• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Is Vergil/Akuma better than Vergil/Magneto or another good beam? i dunno. I still like Pr Rogs Spencer and am kinda disapointed hes dropping him. Why not run Spencer/Vergil/Dante for instance?

Anyways UFGT and CEO will be interesting. UMVC really does seem open right now. Theres no set way to win.

Dahbomb

Is Vergil/Akuma better than Vergil/Magneto or another good beam? i dunno. I still like Pr Rogs Spencer and am kinda disapointed hes dropping him. Why not run Spencer/Vergil/Dante for instance?

Anyways UFGT and CEO will be interesting. UMVC really does seem open right now. Theres no set way to win.
Vergil + Akuma is better for particular oki set ups and it's way better for lock down/pressure set ups and even combo extensions. Vergil gets a combo off of Helm Breaker using Tatsu which is very important to him. Not only that but he can do Helm Breaker while also calling Tatsu and if the Helm Breaker or Tatsu hit he gets a free combo. If it gets blocked, he gets a pressure string. Akuma's own projectile nullification and Vergil's spiral swords make this probably the best hard counter to most types of zoning in the game.

Vergil + Magneto gives you full screen dominance and faster cross ups but not as meaty set ups. It also gives you a more powerful character at the back. It doesn't give you the comboability that Tatsu does nor the lock down but if you just want to go for teleport mix ups all day long it's the best assist for it. This is basically a standard God's Beard vs Dahbomb argument on the forum... he thinks EMD is godly and I think Tatsu is godly. It's up to personal preference but I can definitely vouch for Vergil + Akuma.

And I agree with the last statement. I have NO idea what type of team is going to win EVO (hard rushdown, zoning, mixed, anti-rushdown, Phoenix) where as in Vanilla I had boiled it down to Phoenix + cheap invincible assist and a top character although I was pinning it on Wolverine and Dante more so than Wesker who was still in my top 5. Although Wolverine + Dante + I. assist did make runner up at EVO .

As far as Spencer/Vergil/Dante goes... PRBalrog likes an OTG + horizontal assist for Spencer. He can only get one or the other on that team. That team is very good of course but the way that PRBalrog plays he may not like it unless he plays it with Rapid Slash + Crystal assist.

I know a bunch of people switching to Wolverine after this weekend. And not Zero.
Dat meta game and bandwagoning.

smurfx

get some go again
I know a bunch of people switching to Wolverine after this weekend. And not Zero.
berserker slash is still one of the best moves in the game. sure its not the same as the vanilla version but i always said the real problem with it was its speed. most people cannot react fast enough to block it and that is why it was such a powerful tool.

Dahbomb

You don't have to block it if it's not set up properly, he can be thrown out of it now. If your character has an OS, he has an answer to it.

In any case too many character beat Wolverine for him to be truly S tier in this game. People can play him all they want and he can win all the tournaments on sheer popularity alone... he still gonna get whooped by Zeros and Haggars all day long.

Azure J

Mixed team will take this one, especially if the parts can deal with MorriDoom or Zero. Basically, if your team can deal with flies that rain things down on you, you're good.

Dahbomb

ECT announced to run 3/5 in marvel.
it-has-begun.jpeg

Mixed team will take this one, especially if the parts can deal with MorriDoom or Zero.
Basically, if your team can deal with flies that rain things down on you, you're good.
I think so too, that's where my money is. Someone like MarlinPie who has characters who can both rushdown and zone is the perfect example of the team that should be winning EVO.

Frantic

Wolverine is honestly my personal demon, and the thought of more people picking him up makes me want to cry. I mainly hate Wolverine because of that 4 frame s.L and his OS Dive Kick. Like, I can block his mixups surprisingly well... but then I get opened up by either a dash up s.L while trying to get some freaking breathing room, or I get scooped by an autopilot OS Dive Kick. /salt

Dahbomb

Wolverine is honestly my personal demon, and the thought of more people picking him up makes me want to cry. I mainly hate Wolverine because of that 4 frame s.L and his OS Dive Kick. Like, I can block his mixups surprisingly well... but then I get opened up by either a dash up s.L while trying to get some freaking breathing room, or I get scooped by an autopilot OS Dive Kick. /salt
Pick Haggar, mash assist... profit.

Pick Vergil, mash Helm Breaker + assist... profit.

Frantic

Pick Vergil, mash Helm Breaker + assist... profit.
I think that might be my problem. Not enough Helm Breakers. I probably use it maybe once or twice outside of combos.

But honestly, whenever I fight Wolverine, I miss vanilla Hammer. Even in vanilla, Wolverine was free to Hammer.

Azure J

It's so hilarious to me learning to omit s.L out of my combos only to fear them the worst of anyone's buttons recently. Wolverine's is fucking terrifying. :lol

Helm Breaker from Vergil though... At least it doesn't hit high. That's all I can say.

Random: On point Jam Session is soooooo fucking good. Love clipping people out of the air with it nowadays, even if I'm the type that prefers Acid Rain to cover my area horizontally + vertically.

Xevren

I'm right there with you. I hate his dive kick so much. A couple friends play him all the time, and the only way they can do throws is through the OS dives lol.

JeTmAn81

It's so hilarious to me learning to omit s.L out of my combos only to fear them the worst of anyone's buttons recently. Wolverine's is fucking terrifying. :lol

Helm Breaker from Vergil though... At least it doesn't hit high. That's all I can say.

Random: On point Jam Session is soooooo fucking good. Love clipping people out of the air with it nowadays, even if I'm the type that prefers Acid Rain to cover my area horizontally + vertically.

Nobody ever expects it! Even better if you have an assist you can call which lets you combo off it (Vajra works).

Azure J

OK Marvel-GAF, any comments on the following:

Dante (Jam Session)/Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Magneto (Estaka)
Dante (Jam Session)/Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Phoenix (TK Shot)

The latter is the one I like although it really isn't optimized to be a Phoenix team in any capacity (besides scam shenanigans involving Felicia's meter charge). The former is the one that sounds nicest but that also means I'm learning someone again from scratch.

I'm not necessarily asking for a which is better, but more thoughts on both.

Nobody ever expects it! Even better if you have an assist you can call which lets you combo off it (Vajra works).

It's just one of those things I said "let me use more of" and automatically saw results. You know it's bad when you hassle a Zero player into staying grounded. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo: The scrubbiest Iron Man combo that does very solid damage is just cr.M st.H S j.H, j.+ d+H j.S (try to delay the hits so you end up closer to the ground), dash up Smart Bombs L cr.M st.H S MMH d+H S Smart Bombs H Proton Cannon. No dash cancels, no flight cancels just a basic relaunch combo.

The trick to dash up Smart Bombs is to let the dash rock and input the motion for Smart Bombs during the dash (like a buffer).

The first combo in the video isn't bad but has the same problem with every Iron Man combo starter (can't confirm at near max range of cr.M and is not a safe hit confirm). You should be trying to do the combo at 0:47. It only requires one fly input once, no need to unfly even. The advantage of learning this combo is that A) It confirms for near max distance of cr.M and B) if you miss the hit confirm you are still safe because you cancel into fly.

If you want to check out a safe, by the book type Iron Man, I highly recommend watching Danke's play over at the Iron man forums. Joker's IM is above both our pay grade although those aerial hit confirms are something that all IM players should be doing but can't because they require execution (I still can't do them but whenever I get close to confirm a combo at SJ height I get hyped and drop it).
Noted and bookmarked. Gonna do appropriate research.

Anyone want to tolerate my scrubby play on 360 right now?

BHK3

Banned
Met a noob online, the kind of noob where they just jump around and mash launcher.

After the fight he sent me a message saying GG, even though I just did what he did but he never blocked. I gave him some tips like looking up Maximilian on youtube, mission mode, and holding back when he's under attack.

"yea i kno...ive tried everything im just horrible but i wanna be good"

Really hit close to home, he thanked me for the help, I feel like I did something good today.

This game IS really rough on people wanting to get better. Especially those starting out, because when you lose, you really lose badly.

Always want to lend a hand to someone looking to get better, especially since I didn't know how to play until somebody told me how to improve after long sets.

Ok, I guess it's my turn to ask for advice:

What do you guys think of this team:

Cap (Shield Slash)

Spencer (Armor Piercer)

Taskmaster (H. Arrows)

Is this a decent team or what?

Any advice is appreciated.

Grecco

Ok, I guess it's my turn to ask for advice:

What do you guys think of this team:

Cap (Shield Slash)

Spencer (Armor Piercer)

Taskmaster (H. Arrows)

Is this a decent team or what?

Any advice is appreciated.

yah it is. I ran it for a while. Slant shot instead of armor piercer tho.

LakeEarth

Well Tasks arrows work with both those characters, both highly benefit with a horizontal assist. I'm not sure how Spencer helps Cap, but maybe you can figure using armor piercer to extend his combos (since Cap doesn't need the wall bounce). I think the DHC synergy is good too.

All and all, it's a fine team.

Grecco

Well Tasks arrows work with both those characters, both highly benefit with a horizontal assist. I'm not sure how Spencer helps Cap, but maybe you can figure using armor piercer to extend his combos (since Cap doesn't need the wall bounce). I think the DHC synergy is good too.

you can do interesting cross ups with slant shot and captain americas cartwheel especially vs incoming characters.

Isn't the match not taking place?

Noted and bookmarked. Gonna do appropriate research.

Anyone want to tolerate my scrubby play on 360 right now?
If you were on PS3 I'd get online right now.

Wolverine's speed is hilarious. When everyone played him in Vanilla, I had to learn that laying a Flame Carpet down at half-screen wasn't safe because his c.L would beat me. Now people rarely use him, and he doesn't scare me too much because most Wolverine players are impatient and never had to learn how to use him.

smurfx

get some go again
Isn't the match not taking place?
i think the joker match is the one in trouble. although today on fanatiqs stream it looked like he is going to take the match. he just needs to talk to one of his backers if he is okay with a character lock.

Well, I use Armor Piercer to extend Cap's combos in the corner. I also use it to get a relaunch with Taskmaster.

But I'll give Slant Shot a try. Thanks for the advice, folks.

What did I miss that is reviving the Wolverine army? I'm on finals right now, so not much Marvel time here...

Anyways, with what little time I've had, I've been practicing my Nova/Frank/Rocket team, mostly with Nova. The fly unfly combos that use H a lot were much easier than I thought they'd be, however I often get exchange instead of unfly and it's annoying as hell -.-

Speaking of Nova, Biz, or anybody that's decent with him, what are some good solo assistless combos? Nova's is pretty much the only good combo extending assist on the team, considering Rocket's is usually the one that starts them...

Grecco

Well, I use Armor Piercer to extend Cap's combos in the corner. I also use it to get a relaunch with Taskmaster.

But I'll give Slant Shot a try. Thanks for the advice, folks.

You really dont need AP for combo extensions, but iirc u can do task combo extenders with slant shot

Dahbomb

Nothing happened with wolverine, Noel just won a tournament so I guess people are on the bandwagon again.

The ray ray match is confirmed, its the joker match that is up in the air.

I think it's time to re-re-resettle who the best theory fighter is on NeoGAF. I hereby bet Dahbomb $100 that if the Fanatiq vs Joker match happens, Fanatiq wins.

I have paypal.

VbWTC.jpg

Unless of course, you agree with me lol

This is basically a standard God's Beard vs Dahbomb argument on the forum... he thinks EMD is godly and I think Tatsu is godly. It's up to personal preference but I can definitely vouch for Vergil + Akuma.

Honestly I think they're both great with Vergil, really just depends on your character comfort and who has the third slot on your team.

smurfx

get some go again
I think it's time to re-re-resettle who the best theory fighter is on NeoGAF. I hereby bet Dahbomb $100 that if the Fanatiq vs Joker match happens, Fanatiq wins.

I have paypal.

Unless of course, you agree with me lol

Honestly I think they're both great with Vergil, really just depends on your character comfort and who has the third slot on your team.
winner also becomes the official owner of this.

gX29w.jpg

Bizazedo

Speaking of Nova, Biz, or anybody that's decent with him, what are some good solo assistless combos? Nova's is pretty much the only good combo extending assist on the team, considering Rocket's is usually the one that starts them...

H-loop is the best one i know of with him that I use, but honestly? I abuse X-factor so badly with Nova it's ridiculous.

X-factor 2 = wiping out the opponents team fairly easily. And if I don't, I can just do a normal non H combo, end with Gravimetric Blaster in the corner and DHC when it's over into Wesker's level 3 (nova builds huge meter while x-factored).

If neither of those options are available, I go for resets. He has extremely easy resets with that throw vs most of the cast and if it's some of the cast where it's dangerous to try it, I standing S--> jump cancel to Javelin. Dumbasses tech forward and cross themselves up and get ground bounced, smarter people tech backwards and get thrown by me on the way down.

I do prefer Nova second, though, for the rocket tackle DHC. Being able to combo AFTER hitting a raw rocket tackle is ridiculous and with my team I build another meter before it ends, meaning Nova Force.

H-loop is the best one i know of with him that I use, but honestly? I abuse X-factor so badly with Nova it's ridiculous.

X-factor 2 = wiping out the opponents team fairly easily. And if I don't, I can just do a normal non H combo, end with Gravimetric Blaster in the corner and DHC when it's over into Wesker's level 3 (nova builds huge meter while x-factored).

If neither of those options are available, I go for resets. He has extremely easy resets with that throw vs most of the cast and if it's some of the cast where it's dangerous to try it, I standing S--> jump cancel to Javelin. Dumbasses tech forward and cross themselves up and get ground bounced, smarter people tech backwards and get thrown by me on the way down.

I do prefer Nova second, though, for the rocket tackle DHC. Being able to combo AFTER hitting a raw rocket tackle is ridiculous and with my team I build another meter before it ends, meaning Nova Force.

Ooh, I like how that reset sounds. However, I can't really use X-factor with Nova because it kinda cripples my raccoon on anchor, and without assists mine needs it (god I get so many grabs with him that I can't follow up because it's so annoying to do so -.-). Well, H it'll be...when the log doesn't hit first though, that kinda scales it so much that I'd rather just do a simple relaunch combo into Nova Force.

Dahbomb

I have paypal.

VbWTC.jpg

Unless of course, you agree with
I don't know who's going to win. You can't really theory fight with human players involved, too many factors to take into consideration.

They both have amazing tech on their teams and solid execution plus hand experience in high stakes money matches. Joker might be more inconsistent on his combos but fanatiq has been really rusty as of late. It depends on who trains the hardest in the hyper bolic time chamber.

I don't know who's going to win. You can't really theory fight with human players involved, too many factors to take into consideration.

They both have amazing tech on their teams and solid execution plus hand experience in high stakes money matches. Joker might be more inconsistent on his combos but fanatiq has been really rusty as of late

You sure know how to throw a party. No food, no drinks, and the only babe just left.

I call foul, that bet is too easy!

The real $100 bet should be over what team wins Evo.

$100 per character, so the loser owes the winner $300 if all three are guessed correctly. If you both win a character, the dues cancel out.

Dahbomb

What if we both don't get a character right?

And l am sorry but... I didnt have time to make preparations for the bash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom