• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tobe1 said:
wait another hsienko player?! damn solar is not alone
Lol I'm not a Hsien-Ko player anymore.
GuardianE said:
Why does she have to be such a tease? :(
Cuz you are a dirty old man and she isn't gonna give you what you want.
Dahbomb said:
Her assist is still S tier. Zoning focus would mean she survives battles longer.

Oh and in before Seth's "But this is a team game and not everyone should be good on point when you have a good assist".
Gold pendulum was not S tier in vanilla and it won't be S tier in UMvC3.
biosnake20 said:
I still dont get why they didnt buff morrigan, hsien ko, tron, and arthur more. They got more nerfs than buffs in some cases lol.
No one uses them and no one cares.

Dahbomb

Morrigan they did a solid job with the buffs but totally overlooked her once they implemented the air dash change. So it's like they are back to where they started unless the guy in the SRK thread is right about what he is hinting about her.

Arthur is also fairly buffed. Having an invincible close quarter move and essentially an OTG dive kick that hits overhead are going to help him A LOT. He still needed no more hard knockdown after gold armor or replenishable gold armor but these buffs definitely move him out of worst character tier.

Hsien Ko I just shake my head at. Her buffs are to her close ranged/combo game which definitely needed tweaking but the main faults to her game play ie mobility are still there. Hey at least she is the only character with a completely invincible assist.. OH WAIT!!!!

Gold pendulum was not S tier in vanilla and it won't be S tier in UMvC3.
It was but no one really used it outside LLND. Shuts down Wolverine offense so bad and actually makes zoning style team viable. Great for mix ups as well. Too bad it was attached to a bottom 3 character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Morrigan they did a solid job with the buffs but totally overlooked her once they implemented the air dash change.

Arthur is also fairly buffed. Having an invincible close quarter move and essentially an OTG dive kick that hits overhead are going to help him A LOT. He still needed no more hard knockdown after gold armor or replenishable gold armor but these buffs definitely move him out of worst character tier.

Hsien Ko I just shake my head at. Her buffs are to her close ranged/combo game which definitely needed tweaking but the main faults to her game play ie mobility are still there. Hey at least she is the only character with a completely invincible assist.. OH WAIT!!!!
Honestly I dont even use gold armor for arthur unless he's xfactor 3. He's better outside of it besides trapping with firebottle

enzo_gt said:
What is "chain combo archetype" referring to? That's a jumble of terms right there.

Characters are grouped into what type of chain series they can perform. I forgot what the specific groups are, but characters like X-23 and Morrigan can do a combo that goes c.L,s.L,c.M,s.M,H and that is called a special series. Hulk can't do that series and is grouped into another series.

All that info is in the first part of the original guide too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Moar:
http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-uni...2ca98218d3c73e53e1df585b1b483528.jpg?v=229800

GekigangerV said:
Characters are grouped into what type of chain series they can perform. I forgot what the specific groups are, but characters like X-23 and Morrigan can do a combo that goes c.L,s.L,c.M,s.M,H and that is called a special series. Hulk can't do that series and is grouped into another series.

All that info is in the first part of the original guide too.
Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Never got a chance to buy the old guide :(

Masamuna

kirblar said:
It sorta feels like Iron Fist needs to be in Defense-mode until he can get in, hit a rekka->crumple->Red Chi. His HP makes a lot more sense now that we know he essentially has another 20-25% virtual health available.

I agree, but also consider that the only times he'll land the crumple will be after hitconfirm or if they block standing during rekka mixups. If they eat the overhead or if he's getting damage off of a2a and airthrows he won't be able to get the crumple since they're airborne (unless something has changed compared to vanilla). Hopefully jump cancel reps and his other options will make this a non issue though.

I'm disappointed that that's all blu chi does, but giving him enough of a DEF bonus that it may equate to 1.1k health is better than nothing.

Dahbomb

Gegz said:
Yep. Need to see frame data of his special moves. I think the H needs to be cancelled with teleport.
He has chainable L's though and his L's and M's are pretty much safe on block.

Man Vergil's frames are going to be grating to see... Even his L's are like unsafe but that doesn't matter because he got HSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH.

Mupod

Tobe1 said:
who is strange's dlc costume supposed to be?

Ds178.jpg

Damn, I want that guide right now.
Dahbomb said:
LOL -12 launcher for Strider. That is Iron Man levels bad.
Iron Man's is -13 and it's range is turrible on the ground. Morrigan and Hsien-Ko are both -12 too.
SmithnCo said:
Oh damn, DLC costumes. Someone scan that shit, lol.
Posting them on GAF will get people banned.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck. This thread is already moving at probably 70% of the MvC3 OT's speed pre-release, alt costume news + Max delivering the crack + people getting it urley + likely day 0 DLC announcement is gonna kick the hype into top gear.

Grecco said:
We need Zeros DLC guide page stat. Is Honzo Gonzo legit or is he fraud.
Come to think of it, Honzo just probably got an early peek at the guide.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
Damn, I want that guide right now.

Iron Man's is -13 and it's range is turrible on the ground. Morrigan and Hsien-Ko are both -12 too.
Strider's range is bad too. Just ask Max. Like if you are doing cr. magic series.... sometimes you are pushed out of range for the launcher to hit. That's Iron Man level bad.

Didn't know about Morrigan and Hsien Ko launcher frames... Iron Man is the character I play with the worst launcher but I guess other characters have it just as bad too.

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
Fuck. This thread is already moving at probably 70% of the MvC3 OT's speed pre-release, alt costume news + Max delivering the crack + people getting it urley + likely day 0 DLC announcement is gonna kick the hype into top gear.

Come to think of it, Honzo just probably got an early peek at the guide.

Wouldnt be a suprise, Fanatiq had it too in his video. (Which i want to know about that Sentinel thing.

Dahbomb

Yeah Fanatiq was studying the guide all hardcore on the Sentinel page and READ OUT LOUD the exact frames in which Sentinel's cr.M has super armor on (it's 3 hits of super armor).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
SEPHI! What is DLC costume for Phoenix Wright?! O_O

I remembered that you got the guide itself :)
He did? When did he say that?

He just posted the picture that Seth tweeted out.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah Fanatiq was studying the guide all hardcore on the Sentinel page and READ OUT LOUD the exact frames in which Sentinel's cr.M has super armor on (it's 3 hits of super armor).
I have a feeling Fanatiq worked on the guide. A lot of people probably did they were just too busy to make a big deal about it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
QisTopTier said:
Honestly I dont even use gold armor for arthur unless he's xfactor 3. He's better outside of it besides trapping with firebottle

Yup, I get the idea this is a common mistake people made with Arthur: assuming, as with other characters, his "buff" state was the goal to get into. The Gold Armor is more of a situational power up that shouldn't be fired off at the wrong time / wrong matchup.

That's why his specific buffs here are so important. They more or less complete him in the normal state. While Dahbomb does have points about Gold Armor's knockdown state, I do wonder if he would be broken if he could "easily" keep himself in Gold Armor.

Anth0ny said:
Edgeworth for Phoenix Wright DLC costume leggggoooooooo

He's already in the alt colors.

There's 2 possibilities: Apollo Justice or Hobo Phoenix. Most likely with Trucy color scheme on Maya. If not Trucy being in there generally.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SolarPowered said:
Cuz you are a dirty old man and she isn't gonna give you what you want.

*sob* Oh God, it's true... wait, isn't Morrigan, like 1000's of years old?

Gunstarheroes said:
WE NEED HOBO WRIGHT ALT, AND QUICK! IF CAPCOM SHINES THERE LIGHT ON US, THIS WILL BE THE TRUTH

This. SO much this. I would buy that DLC in a heartbeat.

Dahbomb

Kaijima said:
That's why his specific buffs here are so important. They more or less complete him in the normal state. While Dahbomb does have points about Gold Armor's knockdown state, I do wonder if he would be broken if he could "easily" keep himself in Gold Armor.
LOL.... no. That's like saying if Hsien Ko would be broken if she had cancellable pendulum. For someone to be broken in MVC3 they have to top Phoenix.

Korigama

Red Arremer said:
He's already in the alt colors.

There's 2 possibilities: Apollo Justice or Hobo Phoenix. Most likely with Trucy color scheme on Maya. If not Trucy being in there generally.
Actually, I'd say that Feenie Nick (pink sweater with the heart on it) and Dahlia would be more likely than Apollo Justice, with Hobo Nick and Trucy being the other likely choice. Hoping to find out soon, either way.

SmithnCo

Anth0ny said:
Edgeworth for Phoenix Wright DLC costume leggggoooooooo

I'm hoping for his Apollo Justice clothes. I wonder if Maya will get an alt too.

Pink sweater might be problematic because it changes based on regions.

Korigama said:
Actually, I'd say that Feenie Nick (pink sweater with the heart on it) and Dahlia would be more likely than Apollo Justice, with Hobo Nick and Trucy being the other likely choice.

Right, totally forgot about that version, haha. Though they'd have to add the mask to the sneezing animation, not sure if they'd do that.

Korigama

Red Arremer said:
Right, totally forgot about that version, haha. Though they'd have to add the mask to the sneezing animation, not sure if they'd do that.
They would, yeah. I would be amused if they went through the trouble of accounting for that.
SmithnCo said:
I'm hoping for his Apollo Justice clothes. I wonder if Maya will get an alt too.

Pink sweater might be problematic because it changes based on regions.
Though DLC is region-locked, this is another factor.

For anyone who hasn't played the games:

Ace Attorney: the heart has a P in the center (Phoenix Wright)
Gyakuten Saiban: the heart has Ryu in the center (Ryuichi Naruhodo)

I was really pulling for Dr. Strange to get his New Avengers outfit. It's just a suit, and it looks awesome!

The one he got just doesn't look different enough.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Banana Kid said:
I was really pulling for Dr. Strange to get his New Avengers outfit. It's just a suit, and it looks awesome!

The one he got just doesn't look different enough.

That made me concerned that they might be lazy with dlc costumes. It might not be that huge different as we hope it to be.

For example,

New Iron Fist
Old Rocket Raccoon
Bum Phoenix Wright
Udon Taskmaster
Classic Spencer

Due to hitbox or something like that.

Man, these DLC costumes are awesome as fuck, but I don't see myself paying for them at all unless they are on discount thanks to the no alternate colors rule...
Kaijima said:
Yup, I get the idea this is a common mistake people made with Arthur: assuming, as with other characters, his "buff" state was the goal to get into. The Gold Armor is more of a situational power up that shouldn't be fired off at the wrong time / wrong matchup.

Is gold armor Arthur even that good? I know he is a step above regular Arthur, but I don't see how he could be GREAT with an easy way to keep his armor on regularly.
Dahbomb said:
It was but no one really used it outside LLND. Shuts down Wolverine offense so bad and actually makes zoning style team viable. Great for mix ups as well. Too bad it was attached to a bottom 3 character.
An S tier tool cannot go through MvC3's life without being exploited by more than a handful of people(the only exception being Spencer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom