• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
Vergil + Morrigan is the sugar mama combination. Paired with a decent beam assist, things get stupid quick between Vergil's increasing threat level the more meter he has stocked and quick beams allowing him to start left-rights with teleport and assist. SRK's Vergil/Morrigan/Doom is a pretty cool team for this. Magnus with Estaka on anchor seems stronger to me though.

Also, I find it hilarious that people are messing with meter assist theory craft now. I wish I had some of my old conversations with Sixfortyfive on hand from the old Marvel threads. And yeah, Morrigan isn't high tier, just a solid low to mid A.

Edit: Dr. Strange is a hard Morrigan counter.

do you really need a beam for Vergil mixups? With the meter dump he'll get out of morrigan/doom keepaway he'll be able to do all kinds of stuff with swords and keeping people pinned down with missiles

Azure J

do you really need a beam for Vergil mixups? With the meter dump he'll get out of morrigan/doom keepaway he'll be able to do all kinds of stuff with swords and keeping people pinned down with missiles

Admittedly, I'm not the best for practicals since it's going to be a while until I get to mess around with more things regarding this, but I'm thinking that you're still going to need that first mixup so you can keep calling Morrigan assist while dealing with the person in front of you.

Oh, then I just realized I'm a dumbass for not seeing that you were talking about Morrigan/X/Doom where X was Vergil. Sorry for that. :lol

It works but the meter you get for Vergil is crippled if Morrigan goes down too early and it's also finite as you don't get Morrigan's meter assist to play with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN8d69LvS1Y

This video here is proof that I will never amount to jack shit in this game. Marlin's air tag into Doom, and then the incredible Doom combo is just on another level. My god. Starts around 2 mins in.

Believe it or not, I just came from a tourney where I saw an even MORE ridiculous doom (and also iron man) air exchange combo, whenever the footage comes up i'll post it here.

edit - >>here it is<< part 5, at the 59:40 mark

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol I remember seeing Hard Drive in MvC3 for the first time and being like WTF did he have this in Marvel 2? Them changing so many of the visuals (for the better I would say for all that I remember), was such a trip.

I can't say enough how impressed I am that MvC3 is a worthy successor to MvC2. They could've fucked it up pretty bad but didn't.

This play is so ruthless I love it.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We got Blackhearts.
And people using assists for AA instead of just for OTG setups.

And Juggernauts, word to _dementia.

EDIT: OMG that last match was amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Laser can only beat two fireballs and vajra can get tagged(not to mention that she can unfly and block in time.)

I'm still shocked nobody was doing Wesker's fireball counters.
One person tried it, timed it wrong, got blown up and lost like 30%+ life for that risk alone. Counters outside of Ammys are damn high risk. More gambles than strategies.

El Sloth

Banned
Shout outs to Shuma Gorath getting more play during this Marvel 2 stream than in the entire last month of Marvel 3 streams.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sexy Sons of Sparda tier
Skullgirls
Vampire Savior

A tier
BBCSEX
Soulcalibur V

B tier
KOF XIII
Persona IV

C tier
UMvC3

Sorry Bro...
Tekken and 2012 on blast.

I've recently acquired a boner for SCV though.. I haven't been with SC since SCII, and it's really alluring.

S Tier
Virtua Fighter 4
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Marvel vs Capcom 1
Rainbow Edition
CvS2

A Tier
3rd Strike
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Fighter 4: EVO
Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur 2
Hyper Fighting
Hokuto no Ken
Puzzle Fighter

B Tier
Vampire Saviour
Alpha 2
Garou
ST
Soul Calibur
SVC Chaos
Marvel Superheroes

C Tier
Tekken
Alpha 3
Vampire Hunter
Waku Waku 7
Soul Calibur 4
Blazblu
Rival Schools
Primal Rage

Fail
Flying Dragon 64
Evil Zone
Dead or Alive
Soul Calibur 3
Mortal Kombat
Bloody Roar

smurfx

get some go again
god i will never not be salty about dormammus stupid air throw range.

edit: lol haggar you magnificent bastard lariating through a chaotic flame like it was nothing. the mayor don't care about no flames.

Xevren

After being an offline warrior for pretty much...ever. I'm trying to get the hang of doing shit online. Finally getting the hang of it. Think I'm doing something right if I'm starting to get people rage quit against me right? Either that or people just really hate Spider-Man.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
After being an offline warrior for pretty much...ever. I'm trying to get the hang of doing shit online. Finally getting the hang of it. Think I'm doing something right if I'm starting to get people rage quit against me right? Either that or people just really hate Spider-Man.

If you kept using dashing in the air all the way. It work very well and it pissed people off easily.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
S Tier
Virtua Fighter 4
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Marvel vs Capcom 1
Rainbow Edition
CvS2

A Tier
3rd Strike
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Virtua Fighter 4: EVO
Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur 2
Hyper Fighting
Hokuto no Ken
Puzzle Fighter

B Tier
Vampire Saviour
Alpha 2
Garou
ST
Soul Calibur
SVC Chaos
Marvel Superheroes

C Tier
Tekken
Alpha 3
Vampire Hunter
Waku Waku 7
Soul Calibur 4
Blazblu
Rival Schools
Primal Rage

Fail
Flying Dragon 64
Evil Zone
Dead or Alive
Soul Calibur 3
Mortal Kombat
Bloody Roar
Guilty gear on blast.

ALSO LOL FUCKING EVIL ZONE BEST GAME EVER

If someone here has an Australian copy of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom for PS3, could you please tell me the code on the side? It should start with BLES-xxxxx, I'm trying to figure out if a UK copy will be compatible with Aussie DLC. Thanks!

smurfx

get some go again
6TiwV.gif

i was hustled man.

Hope you all supported downtown beatdown today.....we couldnt make it today, but wish we could have.....shoutouts to my good friends HiImNasty, Coriimon, Xray, Mine, SnakeDux

yesterday was winter supremacy in NorCal....FinestKO will upload an archive, it was supposed to be streamed but the venue failed to provide internet.

UMVC3 I got 9th.....and 4 of the Fresno crew Quicksilver, Blahguy, Negus and XsK Samurai made top 8.....as always dat norcal comp so godlike.....

AE I did good, my good friend XsK samurai won and I barely missed top 8 so many good norcal players too....shoutotus to our friends Mike Chow, Lamerboi, LPN, Crackfiend, Illiterate, El Cubano Loco for showin up and playin hard.

The Fresno crew wills see you all again at NCR....

-EC

Dahbomb

Laser can only beat two fireballs and vajra can get tagged(not to mention that she can unfly and block in time.)

I'm still shocked nobody was doing Wesker's fireball counters.
Yipes was yelling for the guy to do it but you have to be around mid screen and people tried it but got blown up for it. It's a terrible counter, always has been.

Laser beats Hidden Missiles too.

Tekken in C tier doesn't make much sense. Probably not a Tekken player. Tekken 4 is C tier though for sure though.

anybody know how well Vergil would fit in the Morrigan/x/Doom team? People are talking about it on srk and its seems like a decent idea.

It's a legit team. Vergil + Missiles is scary. The person has to learn the Round Trip trick and they will end up taking massive chip. And of course Vergil + Dark Harmonizer is money.

That link isn't working for me but for Vergil + Missiles you can check out FFIV for some of that action at high level play.

Off topic but what the hell is going in the Soul Calibur community? I hear talks of ban and some new mix up avoiding tech. I was going to get this game today but I don't know any more. Hopefully this isn't a rushed out product.

smurfx

get some go again
finally saw the justin wong vs flocker WNF finals and damn dat zero is a beast. guess that is what i'm going to try and copy. i definitely want to play a more zoning style zero.

Off topic but what the hell is going in the Soul Calibur community? I hear talks of ban and some new mix up avoiding tech. I was going to get this game today but I don't know any more. Hopefully this isn't a rushed out product.
Haven't you heard? Most everyone knows that it is rushed after seeing no arcade endings, missing stuff and three mimic characters. Also, the title kinda says it all lol.

The core gameplay seems to be a return to form(YEEEES) so far and people are hopeful for the netcode too(I saw Max' online video and the lobby system is light years ahead of UMvC3's lobbies). Some people have been making a lot of noise about some guard glitch, but I have no idea if it will be effective in battle. I also think the game looks nice so I'm taking a wait and see approach.
Brawl > Skullgirls > Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All of ASW's catalogue
Skullgirls goes far beyond Brawl as far as I'm concerned. This is just you trolling so eh.
SC5 is great. Watch this tournament. The pre-tourney casuals are worth checking out too. Hayate is my new personal savior.
Haven't seen this footage yet. Gotta watch later.

mr. puppy

Banned
It's a legit team. Vergil + Missiles is scary. The person has to learn the Round Trip trick and they will end up taking massive chip. And of course Vergil + Dark Harmonizer is money.

That link isn't working for me but for Vergil + Missiles you can check out FFIV for some of that action at high level play.

whoops I meant this, which you've probably seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Ez1MJEbHM&feature=related

BTW what assist would you use for vergil that morrigan/x/doom team? i was thinking rapid slash since people are jumping in and blocking to get damage, and rapid slash pushes them back to the other end of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom