• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
you said you were not going online day 1 so I'm hoping you jump on so you can get exposed
*shrug* who knows. Maybe I'll need some stuff tested in battle. Oh wait I got Proto for that. Nvm no one gets to see my stuff.

Spider-Man/Task/X-23 is pretty much intact. Need some new BnB's but that team is still pretty legit.

Spider-Man/Hawk/X-23 is in there too, good balanced team. BnB's again, trading better DHC chemistry for zoning.

Spider-Man/Hawkeye/Nova loooooooooooooks like it'll work, I've just got to learn how to time these combos properly.

Really digging that combos are harder now, and take better setups. Makes me feel like I'm earning them. Spider-Man's stand H has huge pushback now, not gonna use it much outside of corners. Still has 720k+ with one assist, one meter. He's fine. Digging the web zip shenanigans too.

Outside of slightly more difficult (but also more damaging and fun) BnB's, X-23 is pretty much intact. Gonna be nice to be able to confirm from a huge hitbox dp.

Hawkeye feels good, gotta get a handle on him. Never really knew Taskmaster (what was there to know -- AirThrow, the character in Vanilla), so this'll be a good chance too. Need more time with Nova, definitely.

<3 this game already.

Mit-

PS3 GAF, how long did the install take you?

Mine is going very, VERY slow. Like, 10 seconds per percent. The install is only like 2-2.5 gigs. It seemed to speed up towards the end. Took maybe 10-15 minutes total.

Just paranoid about my hard drive. Uncharted 3 had shoddy performance which included music dropping out frequently, and cutscenes being very choppy. Heard the problems were hard drive related.

Zissou

Mit- said:

Mine is going very, VERY slow. Like, 10 seconds per percent. The install is only like 2-2.5 gigs. It seemed to speed up towards the end. Took maybe 10-15 minutes total.

Just paranoid about my hard drive. Uncharted 3 had shoddy performance which included music dropping out frequently, and cutscenes being very choppy. Heard the problems were hard drive related.
Back up your stuff! My PS3 died earlier this year without warning and I lost everything.

Skilletor

Played my friend in Texas. Vanilla MvC, not playable. UMvC3 feels fucking GREAT! Definitely going to be able to practice online with this. Also FUCK YES FOR REMATCH OPTION!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

Mit- said:

Its a long install take it easy dude. Make yourself a samich

QisTopTier said:
I rarely trust others when it comes to rating online. I've heard some people say such and such is super bad and everyone they connect with is trash. Then I play and it ends up being nothing like that.

If it lags on one system it's gonna lag on the other. Unless you use the wireless ps3 connection which is pure shit.

Top that off with random router variables and shit people don't always set up and ya.
I'm just excited by the idea of more 360 gaffers. It means there are more possible sparring partners.
Timedog said:
I think I'm pretty much going to be playing this game like 4 hours a day for a long, long, time.
Prepare to rage HARD.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
SolarPowered said:
I'm just excited by the idea of more 360 gaffers. It means there are more possible sparring partners.

Prepare to rage HARD.

Why would I rage when I know I'll be the best on GAF???

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Timedog said:
Why would I rage when I know I'll be the best on GAF???
Because this game pisses everyone off. You can win and still be pissed off LOL
SolarPowered said:
Oh I didn't know you were getting it on both systems

shaowebb

Guide is fucking awesome.

Its got a two page rundown chart that lists character,vitality, all 3 assists and what they do, chain combo archetypes for easy pick up and play, a listing of ALL OTG's they got and the inputs, power up state commands if any, flight (yes, no, conditional), air dash and direcitons of air dashes per character, teleport or passthroughs and their inputs, and any extra air mobility.

Its pretty much a left to right table with all those things listed straight out per character and it makes stuff really fast to find for essentials just starting. Especially the chain combo type like 3-hit alternating, or Marvel series, or things like Hunter series...lets you know about how far to take a chain before going for something to extend it without even having experience with the character. The OTG listing is great too.

Guide is Godly like last time on info, but now for newcomers there is like a 5 page dictionary that lists terms they may hear or see and their meaning. Things like BNB and Kara cancel are explained right in the guide so newcomers learn some lingo and some tactics. No heroes & Heralds stuff, but thats fine since thats just extras. All players need this guide. Its that damned good.

Just got back from the launch. They held a tournament using an opened (lol Gamestop) copy of Ultimate, and the prizes were a couple of display boxes for UMvC3 (one for PS3 and 360). Out of all the people who entered, there were probably 3 people (including myself) who were competent in the game. I managed to get 2nd place with Hulk and Ryu, and mainly used a new character in the opening slot. I tried Nemesis, but he died SUPER QUICK to Sentinel because I didn't know how to shoot his damn Rocket Launcher.

Once I got to finals, I felt like dicking around since we were guaranteed prizes, so I picked Wright/Hulk/Ryu. I was doing alright, but since I had never used him before, Wright ended up losing me the game. Afterwards, we played some friendlies and I confused the hell out of the crowd of people watching by doing Wright's Level 3 on someone.
KuGsj.gif

The whole thing was incredibly fun, and I look forward to actually making a team with Wright instead of just chucking him into one.

Kyoufu

shaowebb said:

Its got a two page rundown chart that lists character,vitality, all 3 assists and what they do, chain combo archetypes for easy pick up and play, a listing of ALL OTG's they got and the inputs, power up state commands if any, flight (yes, no, conditional), air dash and direcitons of air dashes per character, teleport or passthroughs and their inputs, and any extra air mobility.

Its pretty much a left to right table with all those things listed straight out per character and it makes stuff really fast to find for essentials just starting. Especially the chain combo type like 3-hit alternating, or Marvel series, or things like Hunter series...lets you know about how far to take a chain before going for something to extend it without even having experience with the character. The OTG listing is great too.

Guide is Godly like last time on info, but now for newcomers there is like a 5 page dictionary that lists terms they may hear or see and their meaning. Things like BNB and Kara cancel are explained right in the guide so newcomers learn some lingo and some tactics. No heroes & Heralds stuff, but thats fine since thats just extras. All players need this guide. Its that damned good.

Whelp... Looks like I'm buying the guide.

Its the BradyGames guide right?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
shaowebb said:

That sounds fucking sick! how thick/how many pages is it? I guess mine is shipping on Amazon tomorrow, so I'll be guideless until Thursday.

Professor Beef said:
Just got back from the launch. They held a tournament using an opened (lol Gamestop) copy of Ultimate, and the prizes were a couple of display boxes for UMvC3 (one for PS3 and 360). Out of all the people who entered, there were probably 3 people (including myself) who were competent in the game. I managed to get 2nd place with Hulk and Ryu, and mainly used a new character in the opening slot. I tried Nemesis, but he died SUPER QUICK to Sentinel because I didn't know how to shoot his damn Rocket Launcher.

Once I got to finals, I felt like dicking around since we were guaranteed prizes, so I picked Wright/Hulk/Ryu. I was doing alright, but since I had never used him before, Wright ended up losing me the game. Afterwards, we played some friendlies and I confused the hell out of the crowd of people watching by doing Wright's Level 3 on someone.
KuGsj.gif

The whole thing was incredibly fun, and I look forward to actually making a team with Wright instead of just chucking him into one.
WHY DO YOU GET A TOURNAMENT AND ALL I GET IS A RED BULL :(

Just got done playing some MAHVEL BAYBEEE. pw is pretty fun, it'll be intresting to see how he shapes up as the game goes forward. i look forward to the levels of broken that will be unlocked in the weeks to come. its a good time to be a fightman game fan.

Woke up to the pleasant surprise of having the game unexpectedly slotted through my front door (PAL version), I look forward to trying out Wright.

Kyoufu

Nocturnowl said:
Woke up to the pleasant surprise of having the game unexpectedly slotted through my front door (PAL version), I look forward to trying out Wright.

Shopto? They shipped yesterday. I don't see why all games just don't release on Tuesday instead of the usual Friday here.

Kyoufu said:
Shopto? They shipped yesterday. I don't see why all games just don't release on Tuesday instead of the usual Friday here.
Yep, Shopto it was. I'd be playing it now but i'm suffering through last nights Raw first for some reason...

Bizazedo

Probably known, but looks like Skrull can grab Wright through Maya's shield with elastic slam? Either that or my game bugged repeatedly or it got in there right before the shield went up.

Pretty lol, though.

Also, I after several days of hammering away, finally getting the hang of Nova a bit. Never use crouching light.

Eeeeeeeever.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Bizazedo said:
Probably known, but looks like Skrull can grab Wright through Maya's shield with elastic slam? Either that or my game bugged repeatedly or it got in there right before the shield went up.

Pretty lol, though.

Also, I after several days of hammering away, finally getting the hang of Nova a bit. Never use crouching light.

Eeeeeeeever.
Why's that?

So I played this finally.

Firebrand, I love you.

Frank West is a fucking machine.

Hawkeye is a boss, but I was thrown off by his slide actually being down forward + heavy and not just down + heavy.

Captain America got so damn good, throwing that shied all day.

Taskmaster is hilarious with his frigging stinger XD

Yeah, I love this game.

EDIT: Oh and Phoenix Wright is Legit!!!!

Apparently Morrigan's minimum air dash height was decreased and you can combo into her meterfist using f.H on the ground. Her flight was improved in duration by a bit and her soul fists pack another 15k. Her base damage has not been increased either and Astral vision is the exact same as it was in Vanilla.

Her XF3 time is shorter than Phoenix and her XF3 damage got nerfed a bit(five percent)...

What a mixed basket.

So I finally touched some of the other characters after nothing but Vergil/Wesker/Zero for the last couple days. Hawkeye seems nice at first glance. Nemesis I'm getting a little more feel for. You can do big damage without needing to know much. I don't know how to do Firebrand or Strider's shit. I haven't really figured out how to level with Frank yet but I like his assist. I'm staying the fuck away from Nova cause I don't want to mash away all my red health. I forgot to use Dr. Strange. Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright look kind of fun, but don't fit my playstyle.

thundr51

Will probably pick this up today knowing full well that I will probably play all of 10 hours and probably never touch it again until that magical day when I have all my
non-existant
fighting game friends over and can play it.

Yes, i'm pathetic I know

Moaradin

How is the netcode? Played MvC3 for the first time a couple days ago and was feeling myself in training, only to go online and couldn't do anything because of how laggy it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom