• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Curleh Mustache coming up in about 45. Really looking forward to it, but I'm torn. I want to see Yipes play as much as possible, but if he loses then we get more of him on commentary. What to root for???

Hey Killa Sasa, I'm ready for this year's EVO and here's why:

Dormammu(Purification)/Spencer(Slant Shot)/Magneto(EMD)

On the versus screen, they line up White, Red, White. LET'S GO CANADA

Solune

I guess that makes sense.

I do have a question about Dante. Whenever I try and finish off my bnb with reverb shock -> Fireworks, he crosses up when fireworks hits. Is there...a reason behind this? After the third time of the combo dropping, I've learned to just end the combo with a hyper.

Opponent is too high when landing reverb shock.

In between and around your Curly Mustache watching, check out my scene's Marvel invitational, just going to be a small 8-man tourney and some casuals I believe. Testing waters to see how our streaming stuff goes, but we have some killers IMO (including an actual Raccoon). I believe it'll start in an hour or so, I'll post the link when it's starting again too.

www.twitch.tv/chipdamage

Obvious potential problems with quality aside, let me know what ya think of stuff like layout and visuals.

So if there's a dip in Curly Mustache play quality, check it out ^_^.

Hey Killa Sasa, I'm ready for this year's EVO and here's why:

Dormammu(Purification)/Spencer(Slant Shot)/Magneto(EMD)

On the versus screen, they line up White, Red, White. LET'S GO CANADA

True north strong and free~

Haha, awesome. Sucks I won't be there, so you will have to be one of our reps this year. GO BOOMERS

WHAT THE HELL? You aren't going to EVO this year? Man that sucks, who's going to rep Spider Guy? Are the rest of the Chip Damage crew going? I'm trying to get my friend that's a really good Haggar to come.

WHAT THE HELL? You aren't going to EVO this year? Man that sucks. Are the rest of the Chip Damage crew going? I'm trying to get my friend that's a really good Haggar to come.

Dat student debt T_T

Lots of em are going, but we were like 20 deep last year. I'm thinking it'll be closer to 10 this year.

Damn, man. Even with splitting hotels and everything? JUST GET MORE LOANS

Anyway, I feel so stupid. I've been playing Magneto going on 8 months now and it never occurred to me to 2H xx fly, unfly, throw. I've got resets 3 mixups deep for a character I've been using for half the time and I never thought to use the day one Sentinel gimmick with Magneto.

God damn it.

Frantic

I do have a question about Dante. Whenever I try and finish off my bnb with reverb shock -> Fireworks, he crosses up when fireworks hits. Is there...a reason behind this? After the third time of the combo dropping, I've learned to just end the combo with a hyper.
Generally you want to wait a little bit before using Reverb Shock. My method is backdash straight into a Reverb Shock. You could use a s.H > Reverb Shock if your combo is short enough.

You would be the worst drug addict :D
IT'S NOT AN ADDICTION I CAN STOP WHENEVER I PLEASE.
Welcome back, SolarPowered.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm almost embarrassed I had to ask, when it was a height issue. :/ Thanks Solune and Frantic.

Damn, man. Even with splitting hotels and everything? JUST GET MORE LOANS

Anyway, I feel so stupid. I've been playing Magneto going on 8 months now and it never occurred to me to 2H xx fly, unfly, throw. I've got resets 3 mixups deep for a character I've been using for half the time and I never thought to use the day one Sentinel gimmick with Magneto.

God damn it.

>.>

*copies*

I'm trying to work on using Force Field more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I forgot you don't go to the forums on Srk. Force Field kills a lot of bullshit people use in this game...
And if we're talking God's Beard levels of practicality, it can soak up all of Dante's Missiles in one go if you time it just right.

Also Curleh Mustache is live folks! Hasn't started yet though.

Oldschoolgamer

Yea, that's about the only thing really wrong with it: timing. Really obvious stuff can get caught easily. I just forget it's there. Besides, I want to learn how to use all of my teams tools to the fullest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yea, that's about the only thing really wrong with it: timing. Really obvious stuff can get caught easily. I just forget it's there. Besides, I want to learn how to use all of my teams tools to the fullest.
Yeah, and the fact that if you cross up the Forcefield it still hits IIRC.

Just had a fuck awful day in ranked. Damn you surpass the 6th rank trophy! But I dont even care anymore cause this curleh mustache tourey is gonna be hype as fuck.

Oldschoolgamer

Huh. That's really cool that it breaks unblockable setups.

Yea. I'm not good enough yet to stop the unblockable stuff, but...I've managed to keep the likes Nemesis and Ghost Rider from j.Sing all of the time, if Dante dies.

Edit: Or the tentacles, in nemesis' case.

Team Armor approves of your stream, Killa

Thanks. Lots of fraudulent play (especially by me -- they know all my setups :p) but it went okay, hahaha.

Glad you liked it, we got a viewers boost at one point, but I'm sure it was just Curly Mustache on a break.

sephi22

Can't remember if it was Viscant or Dahbomb who said that Morrigan is A/S tier in this game because she stops all the S tier characters' bullshit shenanigans. Watching Chris G's Morrigan blow up Jago, I see that this is the truth.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
definitely.

You can play SMB if you want to. Just want to say the game is not for me.
Ass

Well I'll prob play amnesia after I beat that.... but I dont know if I want to stream me screaming like a little bitch.... and having nervous break downs. *never played it longer than an hour*

Well I'll prob play amnesia after I beat that.... but I dont know if I want to stream me screaming like a little bitch.... and having nervous break downs. *never played it longer than an hour*

do what everyone else does, when shit goes down hill, swear profusely.

LakeEarth

I've tried to get H&H matches going. I've waited so long the Xbox decided to darken my display. I'm pretty sure that's 10-15 minutes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've tried to get H&H matches going. I've waited so long the Xbox decided to darken my display. I'm pretty sure that's 10-15 minutes.
Yeah... I don't have that patience. Most of the time I can't get a game period, so I've pretty much given up and relegated myself to mooching off of other's efforts.

Curleh Mustache #2 added to OP.

Who's winning 360 H&H this week?

..anyone actually still playing H&H?

You can only play so much before the realization sets in that you can't fight your friends with your decks. I still have a few more cards to go before getting 100%, but I already have all the other titles for H&H, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

LakeEarth

Yeah... I don't have that patience. Most of the time I can't get a game period, so I've pretty much given up and relegated myself to mooching off of other's efforts.

They went out of their way to kill it before it was even released. Really sucks cause I really enjoy the mode.

Also, you can't play 1 player or be in training mode while waiting for a match. But that would make the long wait more bearable, so of course not.

Azure J

Am I the only one looking up Morrigan combos right now?

Yay, more new Morrigan heads. :)

And yet this reminds me, I haven't heard anything from our older one in a while. What's Sixfortyfive been up to?

No one knows how to deal with zoning, lmao.

I need to take my Morrigan a bit more seriously. Maybe run a troll team of Morrigan/Dante/Strider.

Late, but I just saw this and had to wonder how my Urley theory tech was treating you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom