• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Banana Kid said:
As of tomorrow I'm gonna have to divide my time between UMvC3, Skyrim, Saints Row, and an actual job and responsibilities.

Guess which one I'm gonna be neglecting!
I'll take responsibilities for 500pp.

GatorBait

Watching the option select stream and free Phoenix objection discovered: DHC into Maya and you get a free objection since Phoenix is free to move around.

SolarPowered said:
You never called on Mahvel 360GAF before. You just want to play with us now so that you can style on us in front of your friends using spectator. :[

Very little before since it was nigh unplayable and there was no spectator. Hoping that its somewhat better now, and I'm getting an internet boost too. Need dem matches!

I thought most of the people I named had both at least :p

tumblr_ls68ugfsED1qhv5ilo1_500.gif

lol, stay free.

Teknoman

I dunno whether I should take my stick or just go pad at the launch tonight. On one hand, im used to a stick now, but on the other...I dont really want to lug something in store lol.

rukland

QisTopTier said:
PS3 scrubGAF? More like drop the game in one month GAF :D
Please prove me wrong a month from now :)

Well I was still playing vanilla today so I am guessing I will still be around in a month :D

Azure J

Someone PLEASE tell me that more people are watching the Ammy tech on Live Oratory. Holy shit this bitch is still crazy. :lol

This whole stream has been hilarious.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
What's the word on it thus far from impressions? Shit needs to be god like for me to bother playing online (since I usually only play at tournaments)
Max says it seems better than Vanilla but it's hard to tell because there are only a few hundred people with the game at this point.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
What's the word on it thus far from impressions? Shit needs to be god like for me to bother playing online (since I usually only play at tournaments)
Lots of people saying its better is the impression I have been reading

Kyoufu

GhostRidah said:
Lots of people saying its better is the impression I have been reading

Really hope it is... It will make or break this game for me since I don't have local friends that play this game.

I think I'm going to go Vergil/Wesker and Dante as my anchor. Will that work?

Kyoufu said:
Really hope it is... It will make or break this game for me since I don't have local friends that play this game.

I think I'm going to go Vergil/Wesker and Dante as my anchor. Will that work?

I'd think you'd want Dante more up front, with either Vergil or Wesker on anchor; Wesker is a tried and true anchor -- beast with XF3 and solid all around... now he has the glasses buff too. .. Vergil is stupid sick with meter to burn and quite a meter hog. Dante is good at building meter with his extended combos which would mean you'd want him to preceed Vergil... so that says, to me at least [and remember, I'm a scrub] that you'd want Dante as 1 or 2, Wesker as 1, 2, or 3, and Vergil as 2 or 3, I think. The real question, I guess, is is your Dante good enough for point and if not, do you want Wesker to start off and get some meter and damage going before Dante and Vergil come in?

Kyoufu

corrosivefrost said:
I'd think you'd want Dante more up front, with either Vergil or Wesker on anchor; Wesker is a tried and true anchor -- beast with XF3 and solid all around... now he has the glasses buff too. .. Vergil is stupid sick with meter to burn and quite a meter hog. Dante is good at building meter with his extended combos which would mean you'd want him to preceed Vergil... so that says, to me at least [and remember, I'm a scrub] that you'd want Dante as 1 or 2, Wesker as 1, 2, or 3, and Vergil as 2 or 3, I think. The real question, I guess, is is your Dante good enough for point and if not, do you want Wesker to start off and get some meter and damage going before Dante and Vergil come in?

Good advice, and good question. I don't think I'm good enough for anything yet (need the game first) but I'm sure I can learn Dante enough to have him first, so I'll work towards that.

Azure J

Mumei said:
I missed it; do go on.

It's basically a combination of her air weapon change (already being pleasantly abused by Marlin to stay airborne on top of get the right stance) and XF3 now giving her a ridiculous speed boost. Like she's stupidly fast.

Also a bit hilarious from earlier though, Rocket Raccoon's traps stay active even if he's KO'd. This led to a spectacular moment of salt during that same Ammy moment when a rock trap (?) sprung and dropped a boulder on Ammy.

Professor Beef said:
I'm gonna see if a friend of mine wants my Femme Fatale costume pack. If he doesn't, then I'll probably give it to someone in MarvelGAF.
If your friend doesnt want it I dont mind giving you my amazon pre order pack for the femme fatales. I think the amazon pack is doom, strider, akuma, sent.

Kyoufu said:
Good advice, and good question. I don't think I'm good enough for anything yet (need the game first) but I'm sure I can learn Dante enough to have him first, so I'll work towards that.

Glad you think so. Hope it helps.

Now if I could only figure out which of the characters of the ones I like I want to pair together... then I could start worrying about execution/assists/order.

New characters that interest me: Iron Fist, Vergil, Strider
Vanilla cast I used somewhat regularly: Dormammu, Dante, Akuma, Wesker, Morrigan
Vanilla cast I played a little with and still interests me: Doom, Viper, X-23

--

Monsieur Beefy, if you want to donate a PS3 femme fatale pack my way, I want it solely for the Morrigan outfit, but would use the X-23 one too. I think it's the only pack I'd actually purchase out of the 4 they're giving away for preorder (if they keep the packs the same at retail).

Stabby McSter said:
why wouldn't you want it D:
I don't use any of those characters.
devastatorprime said:
If your friend doesnt want it I dont mind giving you my amazon pre order pack for the femme fatales. I think the amazon pack is doom, strider, akuma, sent.
I don't use any of those characters, either. Besides, I haven't even gotten the code yet! I'll try and think of a way to give it away if my friend doesn't want it though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo, I want to femme fatale preorder pack. I want every preorder pack. Everyone should give me their codes because I'm an entitled asshole!

I've posted this a few times already, but I'll do it again:

If anyone's got a pre-order costume pack they don't want I'll buy it off ya for $5.

koryuken

A Human Becoming said:
I'll be spending the day practicing my new team myself.

I will probably spend 2-3 hours in training mode then then do some sessions. I am ADD and get bored of training on CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom