• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Let's talk worst case scenario:
If we don't get UDON Taskmaster and the modern Iron Fist costume, what will they give them instead?

Like every other fanservice-based thing in video game, I expect a lot of really good choices and a lot of massive disappointments from the alts.

enzo_gt said:
If we don't get UDON Taskmaster and the modern Iron Fist costume, what will they give them instead?

Like every other fanservice-based thing in video game, I expect a lot of really good choices and a lot of massive disappointments from the alts.
Very few Marvel DLC costumes will disappoint. Prepare for DOOM on the Capcom side though.

Mupod

enzo_gt said:

They'll just stick giant rope knots on their backs.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
Very few Marvel DLC costumes will disappoint. Prepare for DOOM on the Capcom side though.
Except for the DMC and RE costumes of course.

Corrupt Vergil with Nelo Angelo is going to be BOSS as fuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I can already taste the salt. Preparing myself for influx of posters who aren't buying UMvC3 anyways (no offense :p) just for the MMX factory/warehouse salt.

Dahbomb said:
Except for the DMC and RE costumes of course.

Corrupt Vergil with Nelo Angelo is going to be BOSS as fuck.
of course
enzo_gt said:
I can already taste the salt. Preparing myself for influx of posters who aren't buying UMvC3 anyways (no offense :p) just for the MMX factory/warehouse salt.
Approved by Chris Hu.

Dahbomb

An S tier tool cannot go through MvC3's life without being exploited by more than a handful of people(the only exception being Spencer).
So Viper's EX Seismo isn't an S tier tool because only 3 people use it?
Watch Vergil get a Dante reskin.
But he already has a Dante alt... and vice versa.

You know what? Every single character should get some form of Megaman alt. If not a full costume, then just a part of his many outfits.

Make it happen, Capcom!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Professor Beef said:
You know what? Every single character should get some form of Megaman alt. If not a full costume, then just a part of his many outfits.

Make it happen, Capcom!

I feel like Capcom of America would not be left standing the day after announcement.

Azure J

Professor Beef said:

Make it happen, Capcom!

I remember watching Phoenix Wright looking for evidence in Ultimate NorCal 2 and when he picked up the Servbot as junk I thought it was Megaman.EXE's helmet due to me watching in the low quality mode. I was sooooo ready to laugh and cry at the same time. :lol

enzo_gt said:

UDON is pretty much the only real alternative look for Task apart from one-offs like the deadpool costume. It's gotta be that if they're not going for another character for the alt (Moon Knight?). Iron Fist, they could give him the Fear Itself costume for example.
Do you guys think they're doing new DLC alts for the characters that already got them in vanilla?

Dahbomb

People got STUPID hype for Wright in that tournament.

Like there was a match off stream where someone landed the LVL3 and the crowd went ballistic.

TDLink

enzo_gt said:

For Iron Fist they could give us the World War Iron Fist, Orson Randall.

Iron%20Fist%20Orson%20Randall%20copie.jpg

Dahbomb said:
So Viper's EX Seismo isn't an S tier tool because only 3 people use it?
It is a unique S tier tool unlike anything else in the game as far as I can tell. It wasn't needed to win EVO at the time, but it is still an S tier tool. Haggar and Tron both do the same damned thing that gold pendulum does, but without the needed setup and Hsien-Ko is vulnerable to unscaled damage to boot.

Her gold pendulum doesn't get any better in UMvC3 too thanks to the decreased meter gain. Also, Phoenix Wright brings more to the table pointwise and assistwise compared to Hsien-Ko.

It might've been an S tier assist if it were attached to a better character.

GuardianE said:
I feel like Capcom of America would not be left standing the day after announcement.
Just imagine it:

Frank throwing Megamans instead of zombies
Wright's "Hidden Missile" assist turns into Rush
Vergil's sword turns into Sigma's (in looks only)
Dante shoots pellets similar in look to the Mega Buster
Shuma, instead of shooting eyeballs, shoots those Hard Hat enemies

Oh god, I'm getting too excited over this.

Dahbomb

You can still punish Tron and Haggar but it's quite difficult. With Hsien Ko, if you are using her smartly and not abusing assist from full screen away, you will rarely get punished for it and she will beat out anything. People get too assist happy with Hsien Ko and get reckless.

The power up is the catch just like losing life on Haggar is a catch. With the 2 nerfs on Haggar's assist plus Tron assist pretty much being a non-factor now... Hsien Ko's assist is definitely in the S tier category. It would've been a genuinely unique tool (Haggar can be interrupted on start up now) were it not for Wright's Turnabout assist...

Character is ass no doubt but if a tool like this was on ANY OTHER character they would've been no less than high tier.

Plugging Max' Capcom changelog video again for those who missed it.
Dahbomb said:
You can still punish Tron and Haggar but it's quite difficult. With Hsien Ko, if you are using her smartly and not abusing assist from full screen away, you will rarely get punished for it and she will beat out anything. People get too assist happy with Hsien Ko and get reckless.

The power up is the catch just like losing life on Haggar is a catch. With the 2 nerfs on Haggar's assist plus Tron assist pretty much being a non-factor now... Hsien Ko's assist is definitely in the S tier category. It would've been a genuinely unique tool (Haggar can be interrupted on start up now) were it not for Wright's Turnabout assist...

Character is ass no doubt but if a tool like this was on ANY OTHER character they would've been no less than high tier.
Yeah, it's not good enough to make up for her garbage status, but it would be a godlike assist on a character that is at least upper mid tier.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I really want to mess with arthur now. New J.S is so fucking awesome. If you mained him at all you can see the new possibilities, it helps him in so many ways, not even attacking with it. The fact he has a fast drop move is awesome.

Grecco

Korigama said:
Is it already known whether there's still space for only three preset teams, or if it's been increased?

3 only yeah i think it sucks too

I kinda hope you can change the layout of the ui. But i doub it

its

Assist 2
Pont
Assist 1 right now if im not mistaken..... i hope they at least let me move it to A1/P/A2

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
QisTopTier said:
I really want to mess with arthur now. New J.S is so fucking awesome. If you mained him at all you can see the new possibilities, it helps him in so many ways, not even attacking with it. The fact he has a fast drop move is awesome.

Weird thing that he didn't mention j.S can otg.

Dahbomb

Dante impressions from SRK:

OK, here we goooooo.

Dante got hit pretty hard, a lot of stuff is gone or nerfed.

- Regular BnB timing is hard as fuck. I am doing blabla stinger>volcano>J.H>Airplay>Launch>Prop to get it to work. With 5H>5S, it's REALLY HARD. I ended up sticking with stinger>volcano>jmh>Killer Bee>S>Charge Shots>Prop for a consistent BnB
- Meter nerf gain affects quite a bit.
- Cold Shower has hitstun deterioration past a certain point. Regular BnBs worked perfectly but Zero combo>Devil trigger DHC would drop at the cold shower part. Might be possible with 2 hit cold shower though.
- Killer Bee trajectory changed. In vanilla, Stinger>volcano>J.H>Killer bee worked. In UmVC3 you have to do J.M>J.H Killer bee.
+Acid rain is REALLY good for controlling space. The faster ease of input changes a lot. If anyone tries to SJ on you, acid rain into mixups is really good.
- Acid rain floats less. Could only get 3 reps with the simplified input
- Shot loops are gone
+/- Hammer invincibility still there but decreased. I was hammering through shit and getting hit a lot of time. Probably not frame 1 invincible, looks to be invincible from frame 4-up. STILL A VERY STRONG MOVE
- Pushback and hitstun on his normals greatly decreased
- Anti airing(biggest nerf to dante IMO) is pretty much GONE. At a certain height, the S.L>M>H DOESNT WORK, and that height isn't that high. Looks like S.M and H have been made slower
- Volcano>JH>Airplay>JH> Killer Bee>5H>5S follow up to hammer GONE because of increased pushback on normals and killer bee trajectory
+/- JetStream still works perfectly, nerf was a rumor.
+ ASSIST EXTENSIONS STILL IN, HELLZ YEAH. I managed to do Cold Shower>Stinger>Zero>Acid Rain x 2.

Still incredibly strong, the anti airing just doesn't work as well.

ShadowNinja64 said:
He mentioned it, but he didn't show it off. IntelliHeath is deaf, so it's understandable he didn't realize that.

Yea, I was being puzzled a bit and tried to figure out how he'd watch the video without sound, but then realized that Max usually shows off all of the changes.
Sorry Intelli!

Mit-

So they removed Dante's bullshit and he's just a good character now. yay :)

Also there's no way Sentinel has that 3 points of armor bullshit. Didn't Max confirm this in his changelog videos? I hope the guide doesn't have Day 1 outdated information again...

Also FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I want to see those DLC costumes. I work at GameStop. I work tomorrow. I won't be able to buy the guide, but if we get them in stock, I'll check them out in the back. I must see if we got classic Spencer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TDLink said:
For Iron Fist they could give us the World War Iron Fist, Orson Randall.

Iron%20Fist%20Orson%20Randall%20copie.jpg
How could I be so dumb? I forgot about all the other 32 Iron Fists. I HAVE SHAMED YOU, LEI-SHAOWEBB. The Indian looking Iron Fist is the one I want now :D

Bummed that I recently moved out to Vegas for about half a month - but checked SRK and there seems to be several weekly (Tuesday and Friday) casuals and tournaments. Not feeling so bummed anymore about not being in SoCal.

Dahbomb said:
Dante impressions from SRK:

I was saying the moment I first played Dante at EVO that he felt -way- different.

He'll still be strong, but who gives a shit. Most people will move on from Dante anyways with other lucrative characters to take his spot. I'm not dealing with Dante's nerfs. Call it laziness or whatever. Wesker, Vergil/Nova, Trish it is.

Azure J

~Devil Trigger~ said:

Holy shit the salt is flooooooowing with this video:

The bastards bitch ass developers who buffed Doom, Zero, Spencer, Wesker, yet nerfed the fuck out of Tron, Morrigan, Jean, Iron Man, Jill (Why? I mean really, why?) can suck the proverbial COCK.

Bunch of bullshit. That's ok, because while overused punk-ass Wesker may have won Evo, DOOM will NEVER win a grand final ANYTHING, fucking bastard.

Untechable knockdown "Footdive" that, bitch.

Ridiculous.

Oh, add "Hulk Smash" to that bullshit ass Buffed list.

Dahbomb

Mit- said:
So they removed Dante's bullshit and he's just a good character now. yay :)
No... they nerfed his combos and absurd anti-air range on normals but he's still godlike. Even Hammer is still damn good.

Also there's no way Sentinel has that 3 points of armor bullshit. Didn't Max confirm this in his changelog videos? I hope the guide doesn't have Day 1 outdated information again...
Max is only going over the changes listed in Capcom's changelog. There are a ton of changes in the game that aren't listed in that changelog but Max isn't going over the unlisted stuff (unless he finds them himself like Doom/Storm/Sentinel faster speed in the air and faster flight cancels). Sentinel 3 hit armor on cr.M is one of these changes that has been suspected for quite some time now and recently got highlighted by Fanatiq as he read it from the UMVC3 guide (assuming this is true and he isn't full time trolling us).

TDLink

enzo_gt said:
How could I be so dumb? I forgot about all the other 32 Iron Fists. I HAVE SHAMED YOU, LEI-SHAOWEBB. The Indian looking Iron Fist is the one I want now :D

That's true but other than Orson Randall there aren't many of them that are similar body size and gender to Danny Rand. I doubt we'll get alt costumes that are radically different in size and shape.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TDLink said:
That's true but other than Orson Randall there aren't many of them that are similar body size and gender to Danny Rand. I doubt we'll get alt costumes that are radically different in size and shape.
Some are I agree...

...but not this sexy motherfucker!

2024263-untitled.png

Also, I didn't know Iron Fist was in MUA2, say what?

1364473-images.jpg

(Bei Bang Wen alt from ComicVine)

Azure J

SolarPowered said:
They fulfill their job just fine without OTG's.

At least Morrigan does.

Gotta admit though, Morrigan's downward angle aerial Soul Fist or her f.H getting OTG properties would have been pretty damn cool. Hsien-Ko, man that's a road we've been down thousands of times already. (I'd trade Hyper Armor for faster air run, air run momentum & faster fall speed at the end of said air run, cancellable pendulum with S press, cr.H OTG & high arc (Heavy) Anki Hou items OTG to set up shenanigans.) Seems like if you want to play an OK Darkstalker for serious, Felicia's the way to go.

Still gonna play dat Morrigan though. Just... Damn if that video didn't find some latent salt from me, the most easy going guy in Mahvel-GAF. Wesker buffs were wat, but seeing what they did with Tron... Goddamn. She wasn't even a problem to begin with.

Dahbomb

Man I don't wanna go to sleep because I know if I do I am going to miss like 5+ pages of new information. More and more people are getting the game and guide as we speak.

New Tron is better than old Tron on point.

TDLink

enzo_gt said:
Some are I agree...

...but not this sexy motherfucker!

2024263-untitled.png

Also, I didn't know Iron Fist was in MUA2, say what?

1364473-images.jpg

(Bei Bang Wen alt from ComicVine)

Ok, yeah you're right Bei Bang Wen would be cool as an alt also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom