• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
One thing I always ask myself is why Capcom decided to nerf Dante's normals as much as they did(range, hitstun, pushback), but give Vergil normals with better hitboxes, hitstun and no pushback while also making them faster on startup? Especially since Dante can no longer ToD off every hit while Vergil can. Sure, there's the whole 'slow recovery' aspect of them, but they're huge. How do you miss with them? I never do, and it's not hard to make them safe on block...

Basically, I'm salty and miss Dante's vanilla s.L. :(
poor dante went from S tier in mvc3 to s tier in umvc3.

jklEu.jpg

Frantic

poor dante went from S tier in mvc3 to s tier in umvc3.

http://i.imgur.com/jklEu.jpg
Well, I'm fine with the changes personally. It's just annoying that Vergil gets easy hit confirms off a huge anti-air s.L when they just nerfed Dante's s.L's range and anti-air capabilities in the same update. If it was too good that it had to be nerfed, why would you give another character the same thing.

I'm just annoyed with Capcom's logic, or lack thereof.

smurfx

get some go again
Well, I'm fine with the changes personally. It's just annoying that Vergil gets easy hit confirms off a huge anti-air s.L when they just nerfed Dante's s.L's range and anti-air capabilities in the same update. If it was too good that it had to be nerfed, why would you give another character the same thing.

I'm just annoyed with Capcom's logic, or lack thereof.
welll i'll agree that capcom's logic is shit. one of the things that annoys me about vergil is that they pretty much gave him berserker slash and one that has a giant hit box all the way through. -_-

Dahbomb

Dude come on now Dante has bold cancel technology, a solid air dash and double jump, two great assists, great zoning and can actually whiff cancel stuff. Dante is way more solid than Vergil can ever be.

You're just hurting from the tool tax. The same tax that is on viper, ammy, strange, Modok, rocket raccoon, Hawkeye, Arthur, dormammu etc. Vergil doesn't have as many tools as those characters but he makes great use of the few he does have like taskmaster, magneto, wesker and wolverine.

Rapid slash is not like B slash at all. It's not nearly as fast and doesn't have three versions to it meaning it's always going to cross up. Plus this is his signature move unlike wolverine, it even crossed up in the games.

Frantic

Dude come on now Dante has bold cancel technology, a solid air dash and double jump, two great assists, great zoning and can actually whiff cancel stuff. Dante is way more solid than Vergil can ever be.
I know, and I still think Dante's much better than Vergil in pretty much everything(compared to pretty much everyone saying Vergil is better now), I'm just being petty, haha.

But I am already in an avatar bet with Sephi.
The more bets you have, the higher the chances of you getting to wear that avatar. :-D

Zero/Doom/Phoenix is almost as broke as Morrigan/Doom/Phoenix, but not quite. I'd like to see Viscant's Zero.
Viscant has weak execution.

Did Viscant actually declare Vergil to be the best? I thought he was just saying it was a bad matchup for Phoenix. I wonder how long these guys that still don't have a set-in-stone team or two will wait until really focusing in and grinding for EVO. I think to really be the best you have to know your characters and their matchups inside out out, which you won't be able to do if you keep switching your teams up. This stuff takes time.
I think it's awesome that so many people are scrambling to find a team still. Such a great game.

One thing I always ask myself is why Capcom decided to nerf Dante's normals as much as they did(range, hitstun, pushback), but give Vergil normals with better hitboxes, hitstun and no pushback while also making them faster on startup? Especially since Dante can no longer ToD off every hit while Vergil can. Sure, there's the whole 'slow recovery' aspect of them, but they're huge. How do you miss with them? I never do, and it's not hard to make them safe on block...

Basically, I'm salty and miss Dante's vanilla s.L. :(
I'd be happy with Dante getting more nerfs, along with Vergil! :-D

DR2K

Banned
Virgil is easily the best character in the game. The character completely exploits everything UMVC3 tried to tone down. Ignores hit stun, scaling, had especially wonky hit boxes, special that might as well be an unbloackable, brain dead range, teleports, etc. . . As stupid as I think Dante is, Virgil is far better.

Dahbomb

Vergil only ignores hit sun when he has meter. And like said his normals come at a price and lmao at rapid slash being unlockable. I will admit that rapid slash on top of Vergils impeccable mix up game makes rapid slash a great tool.by itself it's not that great.

hey killa is the race to cosmic back on? i've noticed you have been playing ranked again.

I'll accept, I'm going to keep playing ranked when I get bored, seems like some new people have been in there lately and I don't always wanna wait in a lobby.

Plus, lets me troll with my Movie Team (tm). My Captain Fraud and Iron Fraud will be top tier trolls soon enough.

Grecco

Viscant now has a Vergil/Wesker/Strider team in his premade teams which is interesting. Viscant does play a bunch of games with the characters he has issues with to try to learn their weaknesses.

Grecco

Sounds like DJ Houshen might be joining the Vergil Army.

Thats 2 right now. PR Rog and DJ Houshen. Lol wonder how many people jump on the bandwagon by evo.

smurfx

get some go again
Sounds like DJ Houshen might be joining the Vergil Army.

Thats 2 right now. PR Rog and DJ Houshen. Lol wonder how many people jump on the bandwagon by evo.
nooooo! i won't be rooting for huoshen then depending on who he is facing.

hitsugi

Viscant now has a Vergil/Wesker/Strider team in his premade teams which is interesting. Viscant does play a bunch of games with the characters he has issues with to try to learn their weaknesses.

I like that team better with Wesker in front.. easy 100% from Wesker's BNB, and Vergil has loads of stupidity with Wesker's assist from there.

DR2K

Banned
Vergil only ignores hit sun when he has meter. And like said his normals come at a price and lmao at rapid slash being unlockable. I will admit that rapid slash on top of Vergils impeccable mix up game makes rapid slash a great tool.by itself it's not that great.

That's alright he builds meter like nothing because he hits you forever.

Just block left then right then left. I don't think I've seen a top player block that move once. You get the illusion that can block it though, that's something.

Go ahead, Vergil army amass.

Should be fun to peg him from fullscreen high up there.

NOTE: Not saying he isn't good but saying he is the best makes me go not really. Close.

But he does good against typical herp derp rushdown and such.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That doesn't look right. Even if it were it doesn't seem like something Capcom would be involved with. I'd be willing to bet beef/Dahbomb's avatar privileges on it.

Dahbomb

The Vergil army;

Flocker
PR Balrog
Yipes
Richard
Chou
DJ Houshen
Pedro
Mihe
Udaterasu
Omniscythe
Drewgrimey
Dacidbro
Yuki

Solune

That's alright he builds meter like nothing because he hits you forever.

Just block left then right then left. I don't think I've seen a top player block that move once. You get the illusion that can block it though, that's something.

Seasons Beatings Noel Brown upbacked it everytime against OMG itz Andre. I don't why you consistently spew false information but you should stop sometime in the future.

Needs more people playing.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for things.
I think a "best player of team X on the board" challenge would be fun. We all agree on a team and do a little sparring event. Or maybe best character, but that's harder because of team construction.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That does sound fun, but figuring out the team we would use would be kind of hard to do. Maybe we randomly generate a team.

Hsien-Ko/PW/Nova or something.

That does sound fun, but figuring out the team we would use would be kind of hard to do. Maybe we randomly generate a team.

Hsien-Ko/PW/Nova or something.
Or maybe a low tier tournament, or maybe the team we agree on can't have any high tiers.

I would love for us all to have to do a team of Hsien-ko/Phoenix Wright/Shuma-Gorath, or maybe Jill or Thor.

Arthur does not exist.

I bitch about Vergil alot, but I don't care if the army amasses. 9/10 will helm breaker and get XF'd into death by the prettiest girl in all of Marvel <3

Also, sucks that Huoshen would drop Kl'rt :( I guess he's looking for Vergil DHC to kill via sword loop if that's his team, but anchor Vergil is much scarier than anchor Task, and I'm sure Felicia to Task DHC does more than enough to kill problem characters.

He would be the only anchor Taskmaster I'll believe in though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
She Hulk.

I'd be down for a random select tournament. I think if we did a color comp tournament everyone would just play their regular teams. There aren't many people who don't have similar colors for their teams.

How many old people are in Marvel? Maybe do a seniors' night?

Any character under the age of Tony cannot enter.

Random select would be a-ok though.

Solune

So I was in the FGW thread and found USD's blog through his post and he had an awesome MvC3 poem that I hope he doesn't mind that I'm sharing, unless he already shared it?

Originally posted from http://trapcom.blogspot.ca/2012/04/i-wish-you-were-here-scott.html
Fully charged,

Pent-up emotions,

Weak to the faintest of blows,

And I'm not sure whether I can keep it under control.

Or if I want to.

Although I took it out of context, it seemed appropriate right after coming off Avengers and this weekend's tournies and closing in on EVO.

mr. puppy

Banned
team knives is making me love it for one reason: Sentinel on second in your team means I can hard drive out of every single mixup

DR2K

Banned
Seasons Beatings Noel Brown upbacked it everytime against OMG itz Andre. I don't why you consistently spew false information but you should stop sometime in the future.

Up back and blocking it when you're on the ground are 2 completely different things.

Dahbomb

We are talking about rapid slash here right? What difference does it make if you are blocking it on ground or in the air you still block inthe same direction? The Japanese players block it with a lot of consistency unless judgment cuts are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom