• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
*stabs you*

Foolishness, Karsticles.

*twists it*

Foolishness.
I'm just going to assume that's a rubber knife.

Its Vergils response to Dante when he complains about a lousy party. It was for Gods Beard.
Oh okay. Never played a DMC game...

Confession time!
I rented the original and thought it was terrible. I was...I don't know, 14 at the time? I had never played a game to do anything but win, so I thought the fact that you can just strafe gun down everything in the first level made it boring. I turned it off and returned the rental after beating the first boss. Completely my shortcoming.

Look what I found:

Fanatiq being scared of iron man tech makes me lol. I am not going to lie though joker has the advantage in the match up and fanatiq noted jokers iron man is no joke. Likewise joker is wary of a Spencer counter pick once he did his spying.

I can bet that fanatiq would have no problem with a character lock versus ray ray because that would be in his advantage. Dude is smart and experienced.

Too many variables, huh Dahbomb? Step it up.

mr. puppy

Banned
for those of us who don't want to bet money on a bunch of mediocre players, we should make a drinking game for this.

like...

dropped combo
gravity squeeze
dark sentinel comeback
etc. etc.

mr. puppy

Banned
gonna take Knives' team for a spin later to see if I can be sold on Akuma actually being a good anchor, but I feel the sentinel/akuma shell is really really week, I don't care how good the assists are.

Whats the battle plan for sentinel/akuma? Throw out a normal with Sent and make sure its covered by Tatsu?

Bizazedo

Imo Akuma anchor works on the basis the other guy is scared to eat a random beam hyper. Plus awesome tatsus.

So, mistakes are made, he hits you, etc.

Requires a lot of air tatsus / dives / fireballs to change air trajectories, though.

mr. puppy

Banned
Imo Akuma anchor works on the basis the other guy is scared to eat a random beam hyper. Plus awesome tatsus.

So, mistakes are made, he hits you, etc.

Requires a lot of air tatsus / dives / fireballs to change air trajectories, though.

hmm yeah i guess. i wonder if x/sent/akuma is just assist overkill and not enough on point sometimes really....sent and akuma just don't have that much strength when they're on the field

gonna take Knives' team for a spin later to see if I can be sold on Akuma actually being a good anchor, but I feel the sentinel/akuma shell is really really week, I don't care how good the assists are.

Whats the battle plan for sentinel/akuma? Throw out a normal with Sent and make sure its covered by Tatsu?

Sentinel's biggest danger comes from 2 things, his command throw and his armored normals. Combining these 2 creates something that will frighten anyone, because if they don't press a button they might get command throw'd and if they press a button they might eat an armored normal. That's where the Tatsu comes in, any lockdown assist helps a lot in pinning your opponent to a situation where they have to guess whether you are going for a throw or a normal.

Don't forget about his flight mode. DJ + Flight mode equals pretty solid heights Sent can reach and call a ridiculous priority Tatsu from. He can hit confirm really easily because of J.M and Fry Pan, bringing him some pretty decent Real Sentinel Damage. It ain't broke, but there are worse shells.

You gotta make use of it because it's the best thing about Point Sent IMO and it's usually what Sent's (aside from the ones that do work) in majors are lacking -- knowing how to pilot the machine.

mr. puppy

Banned
Don't forget about his flight mode. DJ + Flight mode equals pretty solid heights Sent can reach and call a ridiculous priority Tatsu from. He can hit confirm really easily because of J.M and Fry Pan, bringing him some pretty decent Real Sentinel Damage. It ain't broke, but there are worse shells.

You gotta make use of it because it's the best thing about Point Sent IMO and it's usually what Sent's (aside from the ones that do work) in majors are lacking -- knowing how to pilot the machine.

yeah i see what you're saying, most of the time I just jump around fishing for a hit with some long ass normal of sent's and then hope to DHC into akuma beam

Messing around with Iron Man, I don't know if these loops I'm working on have been found or not:

S, jH2H add jH, land, jMH2H adb jH xx flight, jMH xx unfly jH, jHS

S, jH adf jH xx flight, jH addf jH addf jH addf jH2H xx unfly j8H jH adb jHS

Not really good damage or anything but they look cool. timing is hard as fuck towards the end, so I bet they don't work with magic series anyway.

Dahbomb

I have seen the first one or something similar used in either a match or combo video. The 2nd one looks like it would be swag.

Both are useless combos because they start with st.S. Anything less than cr.L, cr.M, st.H, Fly as a hit confirm starter for an IM combo I turn the other way.

Foolishness...

So close to beating Spencer for highest damage character(Spencer BnB is 1.05 million with 1 assist). It'll be interesting to see what people come up with.
The guy in the video states that you can cross a million with this combo if you add a few more hits. You should get in the lab with that.

That combo is insane... INSANE!!! Dr Strange in the 1 million 1 hyper 1 assist club as well.

I have seen the first one or something similar used in either a match or combo video. The 2nd one looks like it would be swag.

Both are useless combos because they start with st.S. Anything less than cr.L, cr.M, st.H, Fly as a hit confirm starter for an IM combo I turn the other way.
Well, yeah. I just got tired of doing it every time when I was just testing out air stuff.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think it's time to re-re-resettle who the best theory fighter is on NeoGAF. I hereby bet Dahbomb $100 that if the Fanatiq vs Joker match happens, Fanatiq wins.

I have paypal.

VbWTC.jpg

Unless of course, you agree with me lol

Honestly I think they're both great with Vergil, really just depends on your character comfort and who has the third slot on your team.

Bet avatars I know the perfect one for Dahbomb!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Dahbomb

Viscant with the CLINICAL breakdown of the umvc3 meta game. I agree 100% with what he had to say. Vergil bodies all his characters so he definitely needs a contingency plan for that character. As far as wolverine goes I think he just felt he got caught with his pants down at season beating and forgot how to fight against top wolverines. He is also right in saying that 20 characters have a shot at evo as well as a larger player base of potential winners.

I just completely forgot about flocker. The Vergil army is going in strong at evo especially if the Japanese show up. oh and Viscant isn't comfortable with wesker alongside phoenix because phantom dance is a powerful tool and wesker also likes using x factor.

Does anyone have my long post about the umvc3 before the game came out? I said something like Viscant or Justin declaring Vergil best in the game right around evo time.

JeTmAn81

Did Viscant actually declare Vergil to be the best? I thought he was just saying it was a bad matchup for Phoenix. I wonder how long these guys that still don't have a set-in-stone team or two will wait until really focusing in and grinding for EVO. I think to really be the best you have to know your characters and their matchups inside out out, which you won't be able to do if you keep switching your teams up. This stuff takes time.

Dahbomb

He didn't say he was the best but he is going to prepare most for him. Vergil bodies his characters and a lot of top players are back on the bandwagon so he is more likely to face a top Vergil than let's say a zero player.

Vergil could soon be a very threatening part of the meta game.

smurfx

get some go again
haha i can still get a combo with hawkeye and a relaunch after a thc with task and i can even tac too. relaunch has to be with the M ball he throws out or else hit stun kicks in and they flip out if i do it any other way. holy crap task and hawk go so well together. team arrow forever! i can also set people up with a reset as well. i'm just learning this today so i'm sure i can think of more things to do later on.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I was thinking about it, fighting games that have dudes with swords against dudes without swords are dumb. Like sword characters get a giant fucking hitbox with no hurtbox. That's so dumb. I guess you could make the characters extremely slow but no one seems to be doing that.

I mean it's not exactly Character w/Sword = domination. But idk.

How many fighting games are there where there are dudes with swords vs. dudes without swords?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty sure Viscant thinks Zero is the best.

Pro UMvC3 will only get more interesting as it goes on. As would be the case if we still had Vanilla too, but really with the sandboxy kind of combat system, this is the only real possible case. Matchups fluctuate when new tech is discovered.

JeTmAn81

I was thinking about it, fighting games that have dudes with swords against dudes without swords are dumb. Like sword characters get a giant fucking hitbox with no hurtbox. That's so dumb. I guess you could make the characters extremely slow but no one seems to be doing that.

I mean it's not exactly Character w/Sword = domination. But idk.

How many fighting games are there where there are dudes with swords vs. dudes without swords?

The guys with the really big sword normals, Dante and Vergil, are super slow. Dante is probably the third or fourth slowest character in the game in terms of normal startup. His light attacks take 8 frames to start up, whereas the typical pixie's is twice as fast. Amaterasu's c.L is 3 frames.

Dahbomb

Some characters have no swords yet their normals act like sword normals. Dooms foot dive, weskers cr m, Dorms fish hook, magnetos st h, a ton of iron man normals, hulk m and h buttons, sentinel, wolverines claws, hawkeyes bow normals, ghost riders whip, storms s,.Chris baton. Characters with powered states like frank and Wright have beyond sword normals.

Jetman Vergils sword normals are actually pretty fast for their range like his 5 frame jab. They are only balanced around the fact that you can't whiff cancel them and all have bad recovery.

Frantic

One thing I always ask myself is why Capcom decided to nerf Dante's normals as much as they did(range, hitstun, pushback), but give Vergil normals with better hitboxes, hitstun and no pushback while also making them faster on startup? Especially since Dante can no longer ToD off every hit while Vergil can. Sure, there's the whole 'slow recovery' aspect of them, but they're huge. How do you miss with them? I never do, and it's not hard to make them safe on block...

Basically, I'm salty and miss Dante's vanilla s.L. :(

BHK3

Banned
Today is the first day I got a ragequit, and a ragemail. You don't how happy I man.

So I'm up against this C.viper,megaman frank west and nemesis. I'm ghost rider, frank and dr. strange. I just do my usual combo of s. Hx2 - qcf L - s. Hx2 - qcb L - L. Hellfire then my motorcycle. This is the only combo I know with ghost rider and it's never failed me, I also just jumped around and mashed S since it's usually easy damage.

The guy kinda sat there not attacking, he kinda attacked but mostly sat there blocking, when I got all his characters to half health he left and messaged me: "sorry i dont play with spammers". He had about 35 wins and losses.

I'm kinda surprised. Sent him a msg asking for a rematch but a different team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom