guide with it, so if I don't get my guide and I still get my game late, ima be pissed.

Azure J

What would be the over-under on getting in on those tournaments Kadey? Also, are players scrubbier than a scrub's Brillo pad invited? :lol

Edit: Fuuuu I forgot about getting the guide again. Gotta make sure I grab that soon.

Kadey said:
Okay. 61fps it is.

This sounds like fun. I'm game if you want to set this up

By the way, might as well ask you guys.

Who would be a good admin to PM for a nick change? I'm currently trying to unify all my internet representations into one single nick (or slight variations of it), thus I would love my GAF-nick being changed accordingly.

Becquerel said:

Who would be a good admin to PM for a nick change? I'm currently trying to unify all my internet representations into one single nick (or slight variations of it), thus I would love my GAF-nick being changed accordingly.
Hitokage did my change in a jiffy.

Also, testifying to the fact that the Point One issue for the most part was horrible. X-terminators, Scarlet Spider, Strange and the Uatu story look interesting.

Becquerel said:

Yeah, I was wondering this, too.

Kadey said:
I'm asking you guys now.

Stream settings.

720p at 30-40fps

600p at 61fps

600p at 61fps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom