• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Just got the game and guide. Sry no time for pics or posts. Gots to play dat fist. Didn't getta make the costume either cuz of survey and college stuff I was doing. Don't care. Iron Fist. Gotta fist. Get ready for my fist.
MANLY FISTING TIME!
*climax*

shaowebb said:
Just got the game and guide. Sry no time for pics or posts. Gots to play dat fist. Didn't getta make the costume either cuz of survey and college stuff I was doing. Don't care. Iron Fist. Gotta fist. Get ready for my fist.
MANLY FISTING TIME!
*climax*

MANLY FISTING TIME? OH.MY. Did I just wander into the wrong thread? :3

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
shaowebb said:
MANLY FISTING TIME!
*climax*
lol

Nori Chan

Professor Beef said:
Welp, I'm off to wait in the cold for the midnight release. Hope to see some of you online in 3 hours!

.....T___T
thats what you get for living in california
dont worry man i think high 50s are cold too mang T____T

I won my first match! and lost my second to a little kid using hulk. He's not Noah. I'm in losers bracket now.

Clockwork is using ammy strider doom. Yipes is using nova magneto Dante.

Mumei

Parallax Scroll said:
I won my first match! and lost my second to a little kid using hulk. He's not Noah. I'm in losers bracket now.

Clockwork is using ammy strider doom. Yipes is using nova magneto Dante.

Is there a stream for what you're talking about?

zlatko

Banned
I wish Iron Fist had a win quote or taunt that said, "Fists will fly at this location!"

:p

The game is set to arrive in 15 hours from now, but I'll probably be asleep by then, so tomorrow it is. Shittier news is that I was supposed to move not this weekend, but the one after, and now it's this weekend. I'll have 3 days to get it in with UMvC3, before I can touch it again in like late December or later since I'll be without interwebs. :(

Anth0ny

1592753284.png

is that fisher price internet?

I always thought the netcode was just bad for MVC3 on PS3, but maybe it's my internet. Will I be fine for Ultimate on Xbox Live?

smurfx

get some go again
Anth0ny said:
1592753284.png

is that fisher price internet?

I always thought the netcode was just bad for MVC3 on PS3, but maybe it's my internet. Will I be fine for Ultimate on Xbox Live?
you have a good ping. although i don't know how this stuff works though. i have a good connection 90% of the time so i can't really complain about online.

Parallax Scroll said:
And now I'm out. Oh well, I beat one dude. Considering this is my first tourney for any fighter, I'm calling that a success.
Good shit man, good start for your first, at least you popped that cherry.

EYEL1NER

Damn, I've having a hard time deciding what to do about the guide.
It's been hovering around $11-$13 on Amazon, but after my Amazon Mom Prime expired when it hit the max amount of months, I have been finding it harder to pull the trigger on things I would have normally ordered in a heartbeat. I would have to wait a couple days to get it too.

It is more expensive at Gamestop however, but I could have it in-hand tomorrow. And man oh man do I want that guide.

The last one kept me company for quite a while earlier in the year when I was sitting in a warehouse on base watching contractors for hours every day, making sure they didn't steal shit (though they could have stolen a ton of AF assets; I wouldn't know. my face was buried in frame data and priority info at the time).
And I love Marvel vs Capcom 'anything' when it comes to merch (still kicking myself for letting a MvC2 Dreamcast guide slip through my fingers for $20 on eBay two weeks ago).
So I am buying the guide for sure. I just don't know if the extra $8 is worth having it tomorrow or not.

GatorBait

It was a cruel trick to make this game have an install. Got home and read the guide for a half hour before even popping my disk in, and then I realize the game could have been installing all that time. Fail.

I have been getting pretty decent fights, always full green bars... but wtf!?

20mbs and shit? Are you guys at home?

1592773883.png

Mine is disgusting. Im at home, no torrents or anything up...

EDIT: I unplugged my router... and I got 16 now... I guess this thread helped me figure out why my nets been so slow for the past year!!!... wow...

Wait for Midnight Launch.....goes to gamestop
Wait in line.....get my game and go into the car
Wait for red lights to turn green.....finally gets home
Wait for PS3 game to install....GOD DAMMIT!!!

LOL, jk....somewhat

GatorBait

shaowebb said:
MANLY FISTING TIME!
*climax*
FYI, there has been some sick Iron Fist play on stream tonight.

supasmashed

Neo Member
man can't wait to get my hands on this game, i didn't have too much of a problem playing vanilla online so I hope umvc wont be a problem either. I just feel like the couple days that you guys are gonna have over me is enough to make me look free

Why We Hate You with Yipes and Jago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNykck9JTY8&feature=channel_video_title

Should be all sorts of funny stuff in there oh and some umvc tech

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I can't stop watching The Online Warrior episodes. His voice is soothing and articulate, with a hint of detachment.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
1592812422.png

Shoutouts to not having a nearby testing location. Damn the testing spots near me just suck period. I get better connections with servers 250 miles away in LA wtf? -.- LOL nvm I missed the one like 30 miles away... wtf... it has a higher ping than the rest... this shit is pretty unreliable -.-

Gr1mLock said:
The weird thing about watching that show is that if you know andre personally..he is nothing like that..The dude wont even eat candy for crying out loud.
I agree but this episode he is pretty tame, its probably the best informative episode so far, not as funny as I thought it was going to be but I learned a lot in it.

shaowebb

I came I saw I fisted I came.
It was glorious. There is NO problem getting inside with his dash. Dash up chi=lol because unless they were ready he just snuffs the hit and goes into shit. Memorizing what rekkas link on reflex will take a little time, but his shit is not nearly as hard as people feared. Definitely a scary thing to face. Plus his quotes are Godly. Beat Akuma and he says something like "And now we have settled who the TRUE master of the Fist really is."

Also Phoenix. Fucking. Wright. He is EASY to use, it is hard to keep him away from evidence and lvl 3 is so damned quick it is ridiculous. Just QCF L and dashback to pop maya shield and throw and assist and you can get two to three draws. Plus his attacks are all easy to link so his normals alone are really good to combo into. Fear that shit because I just picked him up and its no sweat to perfect a team with him just retard moding.

Also Hawkeye is going to fuck your world. No kidding. Guy is stacked, combos easily, and everything links. He can move around quick using some of those arrows too since they move him around a lot. Finally Nemesis seems faster than I thought on normals. He'll be trickier than expected but pixies will destroy his shit.

Done here. Back to playing.

Also, Rocket Raccon is the best keep away ever. crH is a laser that fires a beam quickly at an up diagonal and it can be coupled after a few trap lays with an assist to equal a perfectly unapproachable fuzzamuffin. Guy is impossible to catch if he knows your approaches. Teleports are fine but those skates are his best pal. No can catch the guy. Just throw traps with assist coverage, kick back and spam. On rushdown he is ALSO great. Shit damage but with shrapnel traps you can set into a lot of shit to keep em going. Raccoon is pretty damned good. All the new guys are really...so far the easier to pick up are PW, RR, Hawkeye for me. Iron Fist is damned good, but like max says it'll be a few bouts of practice to stay consistent. Small combo big punish is pretty easy to live with till you get his stuff though. Guy wastes people.

Online running pretty smooth for me(PS3 version).

I hate ghost rider already haha, out of the 3 people I've fought who had him in his team. I was only able to take out 1, the rest I won by time.

And I'm back home. Great tournament great experience. Clockwork took first, Yipes was second, and I didn't recognize the third place guy. Both Clock and Yipes switched to Vergil teams for winners and part of grand finals.

Also, when that kid made his Hulk comeback against me, Yipes was standing right behind me giving his "commentary", lol. Good shit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:
And I'm back home. Great tournament great experience. Clockwork took first, Yipes was second, and I didn't recognize the third place guy. Both Clock and Yipes switched to Vergil teams for winners and part of grand finals.

Also, when that kid made his Hulk comeback against me, Yipes was standing right behind me giving his "commentary", lol. Good shit.
What was Yipes and clocks teams?

SolarPowered said:
Fucking A
I rarely trust others when it comes to rating online. I've heard some people say such and such is super bad and everyone they connect with is trash. Then I play and it ends up being nothing like that.

If it lags on one system it's gonna lag on the other. Unless you use the wireless ps3 connection which is pure shit.

Top that off with random router variables and shit people don't always set up and ya.

QisTopTier said:
What was Yipes and clocks teams?
Yipes started with Nova/Magneto/Dante and Clock started with Ammy/Strider/Doom. Clock used a Ghost Rider team for most of the later matches, and they both used Vergil at one point.

Yipes said he's gonna be using Nova mainly in ultimate.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Parallax Scroll said:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/61016831

LOOOOOOOL HOLY SHIT I think this dude is the uncle of the kid who owned you lawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom