• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
Yeah but that wasn't a real tournament they had, it wasn't a Guard Crush and was primarily just to test stream equipment. Maybe 8 guys for MvC3 maximum were there. People are gonna come for Chris G's fight money URLEY in Ultimate, count on it. Early is when you want to start blowing people up.

Until he slaps them in the mouth with Super Sayian Ryu. :lol

You're into some depressing ass characters, man :lol

I guess he has something for blue like candy characters. :p

GuardianE said:
HEY
Dante is a gentleman

#dead

mr. puppy

Banned
lol you can hear the salt almost coming out of Max with the Spencer buffs, but he doesn't even mention that its ridiculous how much Wesker got

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
mr. puppy said:
lol you can hear the salt almost coming out of Max with the Spencer buffs, but he doesn't even mention that its ridiculous how much Wesker got
Cause he mains wesker, I'd be happy as fuck sounding too if my main got buffs and I would be salty as fuck at any buffs x-23 got. Fuck her.

AzureJericho said:
Until he slaps them in the mouth with Super Sayian Ryu. :lol
I've noticed that he likes to air dash a lot with Amateratsu near ground level. I wonder what he plans to do with her. He will definitely stick with Ryu and there is no real reason to drop Wesker.
enzo_gt said:
You're into some depressing ass characters, man :lol
If it's not ASW... it probably sucks.
zlatko said:
Makes no sense that she wasn't used in tournies. She is a serious threat and an annoying one at that. :(
qcb.H

zlatko

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Cause he mains wesker, I'd be happy as fuck sounding too if my main got buffs and I would be salty as fuck at any buffs x-23 got. Fuck her.

Makes no sense that she wasn't used in tournies. She is a serious threat and an annoying one at that. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
zlatko said:
She's hard and has a high technical ceiling to use at max potential. Why learn shit when UMvC3 is already announced just use what is easy to pick up new game soon anyways.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zlatko said:
Watching 10stars play is always impressive BUT NONE OF YOU FUCKERS WATCH THE BREAK SO I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAYS.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Frantic said:
I'm pretty sure it'll be the go-to move after an airthrow since it'll free up the wallbounce in his combos, and that'll just give him more damage after an already good airthrow.

I just hope it's quick enough. I already have issues landing grapple after normal air throw, and I think initial reports shows him unable to land the dive after the normal wallbounces.

I really hope it's very useful for him though. More than just blowin' up mistaken assist, of just adding a new downward movement option.

Frantic

SAB CA said:
I just hope it's quick enough. I already have issues landing grapple after normal air throw, and I think initial reports shows him unable to land the dive after the normal wallbounces.

I really hope it's very useful for him though. More than just blowin' up mistaken assist, of just adding a new downward movement option.
It really depends on how low to the ground the airthrow is. If it's at least the average maximum height of a jump, he should be able to get the move out as he falls to the ground. If he's close to the ground, tiger kneeing it as he lands will probably be needed. Something to test when the game drops, but I think it'll work off the average airthrow.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
enzo_gt said:
Watching 10stars play is always impressive BUT NONE OF YOU FUCKERS WATCH THE BREAK SO I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAYS.

shoutouts to underrated streams. the break is awesome!

Jwong with the game? Awesome.

ASW sucks? BLASPHEMY!

Flash Venom joining the Secret Avengers along with Hawkeye and Giant Man? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Azure J

enzo_gt said:

I really don't know why I've been slacking with Break streaming lately. Their stream is so fucking entertaining.

Degen

The more I think about it, the more it seems like I'd be better off dropping a member of Team Armor™ for Ghost Rider. It'd make perfect sense...

Professor Beef said:
...It mega-sucks?
The Wheel of Overpriced Balance Update #475 is Turning... EMBARRASSING ANIME STYLE 1 ACTION

shaowebb

sephi22 said:
Iron Fist Research:

Basic Series (LMHS, air MMHS)
Base: 333,400
Red Chi: 400,100

Basic Series + Overhead OTG + Fist of Fury hyper
Base (Unmashed): 510,000
Red Chi (Unmashed): 612,400

Base (Mashed): 541,100
Red Chi (Mashed): 649,300

Basic Series + Overhead OTG +Volcanic Roar hyper
Base (Unmashed): 542,100
Red Chi (Unmashed): 649,900

Base (Mashed): 578,600
Red Chi (Mashed): 694,500

Basic Series + Overhead OTG + Level 3
Base: 756,500
Red Chi: 827,800

Extended Series (LMH, qcf+L, qcf+M (crumple), S, MMHS, qcb+M (OTG), qcb+L (low kick), qcb + S/qcf+S (Rising Fang/Shoulder wallbounce) :
Base: 436,000
Red Chi (Throughout): 523,000
Red Chi (Activated after crumple): 470,200

Extended Series + Volcanic Roar:
Base (Mashed): 637,800
Red Chi (Throughout) (Mashed): 756,200

Extended Series + Level 3:
Base: 836,000
Red Chi (Throughout): 923,000

BLUE CHI:

Damage taken from Hawkeye's Level 1 Single Arrow Hyper:
Base: 250,000
With Blue Chi: 200,000

Damage taken from Iron Fist's Basic Series + OTG + Level 3:
Base: 756,500
With Blue Chi: 685,000

GREEN CHI:

Meter built from Basic Series:
Base: 40%
With Chi: 60%

Meter built from Extended Series:
Base: 80%
With Chi: 120%

Assists with Red Chi:

Rising Fang:
Base: 130,000
Red Chi: 156,000

Dragon's Touch:
Base: 100,000
Red Chi: 120,000

Crescent Heel:
Base: 85,000
Red Chi: 102,000
sephi22 said:
all the rest said:
*dem awesome dlc alt early reveals from the guide prompting Iron Fist outfit cheering*

Today is the best day ever.

MANLY PICTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4llsb6.jpg

Sephi, I gotta say thanks for all that info. Major stuff for me there to know. Looks lik he's designed to let players do there quarter circles all in the same direction for his combo links. I had been worried he would reqire QCF into QCB motions back to back in the same combo but it looks like they didnt want him to get too harsh to use after the launcher nerf and made it so you can just keep rocking an input over and over while switching button inputs for stuff.
Makes me think of rocket punch linking into HSF except now it'll feel like trying to do 2-3 rocket punches in a row first. Maybe hadoken's are a better metaphor for what this will feel like since hadoken spam is an easy thing to do that we've all done before...this means he'll feel just like he's Ryu spamming hadokens during these portions. Not scary at all to do IMO. Best news all day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Degen said:
The Wheel of Overpriced Balance Update #475 is Turning... EMBARRASSING ANIME STYLE 1 ACTION

ASW provided a completely free balance update, including new moves and combo strings for characters in BlazBlue: CS.

Dahbomb said:
Of course HE didn't but any other character receiving those same nerfs would've dropped like 2 tiers. I think his biggest nerf is the push back because the way people described it (including LHK) and how I saw it on steam... that hurts him significantly on top of his decreased range. There are some aspects of Dante that got double or even triple nerfed.

Agreed. I don't see why people don't understand this. Changing the hit properties of a character (i.e, pushback) is a significant nerf because it causes all kinds of fallout. What combos no longer work (essentially nerfed damage and nerfed meter gain) with more push back, Dante's zoning and pressure game changes. The list is endless, you -have to relearn- Dante.

In fact, the nerf to Hammer is not a big deal. You adjust, and you make it work. It's still a god-like move for the simple fact it has back-end invincibility and it's plus on block. And - it's a quantified nerf, you know exactly what it changes.

But changing the properties, hit boxes, pushback and hit stun on so many of Dante moves changes the entire fucking character. I don't deny he'll still be strong, especially since the characters around him have also gotten nerfed (cept' Wesker) - but it's just not worth it for me to re-learn an already existent character and constantly frustrate myself by finding myself not completing the combos I used to complete. Instead - I'll do what a lot of Dante players are already doing, and decide to the put the effort into learning another one of the new 12 characters shown.

Anyone in Vegas - we're having a Monday tournament at Insert Coins gaming bar. Starts at 11:30 pm - fight sticks and copies of the game will be included. - Obviously, since the game doesn't come out till Tuesday (the 15th)

shaowebb said:
Today is the best day ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOrCt2KVn1I
GuardianE said:
ASW provided a completely free balance update, including new moves and combo strings for characters in BlazBlue: CS.
blah blah blah I got BlazBlue:CS at launch and I played the free update ten months after CS came out blah blah blah. I got the DLC characters of my own free will and now they are shoving a disk down our throats eight months after the free update blah blah blah. I already paid for a disk eighteen months ago blah blah this is unfair blah blah!

*Buys UMvC3 eight months after MvC3*

LOL

I'm drowning in Chris Hu's manufactured salt. God help me!

Chris Baker's Twitter said:
The guide is going to spoil them all, but you can definitely expect some blog posts. (Maybe even tomorrow.)

Regarding DLC costumes.

Edit:
Also asked 2 questions - if the vanilla DLC costumes count towards the "one per character" rule he mentioned as well, and how the costumes for Jill/Shuma are acquired.

crimsonspider89 said:
Why can't we ever get along?

*runs off and hits the big red button in the suitcase*

If anyone gets the joke, good for you.
Americans are the rest of the FG community and Capcom fans are the Ruskies.

You damned Reds!

JazzmanZ

Red Arremer said:
Regarding DLC costumes.

Edit:
Also asked 2 questions - if the vanilla DLC costumes count towards the "one per character" rule he mentioned as well, and how the costumes for Jill/Shuma are acquired.

excellent, glad to see he's going to blog about the DLC costumes.

Obviously we'll probably start off with half old and maybe half new.

Degen

It's awesome seeing Chris' gun cancels in action

GuardianE said:
I think you should skip Blazblue CS Extend and wait for Blazblue CS Hyperextend Plus Minus

I hear they're adding not one but two semi-relevant characters from the incoherent story!!! so that's like ten characters total for just $39.99!!!!!

:p

Red Arremer said:
I'm an actual Russian... :[
red-foreman.jpg

Degen said:
It's awesome seeing Chris' gun cancels in action

I think you should skip Blazblue CS Extend and wait for Blazblue CS Hyperextend Plus Minus

I hear they're adding not one but two semi-relevant characters from the incoherent story!!! so that's like ten characters total for just $39.99!!!!!

That'll probably be BlazBlue 3 just in time for the end of the generation. Then it's time for Guilty Gear. ^_^

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Degen said:

You can hate it all you want, but I actually adore the amount of effort that went into BlazBlue's story. It's convoluted anime stuff, but I like it. I'd actually be willing to pay $40 just for the added story mode. Good thing I love the fighting engine and characters too.

SUPARSTARX

I'm a little worried that Iron Fist will get zoned out hard by half the cast in a mix of assists and point characters.

But man, when Iron Fist gets in, he punishes hard. Those numbers are pretty good for just Iron Fist alone without DHC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
I really don't know why I've been slacking with Break streaming lately. Their stream is so fucking entertaining.
People stopped showing up. :(

UMvC3 will inject some life back into best stream!

Smo21

SolarPowered said:
That'll probably be BlazBlue 3 just in time for the end of the generation. Then it's time for Guilty Gear. ^_^

I though Guilty Gear was stuck in some kind of weird publisher developer limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom